• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Commodore was successfully put to sleep. However, there was a problem. Jem's attack moves were either normal type, fire type, or grass. Because the Porygon was now a fire type, Jem's stronger moves wouldn't hit as hard as Alice would like. Oh well, the risk had to be taken. "Jem, move in and use Flare Blitz!" Alice commanded. She looked up at the sun. Nah, I don't want to use up an extra turn just yet. Some Wingull freely flew above, squawking happily. These Pokémon were lucky, without a care in the world. Alice looked back to Jem, not wanting to get too distracted by other things that had nothing to do with the task at hand.

"Vulpix!" Jem cried, his eyes turning a demonic bright red color. His body engulfed in flames and he charged toward Commodore at full speed. The thing about this move was that it also gave Jem one-third recoil damage. It was definitely not desirable, but again, risks had to be taken. This Porygon was sure a tough fighter. So was Jem.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
The sleepy Commodore was directly hit by the Flare blitz. However the impact caused him to wake up. He was still kind of drowsy though. "PORYGON...pory..." ["Sleep mode... interupted... bzzt..."] Commodore mumbled. Mark called out a bit more to get him back into gear. The Vulpix get hurt fromt he impact of Flare blitz. Maybe this time they could hit him!

"Alright Commodore. Let's change things up a bit. Charge beam!" Mark called out. Mark usually never had a chance to use this move too much... time to see just how it would do in battle! He did know it had the power to sometimes enhance a pokemon's power...

A electric charge began to form from the Porygon's nose. After getting a good lock on Jem, Commodore fired the beam of electricity straight toward Jem.

Renege

C arry T he F lame
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
[Battle Tacticians Class]

"Hmm, who wants to be my partner?"

"I'll battle you!" Wallace hardly realized that he just said that out loud. The last time he battled was years ago he was a bit rusty so he might lose this one but it'd be good training for Lome.

Wallace walked up to Ace, "You wanna head to a battle field preferably one with water near or around it." He needed to be able to use Taiga at her full strength so he needed some type of water near the battle field or something. Wallace's mind whirled with different strategies but he soon stopped himself from going any farther. He didn't even know what Pokemon Ace had he hoped that Lome could put up a good fight. Lome stared down Ace as she was being held in Wallace's hands she knew what was going on and she was definitely prepared. This ought to be one interesting battle since Ace was from a different dorm then him. Wallace tugged on his yellow Raikou Dorm jacket as it was falling off his broad shoulders.

Makbets

Cookie Lover
Years
(She!? Ace is a boy T.T)

..."I'll battle you!"

Ace heard someone, it was Wallace, who wants to be Ace's partner. "Oh, hey there!" Ace said.

..."You wanna head to a battle field preferably one with water near or around it."

"Ok then, also teacher said that he will meet us outside, so lets go!" Ace said, and he left class with his Pokemon Ice. Ice cheered and jumped on Ace's head. "Oh, there u are Ice!" Ace said. "Now lets go outside!" Ace and Ice goes outside.

NightOfRemorse

Years
((OOC: @Makbets: I'm think Renege was referring to his Pokémon, bahaha.))

"Alright Commodore. Let's change things up a bit. Charge beam!" Mark called out. Alice smiled. She already had to a tactic to throw that beam way off.

"Alright Jem, counter that with Energy Ball at full power!" Alice exclaimed. Jem carefully got to his feet.

"Vulpiix!" he screeched, releasing a large green ball of energy at the beam. The ball pushed the beam back a little, resisting its electrical power. Energy Ball had high power, so there was a chance this would work. Jem was starting to weaken, but Alice had to believe in him. If she didn't believe in her own Pokémon, who would? Too bad Energy Ball wouldn't directly hit Commodore, as it had a chance of lowering its Special Defense.

Renege

C arry T he F lame
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2011
(OOC: Yes, I was referring to my Pokemon (Lome)! Aha.)

[Outside; Battle Tacticians Class]

"Ok then, also teacher said that he will meet us outside, so lets go!" Wallace knew that he wasn't prepared for this battle but he also knew he had to do his best. After all this guy was from the Suicune Dorm and everyone knew they had the best trainers which meant the best battlers. Ace suggested they got outside and meet up with the Prof. and his Pokemon jumped on his shoulder a Sneasel. Wallace knew that if he sent that out it wouldn't be very good to send out Lome first because of the type weakness.

