• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Anime You've Ever Seen?

SevenShirokami

Cosmo of Light and Dark
Years
I recently began watching Shikabane Hime and Hetalia (as well as several other anime available to me thanks to Funimation Channel~), but I was wondering if there were any other good anime out there that I might be interested in.
So I'd like to ask...
What's the best anime you have ever seen? As long as it's interesting, and has decent art quality (I don't really like watching anime drawn in the style of some of it's manga variations. The most common culprit of this is shoujou manga for all ages.

Which means, please, for the love of all that is anime, do NOT tell me to watch Sailor Moon or something like it....

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Why no Sailor Moon? :D
Anyways since you did not specify the genre it might be difficult to suggest some Anime...
But since this is the thread about our best then I'll say Tsubasa Chronicle.
It has probably everything you would WANT (so no ecchi here) from anime.

SevenShirokami

Cosmo of Light and Dark
Years
@Ash493
I'm really not looking for any specific genre of anime. As for why no Sailor Moon, I recently decided to try and rewatch it (it was one of my favorites as a kid) and realized...it sucks. Bad.
And, coincidentally, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is one of my favorite anime. Besides Pokemon and Hayao Miyazaki, it's also what I have the most merchendise of, in the form of a Mokona hat, a shoulder bag, and a giant scroll on my wall XD

@Scuki
I love K-ON and Lucky Star, and I'd like to watch DragonBall, but there are just way too many episodes. I'll stick to the abridged on that, thanks lol

@ShinyDunsparce
I've heard of Gurren Lagann but I don't know what it's about. Mind expanding a bit? :)
Also, ATLA is one of my all-time favorite shows! I'm so excited for the new mini-series, Legend of Korra. I can't wait!

And, maybe it'll help a bit if I mention my favorite genres...
I like fantasy, comedy (love love LOVE comedy!), horror, slice of life, school life, things to that nature. Ecchi is fine, as long as it's just that. Ecchi. Like, Chobits, School Days, B Gata H Kei, and Nana ecchi. Like, implied, or softcore. No hentai plz.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Vampire Princess Miyu still sends me shivers down my spine.

ZeroCracked

Black Aura
Years
My top five anime as of now are:

Fate/stay night - It's so mysterious, like the plot unravels so slowly it keeps you on edge each episode.

Durarara!! - It's... I can't really describe it. It's just... So good. dat izaya orihara

To Aru Majutsu no Index - It's got a nice plot going for it. It's not all that special though. It's got a huge moe factor, and I have my "SQUEAL ADORABLE" moments with it. And the fight scenes aren't bad either.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - It's like a shot of pure unfiltered GAR to the brain. How could you not love it?

Eden of the East - I can't really find words for this one either. It's one of the deepest, most emotionally charged plots I've gotten into so far. I'm really satisfied with it, from beginning to end.

Zayin

#1 Team Rocket fan
Years
If you want to watch funny and absurd stuff I suggest "Jungle wa itsumo hare nochi Guu" and maybe Excel Saga.

My favourite is Escaflowne despite its cheesyness and weird visual style :P.

Shiny Dunsparce

SummerFeuer on P.G.L
Years
  • Age 33
  • FL
  • Seen Aug 5, 2014
@Ash493

@ShinyDunsparce
I've heard of Gurren Lagann but I don't know what it's about. Mind expanding a bit? :)
Also, ATLA is one of my all-time favorite shows! I'm so excited for the new mini-series, Legend of Korra. I can't wait!

Sure, G.L is about a society that lives under ground, a lot of the population of humans living there don't know of a world above and forbid going above for reasons unknown. That is, until a young boy and his "older brother," and their community are attacked by a "Gunmen," and journey above where they battle it out in a machine called: "Lagann." They are ultimately trying to take the world above back from the Gunmen and establish their society permanently.
There's also a 2nd season that is a flip side of the first season, where the humans are attacked from outer space, I think it's even better than the first season.

