• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] (Δ) HOLON mythos (δ) [M] [IC]

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
4.jpg
22.jpg
3.jpg
11.jpg
102.jpg

[SIZE="+5"](Δ) H O L O N mythos (δ)[/SIZE]
Rated M | OOC Thread | IC Thread | GM'd by Chalifoux and TheSnivyMaster | 1 SPOT is OPEN

Theme Song

This is the IC Thread of the Roleplay, refer to the OOC Thread in order to sign-up first.

EX06 - THE HOLON REGION

All areas will be linked to the posts that introduce them as they are shown in the IC Thread. They can be visited by the characters at any time unless otherwise stated.

EX07 - POSTS MADE SO FAR

// << LIKE EON LIGHTS >> //
[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X] [X]​

EX 05 - THE CURRENT CAST

the BOYS
  1. Cutie Patootie - Dirk Francis [Kiklion]
  2. Detective (Holmes?) - Seth Zenith [«Chuckles»]
  3. Genus Instructus - Nyx Lane [NyxShooter]
  4. Custom Bolded Title? Too Mainstream... - Drake Callibur [TheSnivyMaster]
  5. Somebody To Love: - Riku Graham [Charizard_Man]

the GIRLS
  1. Overly Attached Sister - Delilah Forth [Chalifoux]
  2. Hatched at the Daycare - Megan T. Cooke [eeveeandmew]
  3. Ruled by Life - Charlotte White [TheFinalWatchman]
  4. Honoring Madeline - Herra Walker [Logical Cabbage]
  5. Humble to an Oversize - Reyna Marshall [-Sam]
  6. Just Dess - Dess Foster [Vintage Arachnid]

they all like CARMEN <3

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

600px-Holon_Map_by_Pikaninja.jpg

Also this is Holon and it's like totes pretty!

Last edited:
Years
<< A few GUIDELINES before we START >>

==> The progression of the PLOT will be handled with CHAPTERS. Each Chapter covers a portion of your journey and is generally posted along with the description of an AREA of the Holon region.

==> There are both MANDATORY and SIDE EVENTS. And they're pretty much self-descriptive. Both come with rewards, but only the mandatory ones are required to advance and eventually finish the Roleplay.

==> While it is true that TheSnivyMaster is in charge of generating WILD ENCOUNTERS, it is you who determine whether you CATCH, BEAT or RUN from what he throws at you. If you choose the former, just keep in mind that you can't catch everything you find, and nor can you catch it at your first try~

==> Your characters can always FIND supplies in the wild, so long as it's reasonable. You may find a Max Potion lying behind some buildings, but that doesn't mean all of your Potions will be of such an elusive kind when you encounter them, m'kay?

==> Your ENCOUNTERS are generated with a background picture made by TSM, and the LEVEL and GENDER the picture denotes are the ones your encountered Pokemon has. In addition to the picture, the TYPE, MOVESET, ABILITY and on occasion HELD ITEM of the Pokemon will be described for you to work with them~

==> Very minor INTERACTIONS are done by SEPARATE POSTS (i.e. one per player involved), but the longer interactions are to be dealt with by way of JOINT POSTING, which can be done with text-processing gizmos, like ETHERPAD, or just via PM or CHAT or WHAT HAVE YOU.

==> That's it from my part. However, as questions arise and doubts are cleared, this REFERENCE POST might receive some UPDATES in the NEAR FUTURE. For now, tho, HAVE FUN and TRY TO CATCH MEW IF YOU CAN!

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years

02 - ARRIVAL; DISCOVERY

Theme Song: Discovery of Gravitation - Gravity Rush

Thursday, circa 4pm.

T he gentle breeze blows in conjunction to the flowing waves, a sweet symphony of nature enveloping the ship in its entirety. The occasional cry of a Wingull serves as background decoration as a message echoes across the speakers around the ship, eagerly delivered by a high-pitched feminine voice:

"All on board of the S.S. Holos should prepare to disembark in about twenty minutes. Mr. Jaywalker would like to thank you for your decision to partake on his contest. Please make sure to take all of your belongings as you leave, and remember to always have fun in the exciting Holon region!"

The promised land comes into view as soon as the lady finishes her speech, a semi-circular piece of land joined to the northern lands of Kanto by a very modest trail of grass. A wide range of mountains is currently all that can be see, as well as a small chain of islands that are at a decent distant. The trip in itself was very uneventful. As soon as people got on board they all began to scatter aimlessly. Upon boarding, you were handed two items, from which only one you were allowed to keep holding on to. The first were the keys to the room assigned to you, of course. It was your own square of 4 meters in area for a nice couple of hours, yet eventually you had to give up in the set of keys that granted access to this personal sanctuary of yours.

The second one is, by mere contrast, far more important: the latest piece in technological gadgets that belong to one region alone, developed by the renowned Tech Laboratories; the Holon Transceiver or, Htransceiver, if you're willing to follow the odd naming system of the Unova region. It is a hands-free, metallic device - with an odd metal pattern embossed to the side - that comes with a convenient, small pad. The pad in itself displays a simple, yet elegant menu with a list of different options. And by different I mean it only has two at the time it is given to you. The first of them, "MAP" does what it says, and shows a region map equal to that of the first post, while also displaying the location of the player, and a blurb of where they are when applicable. The second option, "CALL" is also self-explanatory. By inputting a serial (composed by numbers and capital letters, in any combination, equaling eight spaces in total, hyphens excluded), followed by a name to identify the contact, it will employ the hands free device to establish communications with other Htransceiver holders. It takes only one call for a serial to be saved in the third option (which appears after making a first call), "CONTACTS" which isn't really deserving of an explanation, as it's just a list of the names given to serials for easier calling. An Htransceiver's number is displayed at the top of the list of the Pad. Make sure not to loose either gadget, as they rely quite heavily on each other~

Lastly, and while not entirely noticeable right now, the moment you point the pad to a Pokemon, another option will pop up on the menu. This option, "ALMANAC", employ the latest (and the least legal) technologies to scan whichever Pokemon stands in front of it for a good three seconds, and then displays the most recent Pokedex entry found in the Open Pokedex Database it has integrated (for the sake of being modern, the entries are those of X/Y, and will be from ORAS come November, because there shall be an "Update" on such Database : >). The only thing that makes this Almanac different from a Pokedex, is that it displays the type of the Pokemon scanned, and not necessarily the type of the regular members of the species. Each type of species scanned is detected as a "Form" and will be added to such section for future reference.

19/17/14: Editing for convenience. The Pad can also display an option called 'HUB'. which will display any and all data on the player's current team: types, ability stats, moves, gender, you name it. It appears as soon as you have three Pokemon. It works and looks exactly like the Pokemon X/Y party screen, displaying any and all data the aforementioned screen can (cries, sprite movement, party sprites and all that shiz), even measuring the health of a Pokemon in the elusive alien measure known as 'HP'. The only thing it doesn't show is the PP of a move, since we won't work around with such a tedious thing ~

Also, when calling, both caller and receiver will see their Pad's screen displaying the name of the contact calling/being called, as well as a red circle and a green circle under such name. The green circle picks up the call, the red ends it. During a call, once an tap the green button, which will send them back to the main menu while the call runs in the background, thus allowing them to do things such as checking the almanac or hub or whatnot. When this occurs, the green circle remains next to the serial code, and tapping the circle while there will bring the afore mentioned interface for calls.​

But let's not get too off-topic, okay? You may have made contacts on the ship, or you may have just decided to blatantly disregard the devices handed to you. Perhaps you found the dining hall and its many dishes to be better than some piece of expensive technological state-of-the-art garbage? Regardless of whichever your case was, you have finally arrived at the so-praised, so-mysterious, so-coveted region of Holon.

Now, what will your first steps be like when you leave the ship?

==> There's no particular goal on this part, just post about whatever it is your character did while aboard the ship. It could be an NPC interaction, or with a Roleplayer, maybe they could use the ALMANAC feature for a bit? One post should suffice before you move on to the next part~

ITEM GET!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Megan (Girl Hatched at the Daycare)

Looking around after getting the device, Megan really did not know what to do. There were other people around, but none seemed to want to talk. She walked off to her room, sat in a chair, and called out Nina. Nina proceeded to sit on her lap. She then thought about what they were planing on doing. "Dad always like unusual pokemon, so maybe he came here." Picking up Nina, she proceeded with,"You remember your defensive training right? Offence is the best defense. Remember, our last resort is hollow out the ground underneath your opponent, them make it cave in. Got it?" Nina nodded, cuddling against her chest. Megan smiled, and thought about how different her life would have been if she raised a different pokemon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I regret nothing about my choice." ~Megan

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
View attachment 72741 Honoring Madeline
Herra WakerView attachment 72740

As they hand Herra the Holon Transceiver, she just walked to her mother and hugged her goodbye.

" I'll miss you sweetie."

" I know it's not wise for me to go on a journey, but I want to see more of the world and..."

" I know Herra. You want to honor Madeline. Can I see your pokemon for one last time?"

Herra summons out Buddy and Madeline. Even though the two clearly don't like each other, but they both fight for the attention of Ms. Waker. She smiles and pats the two. Then she hands a backpack to Herra.