"You can start," Wallace said as they approached a battle field that had an island in the middle and surrounding it was calm, still waters. On the island there were big and small boulders scattered around it even a few trees. Wallace pulled out Lome's Pokeball and returned her he didn't her causing a disruption when it wasn't her turn to battle. Wallace wondered what Pokemon Ace had and how he utilized them in battle. Wasn't this the guy that battled that other guy when they first came off the ship? If Wallace remembered right he had a Swablu! Wallace awaited for Ace to choose what Pokemon he wanted to use whether that be Sneasal, Swablu or his third one.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
As Commodore used Charge Beam, Jem counter attacked with Energy Ball. The two projectiles were pushing eachother back and forth, however, all of that energy was edging extremely close to Commodore. If this hit him, Commodore wouldn't have lasted long. Commodore got a small boost in power when using charge beam so that helped him push it back evenly.

"Commodore! Don't give in!" Mark called out. It's a shame that Jem didn't have any electric type attacks for Commodore to converse to. That would have made charge beam much more effective. The two blasts were all evened out. Whoever would be hit by this blast would likely get knocked out or wounded. The Charge beam began to slowly edge toward Jem...

"Keep going Commodore! We got this!"

(I think I'll let you decide who the winner of this match is :3)

NightOfRemorse

Years
"Keep going Commodore! We got this!" Mark exclaimed. Alice payed special attention to the fact that Commodore had to continuously shoot the beam in order to hold it against the Energy Ball.

"Jem, it seems Commodore's got its mouth full. Another Energy Ball!" Alice said. Jem blinked at the sight of the two projectiles. "Vul!" he growled, shooting another Energy Ball to combat the beam. It pushed the beam back even closer to Commodore, hopefully close enough to impact it and explode. If that didn't work, any future hit Jem received would take him out. That didn't matter, though. His effort would make Alice feel like a winner no matter what.

Years
(OOC:Time to step in and be GOD!!! just kidding GM time)

As everyone goes about minding their own business an incredibly loud bell rang across the island signalling the end of the morning session. The bell meant is was time to move on to a new class or free time for some students.​

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Megaman765

Years
Another energy ball... Commodore tried his best to resist the blast but was soon hit by a huge explosion of energy. It tried its best to get up... but fell to the ground completely knocked out. In the distance, a loud bell rang... it ment it was either time to move on to the next class, or it was free time for certain students.

"Commodore!" Mark yelled as his pokemon fainted to the ground. It was a good battle at least. He wasn't completely destroyed... then again, Commodore was one of his newest pokemon. He wasn't as strong as... say.. Snype for example. Mark at least hoped that commodore got some experience from the fight.

"You did good Commodore... Return." Mark said as he returned the pokemon to its ball. Mark let off a cheerful laugh and walked over to Alice.

"Well your dorm sure lives up to its name huh?" Mark said cheerfully. With the bell ringing, Battle tactician class was over and Mark would have to move on somewhere else... Unfortunately, the battle would have to be cut short. Though he was hungry... rushing out of his dorm thinking he was late, he hadn't even grabbed a bite to eat...

"I don't know what your class schedule is but if you aren't busy, how about we go get lunch? My treat. Our Pokemon are probably hungry as well." He asked her.

NightOfRemorse

Years
The Energy Ball was able to push its way through the beam. It exploded on Commodore and knocked him to the ground. Suddenly, the bell rang. Alice looked up toward the sky as if she would see the bell floating midair. She looked at Jem and walked toward him.

"Great job, Jem!" she said, kneeling down and stroking his fur. "Vulpix…" Jem said. He leaned against Alice, exhausted from the battle. "I see you're tired. Return." Alice took out his pokéball and it absorbed Jem inside with a red flash. That was the only time he ever went in there, when he was extremely exhausted or injured.

"Well your dorm sure lives up to its name huh?" Mark said after walking over. Alice stood up, but didn't answer. "I don't know what your class schedule is but if you aren't busy, how about we go get lunch? My treat. Our Pokemon are probably hungry as well," Mark continued. He was right, both Commodore and Jem must have been very hungry after that battle. They both did great, and deserved the best.

"All right," Alice replied simply. She began walking towards the cafeteria. "So… why are you here at the academy?" she asked, trying to start a new topic.

Megaman765

Years
Mark walked alongside Alice to the Cafeteria. His stomach was growling, thinking of what the school could possibly have available... His thoughts of eatting something were interrupted when Alice brought up a question. Why he was at the academy... A good question. Why was he here? Besides wanting to learn all about pokemon, there had to be some other reason... He thought back to his family and his father. He wasn't exactly proud of him but he didn't want to tell everybody he saw about him... not until he could trust them enough...Still... Alice seemed nice enough. He hadn't told anybody about it so what was the worst that could happen?

"Well... I've always been interested in battling. My pokemon never really get much chances to go out and battle trainers so this academy was a good opportunity for me. It also seemed like a good opportunity to make some friends. My hometown back in Celedon isn't exactly a friendly one..." Mark said to her.