You can watch the entire series here:
http://www.justdubs.net/list/series/111/Gurren Lagann

Or buy it here for a good price:
http://www.amazon.com/Gurren-Lagann...1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1333715530&sr=1-1

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I haven't got a massive library of anime I've watched. Although I'd have to say the best Anime I've watched so far is Soul Eater and Naruto [Shippuden]. I just found Soul Eater hilarious, with a bump of interested Characters, and don't get me started on how much depth Naruto as a whole series has.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
My favorite anime was Bleach...I wuved it and I so sad it ended. :'(

My second favorite anime is Inuyasha(fricken love it soso much!!), Danshi Koukousei No Nichijou, and Kimi Ni Todoke. Those are my all time favs, though i've only finished like 20 animes so far. I've just recently got into them last summer.
Also, do movies count? If so, Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite! It got me into Diana Wynne Jones(my favorite author) and now I read almost all her books!

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2012
yeah im a huge fan of horror anime so there may be sone horror titles

gosick
black butler
elfien lied
lucky star
black rock shooter (also big fan of brs and vocaloid)
the world god only knows
the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
yeah thats pretty much all theres a bunch more but you know...

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
Well, I know what my favorites are, but pushing those aside.. the one's that I've seen with the best execution at the beginning / end.. there's actually two that come to mind first.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, and Steins Gate.

Both started as decent series, and then sort of sky-rocketed once they picked up towards the end of the plots, into something that I just sort of set there staring at. They were both awesomely done, though.

Also, Madoka Magica gets some credit, because sooo many mindfreaks and twists.

I have some favorite series that I really enjoy, but in general they weren't necessarily on the list of best handled anime.

Years
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya's first season was ridiculously well executed, as were Tengan Toppa Gurren Lagann, and the Read or Die OVA. Clannad is up there, but it was stretching it at times, a bit more than the first three series, which did push the limits themselves.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
In order of what I found to be my most Favourite anime, I have ever seen; it would go like this:
1) Angel Beats!
2) Full metal alchemist (and Brotherhood)
3) Ouran High school host club
4) Junjou Romantica
5) Itazura na kiss
6) Sekai ichi Hatsukoi
7) Kuroshitsuji
8) Gosick
9) The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
10) Nichijou

out of the so many ones I've watched in the last 3 to 4 years

These are ones I've enjoyed and found that I could watch over and over again, but also ones that had some really epic storyline and art work etc.

Angel beats, FMA and Ouran especially are ones that I re-watch scenes or episodes of on a daily basis and not get bored of.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Definitely Death Note, Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, MUSHISHI how could I forget this, and I know that Avatar: The Last Airbender isn't an anime but I'm saying it anyway.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Oh, I thought I commented this. My faves are;

Revolutionary Girl Utena - Loved everything from start to finish, so many "wtf am I watching moments".
One Piece - Best adventure/shounen I've ever seen and ever will see.
Gintama - Comedy gold with and amazing cast, brilliant OST and some cool fights.
Aria/Haibane Renmei - Tranquil slice of life at it's best.
Card Captor Sakura - Best mahou shoujo I've seen by a long way

Other series like Beck, Monster, Tokyo Magnitude, Clannad, Lain and Koi Kaze were also awesomesauce.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
Though I am a Narutard :D, I'd probably go with Claymore. I'm mad that there are only 26 eps but they changed it up so different than the manga. Fairy tail is also coming up fast! Yu Yu Hakusho is a classic and Hunter X Hunter as well! umm....I'm still going to stick with Claymore.

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
For a while, my top 5 has been;

Castle in the Sky - Perfect execution from minute one. Miyazaki's greatest work.
Cowboy Bebop - A well written show that is enjoyable from the obscenely deep 3 main characters and still fun to watch for fun.
One Piece - A perfect execution of the Shonen fight-a-thon. Everything anyone could ever hope for in a story is somewhere in this story.
FLCL - Words cannot.
Gurren Lagann - Words can, but not very well. Still, a very smart show and EPIC BEYOND EPIC HNNGGGGHHH.

Honourable mentions go to Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) and The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Back