" I made sure to pack you berries, Lava Cookies, lemonades, water bottles, the Charcoal you wanted, and the Mystic Water. You better go now. Don't want to to miss that boat. Bye now."

Herra nods and registers her mother on the device. Then she leaves, with her Torchic and Shellos following behind. She wavers her way through the crowd inside the boat and reaches her dorm in one piece. The two pokemon fight each other but then calm down as Herra gives them a berry each.

Hopefully that calms them down, Herra thought. I need them both to work together. They cover each other's weak points. Then she throws herself on her bed and put on the Holon Transceiver. She checks out the features and clicks the Almanac feature. She views her pokemon with it and info comes out of it. She was surprised to see Shellos with the move Brine. New surprises everyday, Herra thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Nori Sunnydale

Nori looked towards Holon Region with a small smile as he held onto the rail of the ship. The world had suddenly become so large. Since leaving home and venturing from Kalos to Kanto; he felt almost, if not but a little, more mature. He had left on his own and found his way to his destination on his own. And now he was about to venture out on this great journey of self-discovery.

He knew that more than anyone else, he wanted to find Mew himself, if not for the fame than for the gratification of knowing he had done it; plus, it wouldn't hurt that he would become just as renowned as his mother. He tilted his head up a bit, his small smile turning into a wide grin as he spotted Noisy flying back towards him.

She screeched loudly before perching onto his left shoulder; her handkerchief was damp, he could feel it on the side of his neck. "What did I tell you about flying into the clouds, its dangerous up there. A number things can happen and I'd never know."

The Noibat simply nuzzled her head against his cheek before ridding the moisture from her wings with several flaps. As usual, she had Nori leaning his head away from the extravagant show and wetness of its all. He chuckled lightly before gently petting her. "You're impossible to deter." He teased with a smile.

The air around them were growing just a bit warmer the closer they approached. It was the foreboding of a grand adventure and the forewarning of a new chapter in his life. "My chapter," He thought to himself. Looking towards the Island, Noisy and he was content with just being together.​

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years

NyxLane_zps4ed3dc2d.png
Nyx Lane,
sigpic372834_8.gif
Drake Callibur, &
DelilahForth_zps710cdb2a.png
Delilah Forth

The Chronicles of Holon: The Scientist, The Hipster, and the Wardrobe Broken-Hearted Diva!

Drake Callibur - Inventory;

Nyx Lane - Inventory;

Delilah Forth - Inventory;

ALMANAC Progress:
0% | 0% | 0%

DISCLAIMER: All the CSS was done by Nyx and Nyx alone. Chalifoux SUCKS! (jk Chal is love, Chal is life) ... Nyx rules.

The City of Slateport was bustling when Nyx heard the call of the ship leaving in 20 minutes. He was still groggy from sleep, and couldn't help but feel drowsy. He lugged his backpack along and started sprinting for Slateport docks. He grabbed a few Poffins from the bazaar, and 5 potions. He still forgot to use his Pokemart discount coupon, but it didn't matter.

Nyx was sprinting by the time he saw smoke billowing from the S.S. Holos. He felt like he was about to hop aboard an amazing journey of a lifetime. He breathed in the smell of Slateport City for the last time in a while, and boarded the Ship. The friendly lady gave him a Room Key, and an H-Transciever as the ship sailed for Coumarine, and onward to Holon. Nyx was expecting to meet Professor Sycamore, but boy was he wrong. Instead, he would meet some fantastic people. Specifically a duo, not easy to forget.

Nyx was heading for his room when he bumped into one of the maids. "S-Sorry madam! It was an accident" he said as he helped the maid pick up her silver platter. Thankfuly there was nothing on it, or else he would be responsible for a huge mess. Nyx immediately retreated into his room and waited for the Coumarine arrival announcement.

Others on the boat were glaring at him, due to him donning a long labcoat...while travelling to a tropical island. These must've been some fellows from the Johto region, as their jawline was more prominent. Nyx continued walking on, ignoring the two. Nyx retreated to his room and took off his oversized labcoat. He put on a tank top and shorts, put his backpack on, and headed to the Dining Room. Dining room was a fancy word really, More like a Burger Queen

The cry of the Wingull echoed through the daylight setting as people began to gather around the docks of Coumarine City. Echoes and mumbles filled with hope and expectations on the journey abroad. Masses began to gather around all piers as the ship slowly began to dock.

In within the conglomerate, a young lady was walking, limbs graciously swaying about as her furisode danced with the coastal breeze, Mincinno held in her arms. Her brother, Janus was most likely on board already, so all she had to do was board and look for him. Once that was done they would embark on a journey of their own, a first for her, and probably the only time she was willing to leave Valerie's Gym at Laverre City. Add to all that the fact she wasn't carrying any of the Pokemon she fought with at the Gym; saying she was nervous would be an understatement.

"Evening, miss. Are you setting sail to Holon as well?"

"I-Yes, of course!" She spit in-within an odd mixture of laughter and choking. Who even convinced her of doing this? Ah yes, Janus.

"Delightful, might I see your ticket?"

With the norm dealt with, she was quick to enter the huge luxury liner, eyes constantly scanning her surroundings, desperate to find the sight of her brother. Looking at the keys and the weird hands-free and the pad gizmo-thingy-stuff that were now in her simple white purse, she decided it would be wise to look around the room assigned to her. With her track set her feet regained their motion and headed towards her destination, but not before concealing her Mincinno in the neat confines of one of her Pokeballs.

Above the docks of Coumarine, a trainer, probably about the age of 30, and a boy who was probably around 16, were flying down onto the dock on the older male's trusted Braviary. It screeched it's cry of bravery as it torrented down onto the platform. The older male and his younger companion then jumped off of the red white and blue bird, landing almost perfectly, as the older male recalled the Pokemon into it's Poke Ball.

"Is this the ship, Drake?" The older male asked his companion as he looked at the ship labeled "S.S. Holos".

"I think so, Dad..." the younger male said, apparently named Drake, to his father. Upon closer inspection, one could see a Snivy resting on Drake's shoulders, apparently sleeping soundly.

"Well, then that's good. Means my 'old man' brain is still intact!" Drake's father said with a chuckle. Drake only looked down with embarrassment.

"Now, Drake, you remember what I told you. Even though you're not a boy anymore, you're still my son. Do not talk to strangers, or do anything I wouldn't approve of," the older male told his son, looking him in the eye this time.

"I know, I know, I know. God..." Drake said with a blow of his hair, mostly hidden under a gray beanie. The boy was getting impatient. After all, the gateway to an epic journey was right in front of him! "Can't I go now?"

"... Okay, Drake. I shouldn't try to nag you about safety. After all, you are almost a grown man." The father said, with a calm voice laced in every word. "But be careful. If I hear something happens to you, your mother will be crushed. I can't stand to see her get like that again..." The man said, reminiscing about a tragedy that has nothing to do with the plot.

The man then stood aside, as Drake made sure he had all of his items. "Okay, here's Sven's Poke Ball, Melodiam's in the tow... Mhm... Okay! I'm ready." The young male in gray waved to his father for the last time in a while, before entering this ship.

"Hello, sir. May I see your ticket?" A woman about in her 20's said to Drake as he tried to board the ship. She said it with such a sweet smile that he couldn't help but get a little dazed.

"Ah... sure... ma'am..." The young man said, rushing around his fanny pack trying to find the ticket he bought only days before. "I'm sure I put it... right here!" Drake cried out as he pulled out the slightly crumpled-up ticket from the pack. The attendant scanned it, confirming that it was valid and stuff like that, and let him aboard with another one of those sweet smiles.

"Um, excuse me, please," Said young Delilah Forth as she encountered a group of people standing next to the dining hall, all of them excited for the prescence of a Burger Queen within the confines of the ship, which clearly did not infringe any copyright whatsoever (and assuming otherwise is dumb), "I'm trying to walk to my room."

"Ay girl, ya' don't trick me, I ain't gon' let'cha get them burgers befo' me!" Screeched a man in his fourty, with a very... circular, shape, as he refused to step aside and instead stretched himself in front of Delilah to prevent any further advancement from her part.

"But I don't like those things they sell, please, I beg your pardon."

"Things?! Ya' know Princess, ye' should watch yer' words. Who knows who might get a lil' bit offended by th-"

Nyx saw the girl, obviously a bit dumb-struck by the mans horrible grammar and behavior. He didn't take kindly to the bullying the guy was doing. Interrupting the guy mid-speech with a swift sucker punch to the jaw.

"Sorry" Nyx responded at the girls seemingly frightened face. "I couldn't bother hearing him talk any longer...I hope you dont mind?" Nyx says, trying to calm the girl. He seemed to be making it a bit worse for himself. Who would knock out a guy just because he didn't like the way he talked?

He was a bit frightened at the girls questions "I don't think we've met before. However, I will take the liberty of introducing myself. Im Nyx, Lane." He said as he saw another guy coming to the Burger joint. "I'm a street performer in Lumiose. Perhaps you saw me before"

"Nyx... Lane?" She couldn't help think she had heard that particular name before. She just knew she had seen the guy before, as she was sure there weren't many 'Nyx's around, "From Lumiose?" Her mind was still trying to piece everything together, to no avail. Perhaps she would remember later, "I see... Well, I-"

"Why the hell is there a Burger Queen on this ship...? Couldn't they settle for something like McGoofy's or Dairy King?" Drake said, with a puff of air as most of the people inside were munching horribly on their meals, obviously stuffing it down too fast. The thought just made Drake shiver with disgust, Sven finally waking up to see what a nut-house they were in.