Mark paused for a moment and thought more about why he was really here.

"...I guess I came here to get away from that kind of life. Celedon was full of criminals and junkies. I didn't want to be that kind of person. Not like my dad." His dad was a total gambling addict. Mark never really knew him as he was always busy winning big or losing it all. But it was thanks to him that he got to know Commodore, yet he was unsure if his dad won the Pokemon fairly or stole it.

"...Ha, Sorry if I gave off a depressing vibe there. Your turn. Why are you here?" He asked.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye heard the bell ring and quietly shut his notebook. Rama yawned and jumped onto the desk as his partner stood up. Leaping into his arms, the duo left, Skye deep in thought. As they walked own the hallway, Rama watched the boy's eyes, recognizing that cloud in the irises. Skye was flat-out tired. Inwardly, the Dark-type sighed. He always got like this when around a lot of people. This was the best place to fix that though. He pawed his partner's sleeve and barked. "Bring us to food human. We're hungry and so are you."

Skye chuckled softly. "K-Kay." They disappeared down to the Cafeteria, quietly ordered their meal, and just like last time, sat by themselves. Thankfully this time, Ellie was happily eating and not running around. Skye looked up into the rafters and shook his head in amusement. Volca was naturally back up there with his food bowl, balancing casually on a beam. "V-Volca's go-going to g-get me in truh-trouble," he told his other two Pokemon, who both let out varying yips of agreement, Ellie's mouth stuffed with food. Rama cheerily whacked her with his tail as she leaned down for more, causing her to bite it. The Eevee yelped and released it, spitting fur from her mouth as the Zorua chuckled. Skye laughed softly, before glancing at the entryway to the Cafeteria. Alice was walking in with someone he didn't know. She escaped being caught. Should I be glad or upset? Shrugging, he went back to his sandwich.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Brian was letting his nerves get the better of him. He was visibly shaking as he waited. Finally, he could take it no longer. He ran forward and scooped Snivy up into his arms.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Walters. I can't do this!" Bri said. Before the teacher could say anything, the bell rang. Bri got out of the room as fast as he could. He ran to the cafeteria. He looked around and saw a lot of people. But his gaze lingered on a boy sitting by himself. The boy had a Zoroa, a Larvesta, and another pokemon he had never seen before. It was about the size of Zoroa, and had a brown coat. Bri was instantly curious. He had to know what this pokemon was. But first, he had to get some food, as his stomach was growling. He went and got himself a sandwhich, and for Snivy some pokemon food. He sat down and tore into his lunch. Snivy sniffed at her food.

"You expect me to eat this?" she asked, as if offended that he had even thought it.
"You're not getting anything else till dinner, so if you are hungry, then yeah!" Bri said to her between bites. After he gulped down some drink he turned to the boy sitting next to him.

"Hi! I'm Bri! What's your name? Who's that pokemon? I've never seen one before!" Bri said, a little hyperly (if that's even a word). Snivy looked over at the pokemon in question.

"She doesn't look that impressive to me!" Snivy said.
"Be nice, Snivy!" Bri said to her. She looked at him a little sullenly, then went back to picking at her meal.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Ellie blinked and turned to Rama. "I think he talks faster than me!"

Rama snorted. "Yeah right. By the way don't you feel insulted? That Snivy was rude right?"

Ellie shook her head and went up to the Grass-type. She raised a paw in greeting. "Hiya!"

Skye smiled gently and turned to Bri. "I'm Sk-Skye. Thuh-That's E-Ellie a-and shuh-she's an E-Eevee. T-That's Rama," The Zorua turned into Snivy and snickered. "A-And V-olca's up th-there." Volca didn't even twitch from his spot. still eating.

NightOfRemorse

Years
Alice listened to Mark's reasons for coming to the academy. It made sense. He lived in a ghetto-like place, and his dad was a gambling addict. Just like Xu Fugui was. Alice hoped Mark's father wouldn't lose everything completely like him, too.

"...Ha, Sorry if I gave off a depressing vibe there. Your turn. Why are you here?" Mark asked. Alice turned to him and thought for a moment.

"I'm here because I wanted to meet new people and train my Pokémon," she replied, pausing to open the cafeteria door. She noticed Skye looking at her, so she grinned and waved.

"Also, the place that I lived in, Saffron, was sort of boring. Not much going on there to be honest." Alice walked over to look at what the cafeteria had today. She could settle for yogurt and toast. She grabbed a large cup of yogurt and four spoons.