Nyx could clearly see the young figures distate at the place, and couldn't help but sympathize. "I live in the streets, you may have seen some homeless man climbing up rooftops and such? It's not exactly your everyday appearance." Nyx said as he signaled the youth to come over. "Is there anything I can help you with?" Nyx inquired at the girl.

Drake noticed the older male, perhaps in his 20's, signaling him to come over. The guy was wearing a plain tank top, although Drake referred to them as "wife-beaters", so what he replied to him with was "What a douche, I'll pass," and he was certainly about to, when he couldn't help but notice that a lovely young woman was near the the older male. The woman had flowing blonde hair, framing a perfectly flawless face, while he couldn't help but notice the hair-pieces in her hair.

"Douche? Is that what you call your mother, mister?" Delilah scoffed at the young male who had arrived to the scene within a matter of seconds, "Just because we're all strangers gives nobody the right to act that way." her expression had not changed, and she didn't intend them to, yet she expected to deliver a clear message right away.

"I don't call my mother 'douche', I call douches douche. That's just my deal, my dear." Drake said with a straight face to the woman, as she was apparently quite flustered with how Drake reacted. Sven just watched as Drake tried "flirting" with this Furisodede girl.

Nyx, flabbergasted at the mans sudden outburst couldn't help but grin at the youth. He left to his room, leaving the two to argue. Albeit, he would've enjoyed staying, he might return later. He would definitely return later. This was too fun to pass up, he enjoyed the two's company Nyx was thinking as he was striding to his room, Room 409.

"You don't get to call me 'dear' unless you buy me dinner, sweetheart," She replied as her eyeballs curled upwards. It wasn't long before she realized Nyx was gone, "And what do we have here, he's gone. Happy?"

"Well, I wasn't expecting him to leave so soon..." Drake said as he pulled out a wrinkled 20 dollar bill. "And that dinner can easily be arranged, my lovely."

"Err, no, thank you, I have to go meet somebody first," She didn't plan on staying any longer, and so she began to make her way past the hordes of people, now being less polite.

Drake sighed as he looked down at his Grass-Snake companion. "Believe me, Sven, I'll have the sweet angel from heaven in my arms eventually, you'll see," he said with a casual smirk on his face. Sven only replied with a shake of his head, which was probably implying "Hell no, that won't happen."

Nyx, arriving at his room, put on his lab coat again. He was sure the teen and the girl were still bickering. He went back to the Burger Queen and low and behold, he saw the teenager, apparently talking to his Snivy.

Drake then looked up and saw the man, this time wearing an odd, blue labcoat. "Back already?" He asked the man with an obviously annoyed look on his face.

Nyx sprinted over to the youth, and says with a very hearty grin, "Please, don't put on such a facade. You were anxiously awaiting my arrival... I think the two of us will get along fine." He says as he puts his arm on Drakes shoulders. "You remind me of myself" he says with a ping of nostalgia.

"Uhhhhhh..." Drake was at a clear loss for words. "... Thanks...?" Was all he could get out as he was eyeing his own shoulder, apparently getting acquainted by the man's arm.

He passes Drake his H-Transciever's serial code. "You might as well register me, cause from now on we're adventure buddies!" He said with a cheery air of himself. "Or else you'll end up like the guy over there" he whispers as he points at the knocked out guy. "Just kidding!" He exclaims.

Now Drake was all-together weirded out. Clearly the man had too much to drink, or he was insane, or... well, something. He wasn't exactly sure as to whether he should accept the man's code or not, or to sneak away once they get off the ship, but being the teenager he is, he had a ring in his head telling him to take the code and take chances.

He catches the youths eye staring at his shoulder with clear discomfort. He removes his arm, sparing the youth. "What's your serial number again? I didn't quite catch you when you said it earlier adventure bud.

"... I never said my code...?" Drake was perplexed by this man. Clearly he was insane, who calls their companions "adventure buddies" anyway?! But, as he already decided to go with him, he gave the man his code, hoping that he would forget where it was or something.

He caught the look everyone gave him. Slightly hurt, but not deterred, trying his best to hide his saddened expression. "Thanks, would you prefer a different name rather than adventure buddy? I can tell you don't have a great affection for it." He said with a half-hearted smile.

"Ah... just call me Drake... Drake Callibur, if you must..." the youth said, eyeing Sven and the uncomfortable look that he was giving back to Drake.

The man chuckled. "Callibur, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time..." He said, his mind somewhere else. "Callibur, a legend they called him..." He looked at the youth, "Not much of your father passed on to you I see. He was a kind man... most of the times."

Drake was dumbfounded this time. "You know my father?!" He asked the man in blue, now quite curious about this man's relationship with his father.

"Know your father? Boy oh boy, I was his drinking buddy!" He exclaimed, a little jostled by the youths exclamation. "Yes I knew your father when I was 17, we met in a bar, but unfortunately one day he left without leaving a note. I remember when he almost destroyed a village in Sinnoh using his Dragonite if I remember correctly." Nyx said with a pleased grin.

"My father's Dragonite! ... Impressive." The youth said with an impressed expression. He wanted to know more. "I didn't quite catch your name... what was it?"

Nyx fixed his lab coat, dusted his Poke Balls. "Lane...Nyx Lane." he replied. "Want to get a bite to eat? I doubt Holon will have much food, or supplies." He asked with a matter-of-fact tone.

"... Sure, I guess... but please, let's not eat in here. These fatzos give me the creeps." Drake shivered again, another discomfort grunt.

Nyx looked inside the pig hall. "That place would only give us a disadvantage in Holon. Drake I won't hide this from you, but... it's very likely people will die in Holon. It's a very grave matter." He grabbed Drake and took him to a nearby Pizza Shack. "After this, let's go to the nearest PokeMart and buy supplies, as I doubt there will be many PokeMarts there if none at all." He said with a stern tone.

Now Drake was worried. "W-W-Wait... what?!" He gasped as he was being dragged on his feet by the mysterious labcoat stranger.

"So Drake, if you honestly think that everyone will make it out of this island alive, I'm sorry to say that's is not the case." Nyx says as he orders a cappuccino. "This island, no one has ever been to it before except a poorly equipped science team." He said dismissing his happy look.

"... Uhhh... Ahhh..." Drake said, any sense of acting cool being gone. Now he was in fear of his life. Because after all, people could DIE! ... Even that beauteous Furoside girl could... Yet Drake wouldn't let that happen.

"In fact, I'm sure those pigs in the restaurant might be careless, slip in a hole, and nobody would find them. This is why supplies are important, and being aware of your environment. Don't get light headed thinking about others too much, or get feeling which can cloud your logic." He said with a very serious and stern face, all sense of merriness having disappeared. "But I'm sure you'll be fine, your with me after all!" He said with an abrupt change of mood.

"Yea... I'm with you... I'll be fine... right?" But deep down, no matter what the man in the labcoat said, Drake couldn't help but think about the Furoside girl... and keeping her safe...

"You'll be fine..." If you keep a cool head, the man thought, but didn't have the heart to tell him. "You're with the most renowned pokemon Scholar in all of Kalos!" He said as he finished his cappuccino.

"Uh-huh..." Drake said through a cloudy head filled with thoughts of the girl.

"Do you know if a man named Janus is on board?"

"Can't say that I do, miss," says the attendant at the Main Desk of the liner, "But I'll make sure to let you know if someone with that name arrives. Just write the name of your room over here." As she finished her sentence, she slipped a humble notebook and pencil to her. After writing her room's number - 412 - and name, Delilah stepped out to the front deck, staring intently at the image of Coumarine fading away.

Where are you, Janus?

~*~

"Yes, but, are you sure he never got into the ship? I mean, maybe he just didn't step over-"

"'Fraid to say this, miss but, I don't think somebody named Janus ever got on board."

"B-But that can't be, he explicitly told me to look for him, that he would board first that," her words began to cut as she felt the sudden need to breathe at a faster pace, eyes watering against her will as she tried to keep her cool. What happened to Janus? Where was he? Did he even board at all? Why would he tell her to look for him if he didn't even board? Was none of what he said true to begin with? Why would Janus - her own brother! - lie to her like this? "He said we would be going on a journey... Together."

~*~

Amongst constant sighing, she began to walk aimlessly amongst the hardwood floors of the luxury liner. She wasn't entirely sure of what she wanted to do, or where she wanted to go. Janus probably would've known the answer to both of her predicaments. She began to randomly scroll across the HTransceiver's Pad, as if she were looking for something, staring only at the sequence of senseless numbers and letters that were displayed at the top of the screen. If he had been on the ship, would her brother have one of these serials, too? And would it be as poorly structured as hers? For some reason, everything she could think of somehow ended related to her brother. She couldn't even think what to eat without pondering if Janus would have something similar.

Stopping her tracks, she was now aimlessly looking around her purse: empty, of course, but it helped her focus a bit better on her conundrums. There was a piece of paper amongst her stuff that caught her eye, as it was different from the random pieces of paper she carried in the sense it had something written in it. Slowly taking the piece of paper out of the purse, she began to unfold it, and promptly began to read whatever message was hastily scribbled onto it.

Hey there, Delilah:

Say, what's it like over at Holon. It must be a good thousand miles away from here. Are you having fun? Have you met any new friends? Sorry for not joining you as promised. I intended to so so, but Valerie and I gave some thought to some things. You looked gorgeous when you left, by the way. Glad you decided to ditch the whole heart-print of the furisode for something more mature.

Her lips gently curled upwards. Janus wasn't a huge fan of her clothing, even less so of the eccentric patterns the Furisode Girls tend to wear. Closing her eyes, and placing her left hand on her lips in a futile attempt to hide a chuckle, she proceeded to continue reading the letter.

I suppose some rather cheesy compliments are in place? Yeah, that sounds nice. You is kind, you is smart, you is important and whatever other nice things you can think off - just remember to type them as poorly as I did! -. I can't help but say I'll definitely miss you. You're my little sis, after all. You've grown to be a beautiful, responsible young lady and I can't help but shed a tear when I think about what your first journey will be like. I'm afraid Valerie's Gym might have become somewhat easier to beat now that you left, hopefully she won't loose many battles while you're gone~

At this point she began to wonder what Valerie might have had to do with this. She was one of the two people who managed to convince her to go - the other one obviously being her brother Janus -. She began to wonder if Valerie convinced Janus to not go along with her, and continued to read further to see if she could get an answer:

Don't worry about the distance. We can always keep in touch with letters, just like the caveman did when Tyrantrum still roamed the land (totally sure that's an actually science-y fact!).

And, well, I know it's hard to you, but, I don't want you to worry about me. Enjoy your stay at this new region. I'll make sure to pay the bills, and maybe I'll save some money to buy you nice things when you return.

Do you know who you are, for sure? What you want to do? What you make to make a living of? You do seem to change your occupation and dreams every couple of years, so I hope you can get a definite answer to these questions while you're abroad.

And I... Have so much more to say, but I don't have any other blank pages left... While I am not with you, be sure I will be, in spirit. You'll make it through, and so I will.

Make sure to keep me updated on whatever it is you do, regardless of how dull or unimportant it might seem. Rumble, Sway, Greet, Meet, and stay Awesome.

You be good, and don't you miss me
-Janus​

A small tear ran down her face, falling to the wooden floor. She sighed once more, this time involuntarily, and not because of her frustration. It seems her brother wanted her to latch out of him, to live life by her own. And, for the first time, that seemed like a good idea to her.

~*~

"Hey, Drake, isn't that your crush over there? She seems pretty distressed. Go comfort her! I'll be right behind you, I have a bill to pay." He said with a grin, and he patted Drake on the back.

Drake didn't know what to think of this man. Insane? Interesting?? PSYCHIC?! EXTRATERRESTRIAL?!!!1... Who the hell was this guy...? "Uhh... I don't... ... Okay..." He stuttered, trying to come up with a valid excuse, but ended up walking up to her.

Nyx obviously had no bill to pay as the coffee had a free label on it and just watched how this would play out. He'd go in if Drake was stuttering or if he needed help, but for now, let it play out.

Drake caught up to her, all in her glorious furoside-iness beauty. She had an expression on her face that just would make everyone sad, and that in itself crushed the boy. "Hey... is something wrong...?" Drake asked the girl, not sure if she was listening.

She folded the letter, and placed it back in the depths of her purse, "Oh, Stud McDouche. Fancy meeting you here," she was now genuinely smiling, creating a hypnotizing gaze in conjunction to her eyes, "I'm fine. Why? Realized Burger Queen is not worth the visit?"

Drake couldn't help but get... wildly attracted to the way her eyes matched her smile... he actually ignored what she called him. "Ah... yeah... Burger Queen is full of people who just don't care about nothing but their disgusting excuse of food..." He stuttered, looking directly into her eyes the entire time. "Your eyes are... marvelous, has anyone told you that?"

"Ah, yes, many times. Not that it ever actually worked," she began to think that maybe she could afford being liked by people, and quickly continued with her reply, "But in any case, who's to say it will always remain that way? Excited for the trip?"

"I am excited for the trip... especially with a lady as charming as yourself accompanying me and my drunken buddy. Hmm?" Drake asked with a smile and a curtsy bow.

Nyx couldn't help but sigh at how wonderfully Drake was screwing over. He was actually impressed by his use of words, albeit she was obviously interested in him one way or another as far as Nyx could see, which wasn't very far when it came to romance. Nyx was about to intervene, but decided better on it.

"Ah yes, Mister Lane... from Lumiose... the city. Are you sure we haven't met before?" Her focus drastically switched as she walked past Drake and stared intently at Nyx, index finger placed at her chin as she pondered many a thought, "I swear I have at least seen you somewhere at work. Have you ever been at 'Restaurant Le Yeah'?"

Drake only stared at Nyx with the most foul, angry expression he could come up with. He stole the attention of a wonderfully attractive woman who Drake happened to be madly attracted to.

Nyx was surprised as her interest suddenly shifted over to him. "Mmmm...Le Yeah, yes I can say I have been there but no exactly on good terms. I used to steal food from there a lot when I was younger." Nyx said with a perplexed expression, "Why do you ask Madam?" Nyx said as he was leaning against a wall.

"Ah!" She exclaimed in sudden realization, "I knew I had seen you before! Stealing, nonetheless!" Her voice was loud enough to drag several stares from around, but she still didn't seem as angry as she suddenly was, "I was a novice chef at Le Yeah. The chef who caught you in fraganti, if I may add. You could have always asked to take the stuff, y'know, stealing isn't precisely a nice thing to do!"

Nyx nods in agreement "It is true, stealing is a bad habit. My friend over here taught me all about it" he said as he tapped Chryseum's Pokeball. "Without this guy I wouldn't be here right now. He also helped me in all my math. Nonetheless, there is still more to learn. And that is where we are going! A region of learning!" He exclaimed and put his hands on both of their shoulders.

"I suppose it's true," Delilah exclaims, suddenly adopting a heroic cliche pose, arms at her waist and her gaze towards the sky, "Advantures await! For us, and our Pokemon!" She took her left fist high into the air as the sunshine glows in perfect unison towards the three of them, "Seriously though," her sudden, perfect, adequate, joint-post finishing sentence is cut to an abrupt end, "I'll kill you if you ever steal from me."​

A Humongous, 4734 Words-Long Joint Post by Chalifoux, TheSnivyMaster, and NyxShooter

h1.jpg
102.jpg
1.jpg
68.jpg
106.jpg
104.jpg

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023

Growlithe_zps7be8f883.gif
MusicNote_zps71bad9a5.png
Charlotte "Charlie" White
Trapinch_zps29f3dc0f.gif

Chapter 02: It's a Whole New World We Live In

When searching for a target, a Tracker often relies on any skills, items, or Pokemon at their disposal. Canine Pokemon, such as Electrike, Poochyena, and their evolved forms, are often the partners of choice in this line of work. With both a heightened sense of smell and hearing when compared to a human, these Pokemon often end up being just what the Tracker needed in finishing a case. Other choices tend to be most Pokemon with the possession of flight. Acting as a "eye in the sky", these helpful creatures can easily scout ahead in an attempt to quickly detect what their Tracker partner is looking for.

However, any available Pokemon can be made use of under most circumstances. Through the use of either their own abilities or known moves, many things are possible.

Charlotte continued to read the book, Signs of a Tracker aloud as she laid in the bed of the small cabin. She had read the book (or at least most of it) several times already and although she remembered much of the information in it, she felt as if she would need to become completely familiar with the tome of text. Tracking was a challenging task, but none of the typical things applied to the situation she was being put in. She was going to an unknown land with little help in an attempt to find and capture the most mysterious to have ever, or never, existed, Mew. It in itself was the ultimate target for any Tracker, those skilled in finding lost, stolen, or even undiscovered items. As far as the girl knew, hundreds of those in her line of work had attempted to look for the mythical beast in the past to no avail. Hell, any number of Trackers could be on the boat as of right now, just waiting for the chance to grab fame and recognition.

She looked down at the two completely different Pokemon that lay at the foot of the cot with a sigh. The chance were high that many people on the ship had the same, if not better, level of skill as she did. Charlie knew she doubted herself a little too much, but at this point, she couldn't help it. Almost every Tracking mission she had completed had involved her parents' help of some kind. Whether it had been direct or not, they had found a way to butt in. She was still a Tracker-in-Training after all. The only problem with this journey was the fact that her parents would be nowhere near. They had urged her to go to the Holon region by herself, acting as if this was the perfect thing to test her skills completely. "If anything," the teen said aloud, albeit rather quietly, "this'll be one of the few tests she'd fail." She was smart after all and though her parents had helped in many of her missions, she knew she could've done it by herself. Well... She thought she could. It always seemed as if she was on parole with them, not that she ever did anything wrong.