"May I have four toasts, please?" Alice asked. The lunch lady glared at her. "I'm sorry about earlier!" Alice exclaimed, bothered about how the lunch lady was still angry because of it. The lunch lady rolled her eyes and prepared the toast. Funny how on the first day, even the lunch lady hated her. How many enemies would she have by the end of this year?

Out of the blue, Alice realized she had no idea what her next class was. The schedule… where was her schedule? She touched both of her pockets, but they were empty. Damn Jem probably ate it.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Not caring about, or even noticing Skye's stuttering, Bri continued, "Nice to meet you Skye! So that's what an Eevee looks like. Well, she very cute. And I didn't even see Volca! So, how do you like this school? It's pretty awesome, isn't it?"

Snivy regarded Ellie for a moment with a look of smug arrogance, with just a hint of contempt. Then she nodded a greeting. She then turned her gaze to Rama, the one that was laughing at her.
"Just what do you think you're laughing at?" she asked, her voice more than a bit on edge.

"Snivy, calm down before you make them mad!" Bri told her. To Ellie and Rama he said, "I'm sorry, she can be really mean sometimes."

Makbets

Cookie Lover
Years
"Ok then, I choos- Waaah! What was that!?" When Ace was about to throw a Pokeball, he heard a very loud bell. "Oh well...I don't know what was that but....Leafy come on out!" Ace smirked. Lombre came out. "Lets see, who are you gonna use.." Ace said. Leafy made a serious look at Wallace.

Megaman765

Years
Meet new people and train... seemed like the usual reason several students came here. Mark considered Safferon to be a pretty boring place as well, despite it being one of the central citys of Kanto. Maybe it's because he took it for granted since he lived so close to it. People from other regions would probobly see it as a tourest attraction of sorts. Mark at least appreciated the work put into Silph Co.

Mark walked into the cafeteria with Alice. The lunch lady gave Alice an odd glare... did they know each other in some way...? Either way, Mark asked for toast, along with a bit of Scrambled eggs. On his way, he picked up a few snack packs for their pokemon to munch on and sat at the closest table.

"Well, I can say it sure hasn't been boring here. If I could, I'd live here. Haha... Oh! Almost forgot..." Mark grabed all three of his pokeballs and released all three of his pokemon. Snype, The sableye, Len the Poliwag, And Commodore, The Porygon. Commodore was rested enough to move well enough but was still hungry...

"Here guys, You must be starving." Mark said as he gave each of them a large bowl of Pokesnacks. Commodore got his own bowl because of the way he ate. Being artificial, It didn't exactly eat the food, but rather sucked nutrients out of the food, making it lifeless, yet healthy for the Porygon. Snype hopped on top of the table to take a look at the new surroundings and noticed Alice. He looked back at mark and gave off a large smile, wondering who his new friend was.

"Oh, that's Alice. I met her a little while ago. Commodore battled her but lost. I was going to send you out but the bell schedule said otherwise..." Mark told his pokemon. Snype turned around and stared at her a bit with the same large smile.

NightOfRemorse

Years
Alice followed Mark to the nearest table. Damn, now that ***** over there will keep watching me. She turned her back to the lunch lady. Mark released his other Pokémon from their pokéballs. Other than his Porygon, he had a Sableye and Poliwag. Mark gave them each a bowl of food. His Sableye hopped onto the table and grinned at him. "Oh, that's Alice. I met her a little while ago. Commodore battled her but lost. I was going to send you out but the bell schedule said otherwise..." Mark said. The Sableye looked at Alice and smiled. She couldn't help but laugh, because she always thought a Sableye's smile was funny. Alice reached to her belt and took out three pokéballs. She tossed them and released Jem the Vulpix, Savannah the Absol, and Bean the Bulbasaur. Alice looked at Bean and noticed something. His bulb seemed to be bigger than it was earlier. Maybe he was close to evolution? Alice held the yogurt to him, but he refused it. That was okay, as he also received his nutrients from the sunlight. It had been very hot on the roof earlier.

Looking outside, it wasn't as sunny. It was rather overcast now, which was strange considering the bell just rang when they were outside in the intense heat. Jem and Savannah pushed Bean out of the way and dug into the large cup of yogurt. They were obviously starving. "Bulba," Bean said, looking at the Sableye. He extended a whip from his bulb and held it up to him. "Oh, Bean wants to shake his hand," Alice explained. Then she realized she didn't know the Sableye or Poliwag's names. "What're their names?" Alice asked, gesturing to the Poliwag and Sableye. Bean was... acting nice to strangers. This was definitely not normal for him, but it was for the better. Maybe the fact that he was about to evolve raised his level of maturity. Or maybe he just preferred certain Pokémon or people over others.

Back