Closing the book and setting it beside her, the girl's thoughts couldn't move from her parents. When she has left, she was obviously surprised they weren't coming with her. Sure, this could very well be a test, but what Tracker would pass up finding Mew? She could still remember the stories her mother told to her when she was a small child. Story after story about what Mew did and was capable of doing went through her mind. She couldn't help but think that at least one of them was on this ship. Should I go look for them? Charlie thought. Should I just let them do their own thing? Of course, going out there meant people who would be judging her skills.

"What do you guys think I should do?" She asked the Pokemon near her. Anna didn't even respond after having fallen asleep while she was reading. Sampson on the other hand, was already at the door. "You think so?" She asked the Trapinch. The Pokemon gave a small cry in confirmation. The girl simply shook her head before rousing the Growlithe awake and grabbing her roomkey. Remembering the Htransceiver at the last moment, she grabbed it before looking over the room in a swift double check. Now positive that she had everything needed, Charlie opened the door, only to have the adventurous Sampson run across the deck like a Ponyta out of the stables.

"Sampson!" The girl called in an attempt to stop him, albeit to no avail. Sampson was a good Pokemon, but at the same time, he was still young and seemingly too intrepid. It only took a few moments before the Trapinch was out of sight, despite its trainer's calls. A few of the people in the long hallway had started to laugh at the teen's struggles, while others merely gave her a sympathetic look. One step out the door and the problems begin, she thought. This trip is going to be a long one.

With a sigh, Charlotte walked away from the group of people with Anna right on her heels. "Are you ready to find him?" She asked the Growlithe as they turned the corner. Standing on her tiptoes, she tried to peer over the many people on the boat. She felt as if a Trapinch running amok would cause some sort of commotion in the neverending group of people. Whether the people were tripping over the small Pokemon or each other, she didn't know. "Do you wanna take charge?" She asked the canine Pokemon at her feet. The Growlithe merely responded with a bark and a shake of her head.

She'd flashed a smile at her Pokemon, hoping she'd change her mind. "I'll need your nose," Charlie told her. "Only you could tell the difference between Sampson and all these people." The Pokemon replied with another stubborn bark, most likely due to her own tiredness. "Things would be so much easier if you did that," she groaned. "Just follow me."

As quickly as she could, Charlotte made her way through the crowd with Anna in tow. With how big and crowded the ship was, she couldn't help but think she'd never find the adventurous Pokemon, let alone her parents. And I'm supposed to be finding Mew... "Do you see him anywhere?" She said to her Pokemon.

"See who my dear?" rasped a voice from behind. To say the least, Charlotte had expected a bark.

For a moment, Charlie felt like she had jumped out of her own skin. Hesitantly, the girl turned around slowly to see a elderly woman dressed in a chef's outfit. Exhaling a breath, she tried to give the old woman a smile. Nothing to be afraid of after all, right?

"Oh, sorry ma'am," Charlie said to her, knowing her reaction was a bit rude. "I'm looking for my Trapinch, Sampson." Part of her hated relying on other people for things like this. Her parents had helped her too much at times and well, her lost Trapinch was her own problem."

"Is it about yeigh big?" The woman asked, moving her hands in a circle. The girl nodded. "And orange in color?" The girl gave another nod. The woman chuckled quietly for a moment before pointing up the nearby stairs. Turning around once more, the girl was surprised to see the Pokemon saunter up the steps to the higher deck, seemingly without a care in the world.

"Thank you," the girl said, turning back to the chef with a curtsy.

"No need for that child, go get your Pokemon." The woman smiled at the girl once more before continuing. "Once you get him, be sure to come over to the Golden Cafe. Just ask for Luanna."

Charlotte smiled and nodded at the woman, excusing herself before running towards the stairs. "Anna, go catch up to him!" She told the Growlithe as they climbed the stairs. Luckily, the Pokemon was wide awake now and passed by her trainer in only a few seconds. She watched as the canine ran in front of her, not paying attention as a person turned around the corner. In a matter of seconds, the two of them ended up on the ground.

"Sorry, sorry," she said immediately, standing up as fast as she could. If both of her Pokemon ended up going missing, she'd be without friends or anything useful on this journey of hers. Reaching her hand down, she helped the black-haired boy up and apologized once more before running after her Pokemon. She turned only for a moment to see the teen talking to what appeared to be a Croagunk. Get embarrassed two times today? Check.

Turning a corner, she followed the sound of Anna's barks across the deck. Luckily, the collision hadn't put to much space between her and her Pokemon. Anna slowly came into view, halted at the bottom of another set of stairs. "Good girl," she told the Pokemon once she caught up to the dog. She breathed heavily now, having run what was basically half the ship, but that wouldn't stop her at this point. From the looks of it, the stairs led to one of the ship's small balconies. She had the troublemaker now.

Charlotte climbed up the stairs slowly (making sure to catch her breath) as Anna trotted beside her. Reaching the top rather quickly despite the slow movement, Charlie was surprised to see not one but both her parents petting the small Trapinch.

"You know," her father began, "I'm amazed you found us so quickly. We've only been on this boat for a few hours and yet, here you are."

"This Trapinch of yours is a mighty fine partner," her mother spoke, smiling at their daughter.

The girl was surprised by the praise simply especially since she had been focusing on finding Sampson and not them, not that they really needed to know that. Finding them was really just the bonus. "You guys didn't tell me you were coming on this trip." She told them accusingly. "Were you two following me?"

Her mother laughed at her for a moment. "Did you expect us to let our daughter go on such a dangerous journey without us checking in every now and then?"

"Well, no, but that doesn't really mean you guys would be coming."

"There wouldn't be other ways to get ahold of you," her father replied.

Charlotte nodded. He was right, she only had the Htranceiver to talk to others. If they hadn't come, there would be no way for them to call or message her. "I feel like I'm not the only reason you're going," she told the two. The whole reason she had expected them to be on this boat was because of Mew.

"We can't let our daughter take all the credit," her father told her. "Of course, that doesn't mean we'll be working with you."

"What do you mean?" Not working with me, she thought. Is this a test?

"He means all three of us are going to be competing, sweetie. You're our first priority, but who can pass up a family competition."

"What your mother said," her father continued. "None of us could pass up a chance like this. The ultimate target has three members of the White family from three different angles. There's no way we won't catch Mew." His confidence seemed to exude out of him. They definitely had better chances than some, but Charlie still thought it was too much.

"Do you think we can finish this conversation over dinner?" Asked her mom. "I feel like none of us have eaten all day."

Charlotte giggled slightly. They were 'going against each other' and yet her mother still thought they could eat together. She always seemed to bring the right attitude into these kind of things. "I heard there's a place called the Golden Cafe that's down a few floors."

Years
Somebody to Love: A Journey of Redemption
Riku Graham//S.S. Holos
258.png
143.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

"Now everybody tellin me a lie, lordy give me something for my soul, see I don´t wanna think of suicide, so please don´t take the lock key off my door-"

The snooze button was mashed with vigorous, angry force channeled through a sleepy palm that was retracted back under the covers, cutting off the artist's voice. Shifting and groaning noises came from the bed, until white sheets were thrown off and the figure previously sleeping hauled itself out, one foot at a time, and one centimeter of distance a second until they found themselves in front of the bathroom mirror. The gaping cabinet mirror revealed stately rows of orange pill containers, all full, only one was more than halfway empty. Medicinal pillars to the sky. The same hand that killed the announcer's voice reached out for the half-full bottle and carefully measured out two pills, swallowing and then cupping water from the sink to wash the capsules down with. With the hand came a disgruntled voice that made gagging noises and sighed hugely as the pills settled in the lake of their stomach's acid. The open mirror was closed with a bang, and reflecting glass showed the seventeen-year old face of Riku Graham.

The anti-depressants never really worked in Riku's opinion, but as per his grandfather's wishes he brought them along. He paused, looking around the room as he hefted his bag over his shoulders, feeling like he was forgetting something. Suddenly, he heard a slight splashing from near his shoes and looked down, sighing. Looking back at up at him was a diminutive finned creature, most of its head space taken up by its huge smile filled with innocence. Moist blue skin shining among the half-melted ice cubes that his throne, the ice bucket, contained.

"Skip, there you are." Riku smirked, the baby Mudkip was always one to plaster the slightest smile on the boy's face.

"Come on, our nap should have killed some time."

The sun reflected off of the polished deck wood, there was serenity in the very fibers of reality here. This place was tranquil. Blue overruled in the sky, the absence of clouds gave the azure color a searing tint. The soft smoke cloud rolling out warmed his vision as well as his his mouth. Fingers clasped around the metal cylinder e-cigarette, he stared out at the horizon as he lay back on a tilted back chair, feet up on the hand rail and earbuds filling him with music. His breathing took in the aroma of the fruity apple flavor vapor, slow, tedious inhalations. Skip lay serenely on his lap, napping like always. This was his element, solitude. He had completely forgotten about the hectic lower decks where an over sized gentleman lay unconscious in front of the Burger Queen.

The boat's deck was not an unfamiliar sight to Riku. Indeed, he had been on boats several times before, but other trainers aboard had never been on a boat this fast in their life. An older gentleman for instance walked up to Riku's realm of zen and - despite his old age - hung on the railing of the top balcony as the sea spray flew in his face, enthralled as his heather grey coat whipped up in the air and nearly sliced Riku's face.

"THIS IS THE BEST SHIP RIDE EVER! I'VE NEVER BEEN ON A BOAT THIS FAST! AND GRACEFUL!" Riku sighed and poked one eye open while the other remain shut to make sure the man was an acceptable distance away from him. There was a small silence, and then a 'pfftt' noise resounded briefly, accompanied by a woman's indignant shriek.

"IF I SPIT, IT GOES BACKWARDS!!!!"

Riku, finally exasperated turned his music up and put away the e-cigarette before closing his eyes and drifting off.

His dream world was entirely gray and fractured countless times, like a mirror someone had punched. Cratered unrecognizably. The moon. He was standing on the moon. He could see the world orbiting below, blue and green and brimming with vitality and life. Enshrouded in fog-like wisps of cloud covering, he watched it commence rotation slowly, axis and orb cooperating to make a machine-like whole, forever turning, moving...watching. There was a figure standing in the middle of a scabbed crater, very close by. They too, watched the world rotate slowly, and he felt a kind of kinship with them, whoever they were.

This certainly was a dream, he realized, because their hair was golden brown against the black void that served as space's sky. Tawny and unruly and dead. Very, very dead. The dead were only in dreams. He had dreams like this before, this time, he would be wholly ready to shatter the illusion. He would break his own fantasy, for it hurt too much to be a good thing. She could not be seen, any longer, by the eyes. Her back turned, head over shoulder, slowly, a tar-hindered pivot. Neck, then chin, face, and then eyes. Amber met emerald, gemstones both long deceased in their own pain-inflicted lives. Extinguished now, no fire or even happiness, no slight flag of surrender, or a hint of scarring. Simply empty, like the voided stretch above. She was only seen by the heart, now. He turned and broke eye contact, wandering over to where the reflected light of the sun met the moon and the dark side of the lunar face. Even paces, even steps so as not to divulge his frantic need to get away and break the illusion.

He was now on the dark side of the moon. The second he stepped foot on the shadow the nothingness void of space created, black worms, like insidious parasites, leapt up from the ground and began burrowing into his arms, latching on with horrible teeth and burrowing until they hit his veins, rooting him on the spot. He screamed and forced his neck to turn, to see what had become of the mirage. She was advancing. Each step brought her closer to the blackness that was his domain. He thrashed, hands twisting around to tear the worms out of his veins, but they held fast and the more he tore, the more living worms sprang out of the ground, until he was covered with the disgusting umber things, ribbons wrapped tightly around his ribs and throat, suffocating him of all air….

And with each step she took, the heavier the worms became, and the more they squeezed. A hundred black nooses, wrapped around everything except where they need to be. They were face to face now. The emerald flint was hypnotizing, and almost made him forget the pain, the suffocation. The worms bit into his skin, but he felt only tiny nicks and nips. His limbs were losing blood rapidly, but all he felt was a strange tingling sensation, on the heart.

She spoke deliberately, neither smiling or frowning, only passive and clear. The emerald was her painkiller, "We forgot to say goodbye."

He felt the tears well up at the tone of her voice, so familiar, so comforting, and he almost let them spill down his face. He decided to attempt a smile for her, to show her his realization. Just one upward lip-motion, and he would sink into oblivion, happily. In the next instant, the moon, along with the two of them, swiftly and brutally exploded into a thousand tiny silver fragments borne on the suspension of zero gravity, spiraling as they drifted into the next galaxy and far, far beyond. The moon exploded as it realized he was going to smile. It could no longer allow happiness, even in dreams

They forgot to say goodbye.

The sea breeze splashed in his face, awakening reality. He poked the Mudkip awake, and turned his eyes to the crystalline sun. Did he even deserve happiness?

Last edited:

doge

???
Years
Reyna Marshall - Hoisting the Anchor

For the first time in what were probably the longest months of her life, Reyna could finally breathe a sigh of relief and relax. With a blissful smile she allowed herself to collapse onto the small bed in her just as small lodging. She allowed herself to become fully immersed in the warm, silky sheets, sinking into the giving mattress, things she hadn't had the pleasure of feeling in a long, long time. She was elated to be away from home, which was a first but unfortunately not a surprise.

In those past few months her relationship with her father had taken a dramatic change, a spiraling downfall that had no bottom floor, in which she could no longer stand his newly developed habits. The gambling, the frivolous spending of money they didn't have, and the sheer negligence of his job, the bills, and even Reyna herself. All of these traits, none of which he had or at least shown before, disgusted her and quite frankly broke her heart. Since forever, her father had been her rock, been her mentor and most importantly, been her father. But that was all over, and forever was put to an end, like it never happened in the first place.

Surprisingly enough, she wasn't mad, not at him at least. No, she couldn't get mad at her utter train wreck of a father. He taught her better than that. She was disappointed, sad really. Disappointed that he had forced her hand to the point of, for a short time, becoming the main provider of incoming, working two to three jobs at times. Disappointed she was burdened the chore of keeping their once happy, now dysfunctional two person family from completely smoldering into ashes. Disappointed that even he, her childhood hero had been reduced to nothing but a wasteful, destructive sack of walking meat, rotten meat at that.

Reyna felt blessed to be here, to get away from that house and that life. When she left that house she gave no warning, she didn't even speak to him. In fact hadn't even spoken to him in a whole week. She left as abruptly as he became his own personal version of Mr. Hyde. Of course he probably hadn't even realized anything was amiss yet. That was really the bit that shocked her the most. Just how sudden it was. The last visit she paid him during the school year he had seemed perfectly normal, like his good ole self and now he was this…

But nonetheless, she was here and he was there. No point of wallowing in the past, that's what her father would want anyways right? It was time to hoist that insufferable anchor in and out of her life.

Disrupting the silence, Reyna let out a forced laugh. Her Houndour, who had been sprawled out besides her chewing on the sheets, peeked his head up at the sound of it.

"Come on Rowdy, I don't want to be cooped up in this joint forever, let's go get some air. Enjoy this while we can." Reyna had spoken in such a meek tone that she surprised herself. It was very unlike her to say the least.

As Reyna hopped off her bed and hastily slipped out the door, Rowdy reluctantly gave chase, having grown fond of the taste of fine silk.​

Chalifoux

Years

03 - HOLON MARSHLANDS

Wild Pokemon Battle Theme: Pokemon R/B/Y - Wild Pokemon Battle - BW x GB Remix
VS. Trainer Battle Theme: Pokémon R/B/Y: Trainer Battle (BW2 Remix)

7142589zoomed.jpeg

(TOTALLY not a river, silly)

"Aha-ha! I'm glad you were able to make it! Gather around everybody, it's time for a convenient plot point, err, announcement!"

You don't truly disembark in a proper dock, but rather descend upon a modest, wooden platform that connects with what can only be described as a mixture between a muddy floor, damp air smelling like rocks and lettuce, and... Wooper. Wooper as far as the eye can see, all of them crying in unison, possibly as a manner of welcome, but quite annoyingly nonetheless.

The excited Nikolai urges everyone with erratic hand gestures until everyone reaches a semi-damp clearing amongst the several small bodies of water. While nothing in particular stands out here, there are several small, wooden crates of decent size lying around in a semi-circle. All of them are open, and filled with Potions, Poke Balls and many other Trainer supplies as far as the eye can see.

"Now, on to this brief meeting," The man hastily continues, "I'm glad to see so many people applied, now I'm not good at counting but I bet I'd need lots of hands to determine the exact amount of you guys! This, is your starting point," Mr. Jaywalker turns around, his back in direction to the Trainers, and raises his arms in a dramatic way, "And everything that the light touches...," he faces the Trainers once more, arms back down, "Is not precisely yours, but feel free to roam around aimlessly either way. There's a forest, some mountains, a city and these marshlands, all conveniently connected to one another, so check those out if you want. Try to reach the city first, why dont'cha? You might find it quite nice, kinda cozy, too. Either that, or you could go further than that, to some other settlements, the other side of the region, farms, more woodlands, maybe a few exotic caves and whatever else you can find. Routes aren't much of a thing here, so you're pretty much able to choose how and where you go! ... But do go to the city first, trust me, you'll want to."

After his sudden outburst of seriousness, he turns to the several crates around the clearing, "Oh yeah, those are full of stuff you might like. There are few to none Pokemon Centers around Holon, and don't get me started on the Poke Marts! So, if you somehow thought bringing nothing to store stuff with was a good idea, then you're gonna have a bad time! Make sure to make a nice, organized line until it is your turn to grab stuff, and don't be greedy!"

Without any further ado, he quickly approaches the ship, which heads back as soon as he boards it. Before being lost in sight, he merely exclaims "Nothing is at is seems! Make sure to have fun!"

Once his shade is out of sight, the myriad of Trainers in the clearing begin to murmur to one another:

"Who should go first?"

"The hell is this?! The hell is that?! The hell are you?! The hell am I?! The hell is EVERYTHING?!"

"What are we supposed to do again?"

"Mew is the brown bird-thing from Kanto, right?"

"Urgh, shut up already you stupid Wooper!"

"Are we seriously going to catch that Mew thing on our own? Like, seriously?"

"What does the word "Holon" even mean?"

EDIT: For reference: we boarded the ship at 4pm and arrived to Holon at 7:30. This is all explained because the ship was powered by magic and dreams that will soon break. As you all know there is nothing that can make things go faster than that ~​

==> Gather some supplies. It could be anything from a Potion to a Rare Candy, just make sure to be reasonable about the stuff you take. Whether there truly is a line to get supplies or if everything is a complete mess is up to you to decide~ Explore the marshlands for a bit when that's done, perhaps you could find a new teammate while you do so. You can post as many times as you wish. When you're ready to proceed, make sure to have your character spot some buildings as they reach the end of the area.

03:01 - LAYOUT

Theme Song

Extending far and wide for several miles, this damp environment is, probably, not the nicest place in terms of inhabitability, it is, however, one of the prettiest sights of the entire region. It's muddy, cold and smells funky. Not many Pokemon inhabit this place and, granted, they're not particularly "strong" by anybody's criteria (except maybe Totodile, but they're not particularly "common"). The selection is quite neat, nonetheless, and these marshlands are definitely worth taking the risk of exploring it in their dampness and muddy feel. Just wear decent footwear and clothes than don't catch a lot of the marshiness. Be wary of the fact that your clothes might be sticky after the trip!~

Other than the marshy layout, one can, on occasion, find rocks randomly lying about, increasing in number as the area extends to the west. To the east one might find a tree or two before encountering the nearby forest. Nothing in particular lies to the North, other than a slightly polluted air. If you're having trouble breathing, then you know you're close to Holon City.

Average Time to Traverse (From one North to South): 45 minutes.

To the North: Holon City (45 min)
To the East: Mirage Forest (37 min)
To the West: Oblivion Cavern (52 min)​

((For the plot's sake, I require that you, as of now, head straight for Holon City, but once that's done you shall be able to explore as you please for a bit))​

AVAILABLE POKEMON

71.jpg
67.jpg
66.jpg
65.jpg
61.jpg
67.jpg

Make sure to end your post hinting that an encounter is about to occur, and TheSnivymaster will determine which Pokemon you'll find, randomly, and based on ratios for both rarity and types. All Pokemon are found at levels 2 to 5~ Also, you don't get to know the Pokemon's types until you encounter them :3

04 - ONE-TIME EVENT: "SHUT UP!"

Recommendations: I'd personally recommend if you handled this event in a Joint Post between the three people involved ~

EDIT: Even more edits for reference! You don't have to wait on the GMs to post with stuff about the Pokemon involved in events, unless otherwise specified. If the Pokemon have their moves, ability and the like provided already, then you're free to conduct the event at your own leisure!~​

The beauty and calm feeling of the marsh soon finds itself interrupted, not by more overwhelming beauty, but by a sound that could be the combination of bombs exploding and nails on a chalkboard. Not a terrorist attack, of course, it's just the "melodious", ear-torturing, internal bleed-producing sound of the local Tympole-Wooper Choir. This crew of two cute little Tympole and two... Wooper, all devote themselves to deliver an excellent but strident rendition of what is probably an Adagio in G Minor or - most likely - just the sound of someone choking over and over again. The leader of the group is none other than a Palpitoad, who is quite proud of the performances its underlings are able to perform.

You, however, are just bleeding your ears out more and more. This event applies for three players, and who gets it is something that will have to be politely decided in the OOC Thread. The respective characters will take matters on their hands and approach the choir, which, regardless of how kind they can be, how cautious or even downright mad they are, will trigger a series of battles. Two doubles, one single. Each character engages in one encounter, and they all give some nice compensation after being completed. The opponents will be Tympole and Wooper, Wooper and Tympole and Palpitoad, as shown on the pictures below.

PokemonFireRed_zpsafc8bea2.png
PokemonFireRed_zpseef3277d.png
PokemonFireRed_zpsd96d24bd.png

All Pokemon except Palpitoad can be caught (and this shall be the only instance to catch a Tympole, which you can do even if the other Pokemon still stands, because we won't follow game mechanics like that, too mainstream). Palpitoad will certainly buff up whomever faces him quite nicely. the movesets and other tidbits of the Pokemon will be displayed when you hover over the rather derpy TCG art below:

21.jpg
24.jpg
35.jpg

Last edited:
Years

pss_zps17a116f9.png
Riku Graham

Somebody to Love: Home is Behind Us Now

258.png
143.png

Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

There were a few rookie trainers in the flocking crowd surrounding Riku, some looking to have even less experience than him, pushing and shoving their way to the front of the massive crowd that seemed to pour off the boat and engulf the land like a tidal wave. He was surprised the dinky wooden platform, he refused to believe any sane person would dub that an actual dock, was able to support everyone's weight as they frantically made their way to a man who's beard was reminiscent of santa clause. The boy opted to not fight the crowd and rather let the momentum carry him, as if floating on a wave gently to shore. The crowd finally stopped moving and he was pleasantly surprised to see that he was close to the front, at least enough to see the man of average height frantically flapping his arms gesturing for the crowd to inch his way. It wasn't until this point that he saw the world before him inch higher and higher. He looked down to notice his feet sinking into the mud underneath his feet. The unforgiving cold air wrapped around his body as he took note of his damp surroundings, this was no beach but rather some kind of marshland.

"I'm glad to see so many people applied, now I'm not good at counting but I bet I'd need lots of hands-"

"Vanilla...or chocolate chip. Vanilla." Riku thoughtfully spoke in a hushed tone as he decided what flavor to smoke, hoping the vapor would be enough to grant him some more than needed personal space. 'What's he blabbering about? Mew?' He thought to himself as he exhaled the sweet aroma filled smoke cloud, successfully creating some arm space. Snickering to himself, he was able to at least grab some kind of look at the other trainers around him. He spotted a couple familiar faces from the boat: the man who was knocked out near Burger Queen, now bearing a larger than life bandage across the cheek, and the girl chasing after her Tranpinch. Exhaling again, he looked up at the man speaking and figured he should at least listen to some of his speech.

"... But do go to the city first, trust me, you'll want to. Oh yeah, those are full of stuff you might like." The man motioned over to a group of crates Riku had not noticed before, probably because of the man's over sized hat in the way. "Make sure to make a nice, organized line until it is your turn to grab stuff, and don't be greedy!" The man finished before darting off to the boat and bidding farewell to the group of trainers. Almost immediately the entire crowd burst forth with noise, he heard a few stupid murmurings that only succeeded in agitating him. The man mentioned the city, which if he did not mishear was somewhere north. Unknown to the concentrated trainer, a young boy, a few years younger than he, crept up behind him, his bare legs bearing scratches as his tennis shoes dug into the mud. He turned his baseball cap around so his bangs poked out from the hole in the banck, his white shirt dirty with grass stains. He then raised his arms, his fingers outstretched and his palms flat, before reaching and grabbing the trainers' shoulders, shaking him while yelling, "I LIKE SHORTS!"

"The fu-" Riku held his breathe and turned to see this young boy with a wide grin and large enthusiastic eyes. The boy proceeded to unclip the lone Pokeball on his waist and shove it in Riku's face,

"Wanna take a look at my Rattata?!" The boy yelled. Riku pushed the Pokeball aside and simply walked away, he wasn't getting involved with any crazy people. Riku walked over to the crates where a few trainers had already grabbed their share of items. He decided to start off with some pokeballs and walked over to the crate overflowing with the red and white capsules.

"Thank you." A young girl with a wide brimmed white hat snuck by Riku and dug her hands into the crate. The boy sighed,

"After you, your highness." His sarcasm was not heard by the girl, maybe for the better. There were several crates, one full of pokeballs, another full of potions and others full of different items. Since the girl with the large hat took up the crate witht he pokeballs, Riku took the opportunity to stock up on just a couple of Antidotes. "Wouldn't want you to get poisoned Skip, that wouldn't be a good look" Riku smirked down at Skip who was happily relaxing in his premierball, the heavyball clipped next to him flailed about. "Yeah, yeah. You neither." Riku chuckled at the Snorlax who smiled after the matter. After rummaging through each crate he walked away with five antidotes, potions, and pokeballs. One last look around at all the trainers idly standing around was enough to send Riku walking off into the marshlands to begin his journey.

He glared at the lowering sun. It spread a blanket of hazy afternoon light over the simple marshland. The sky turned from a watery blue sea to a deep azure field that lofty clouds took to skittering across. He glared at the sun. It moved too fast. The day had flown by, and all his anxious waiting had seemed to just spur it on further. Damn. What was he waiting for? People? No.

"Laaaaaax." The snorlax inched one shoulder off the cold, muddy ground he was laying on to scratch his belly, forgetting his trainer had been resting on said body part. Riku was knocked off and fell backwards into the muddy landscape.

"MEECH!" Riku roared out, the Snorlax had a tendancy to forget things that are not of utmost importnce. Riku, obviously, was not high on Meech's priority list. The monster of a normal type stood upright and yawned, a roar so loud it shook the trees miles away. "There? Feeling better, let's keep heading north. We've been walking for a solid twenty minutes so we should be half way there by now if I'm not mistaken." Riku hopped onto Meech's extended hand as the beheamoth carefully placed his trainer on on his shoulders. Riku sighed as he exhaled the same flavor as earlier, the scents seemed to keep Meech awake long enough to be able to walk over the marshlands to save Riku the tough leg work through the mud.

"WOOOOOOOO!"

"WOOOOOOPP!"

"WOO!"

"WOOOOPER!"

There they were again, straight from satan's choir. The woopers were all around the marshlands, and plagued any travelers that were unfortunate to walk by. Fortunately for him, the woopers sounded far off and wouldn't pose too much of a threat. They actually reminded him a bit of those days when he would sing in the school choir, and the other kids would throw water bottles at him. What did he ever do to humanity? Why did they hate him? The ever present shrieks of Woopers didn't allow the trainer to get too deep into thought. "Arceus help us." As if on cue Meech fell face first into the ground, luckily Riku held on long enough to bounce safely on the Snorlax's back. "Meech, did you fall asleep!" The Snorlx poked his head up to dispel the boy's suspicions. Both pokemon and trainer hefted themselves up and looked down into the marshland grass, a small object seemed to dart between bushes as the rustled closer and closer to the pair.

"Meech, you were tripped. And now you're pretty face is full of mud," The boy looked up at the Snorlax who smirked back down, "Ready for revenge?"

Used CSS from the joint post because the joint post looked dope as haaiiilll *o*​

Years

NyxLane_zps4ed3dc2d.png
Nyx Lane,
DrakeCallibur2_zpsf8fa00c1.png
Drake Callibur, &
DelilahForth2_zps6421b108.png
Delilah Forth

The Chronicles of Holon: The Scientist, The Hipster, and the Wardrobe Broken-Hearted Diva! [PART II]

Nyx Lane - Inventory;

ALMANAC Progress:
0% | 3/721 | 0%

The sun was setting down on the far horizon, Nyx was in his comfortable bed trying to achieve sleep and refused to get up. He lied down for another 3 minutes and then got up with a jolt. He looked out the window and he barely managed to see an island off in the very far distance with his binoculars. Nyx realized he was half-naked, donned his Labcoat, and put on his slightly long shorts.

Nyx was out on the deck with only a few other people, the rest were sleeping easy or engaging in the same predicament as him. He was searching for Drake and Delilah as they couldn't afford being asleep already. No excuses, they were getting so close to the island, albeit quite late, and they needed to be up. He went to the front of the deck first and took out his binoculars and viewed the west coast of the island, he was gazing at a towering mountain. Nyx was so excited, who knows what kind of mysteries they will encounter! Its a completely new region, and less than half of it was only charted. Nyx felt honored to be the first propper, well-equipped scholar to go onto the region of Holon.

Nyx went back to his room, playing with the H-Transciever. He sees the Contacts section and browses aimlessley. He doesn't have the amount of contacts as he did on his X-Transciever, but that would change. Nyx would get acquainted with everyone who was going on the trip. He saw Drake Callibur in his contacts, but Delilah was yet to be added.

He saw the Almanac and could interpret that it was some form of Pokedex. He withdrew Chryseum and Havok from their Pokeballs, and boy were they excited. Getting crammed in their Pokeballs for so long, they were building up so much energy.

He started fiddling with the H-Transciever device he had in his ear. He pulled up a small little GUI, or a Graphical User Interface. He scrolled down and up and left and right, meandering along the Menu. Eventually he found the 'Almanac' section. He found that there were a flurry of large, flying question marks. He looked at his two pokemon with the device, and a small little blue ray appeared moving over the Pokemon.

It scanned both of his Pokemon. He grinned as he saw a little Gold Star when Sabeleye's picture popped up on his H-Transciever.

Sableye: The Darkness Pokemon

Sableye is a bipedal violet Pokemon species, identified as the Darkness Pokemon due to its love of dark areas, and because it can camoflauge within shadows. In many Pokemon Tribes it is rumored that staring into a Sableye's eyes will make your soul dissipate.​

Nyx also scanned Havok, and he didn't see a gold star. The gold star must've been an indicator for the Lucidum gene of Havok's.

Scraggy: The Shedding Pokemon

Scraggy is a bipedal reptilian-like Pokemon. Identified as the Shedding Pokemon as it sheds its own skin, to keep its body in constant fit perfection. It is said that a Scraggy with the most damaging headbutt would be the leader of its group, if it pertained to any group.​

Nyx was happy with the results he got, as they were quite accurate. He let the Pokemon empty out their energy so they dont go overboard on the island. The entire room was a mess, but he didn't have any tip to offer the cleaning lady. Instead he wrote a mediocore joke.

"I realize that what you see here is quite Onix-ceptable. Sorry."

He chuckled to himself as he left the room, and dusted off his labcoat. He head back up to the deck, thinking about the island adventure he was about to partake on with his two new-found friends. He took out the small note Sycamore gave him when he went to Slateport City.

Don't die, we have research to do." - A.S.

Nyx never really tried to hide his distaste for the science team that went there. He heard rumors, whispers elsewhere, that this expedition team is what caused a large scale pokemon mutation that was only recently uncovered. He wasn't sure whether it was true or not, it sounded farfetched to say the least, yet not entirely out of the question. Improbable, but not impossible. He was truly excited for this island expedition he was going on. Slightly afraid of what he might find, but man-kind wouldn't learn anything if they don't step into the great unknown.

Nyx could've spent hours thinking about the island, but if he did he would eventually lose his cool. Nyx didn't only sign up for catching the Mirage Pokemon, which was highly improbable, Nyx wanted to be the first scientist to analyze the whole island, and of course, he couldn't do it alone. As he was walking to Room 137, he started rapping his knuckle on the door, awaiting a response.

A loud thump echoed in the room, waking Drake up with a jolt. Upon awakening, he realized that he was the cause of said thump, apparently falling off the side of the bed, covers and everything. However, it did explain why his arm hurt so suddenly...

Drake looked around to find his clothes. It also seemed that Sven was nowhere to be found, so his first impulse was to check his Poke Ball. He was in there, sleeping soundly like Drake had been.

Up until that point, at least.

Drake found the clothes he was wearing earlier: a gray T-Shirt, plain and stuff, the red fanny-pack that he wears on his hip, because he's a HIP-ster... Get it? Ehh? ... Anyway, he also found the black jeans he was wearing yesterday, not even dirty at all, so he decided to put them on, along with the rest of his clothing.

The one thing he couldn't find, though, was his hat... ... Where was it? The only place he could have put it was-

Rap rap rap!

The male was startled by the sudden knock on his door. Who could it be at this ungodly hour in the night?! Still, he wanted to know, so he opened the door to find... none other than his friend, Nyx.

"Why are you here at... 7:30 PM?" he asked the older male as he rubbed his eyes, as he was still tired...

"WHY?!" He said getting all up in Drakes face. "Because we are about to land on the island... And I might as well wake you up from now, because we have supplies to get to ensure your 'alive' status does not abruptly change to 'dead'! I have a promise to myself that people in my company must keep their alive status at all times!" He said with a hearty grin and he grabs the teen by his collar "Tally-ho good friend! Lets move!" He said as he pushed him towards the nearest PokeMart.

"Wait! My hat! Stop pulling my damn collar!" The teenager yelped as his door was... still open as he was being dragged away from his room.

His scientist buddy, being the great guy he his, went inside, took the key, and closed the door. He put the key on his keychain, and continued to drag the teen along, hiding the key in his breast pocket as he kept mandandling Drake all over the place.

"But... Sven and Melodiam are in there! Get off me!" He screamed as the thought of going anywhere without Sven scared the crap out of him. Especially considering that Sven was his best friend, ever since they were born!

"Dont worry my good friend, no need to throw a tantrum in a ship" He said as he clipped the two PokeBalls onto Drake's belt. "I told you, Scientists always think things ahead. Now let's go get you some life insurance, medical insurance, Meowth insurance, insurance insurance and whatever else we can insure you for, " He said, letting go of Drake seeing if he actually wanted to go. He wouldn't wait for the young man's response, and instead started to walk in search of any sort of store with Trainer goods, not looking back to see if he was following.

"Uh... okay...?" The young man said as he shuffled his hair around, hoping to find the black beanie he loved eventually, while walking with the odd-scientist man.

"So how do you plan on supplying yourself? This Island will be full of unknown dangers, so I recommend trashing your whole wallet. You won't need money on a deserted island, anyway." He said, laughing at his own empty wallet somewhere in a trashcan.

"Oh? I was planning on buying that lovely woman we met yesterday something nice..." the younger male said, now starting to think about romance way earlier than he should have.

"Well, that would work, you could most definetly do that. However, it would most likely result in your survival chances plumetting, also I don't think she has much interest in men at the moment. If I were you, I'd try to bark up another tree. A tad bit less... colorful one, if possible." Nyx responded, with a smile. A smile about an uneasy subject. Seriously, who smiles while talking about death and despair?

The younger male did think about his survival chances. He wanted to live, sure, he hasn't done all of what life has to offer just yet. But still... he couldn't stop thinking about the Furisode girl. Why she was stuck in his head, he didn't know. But he was determined to make sure that her survival chances were at maximum.

"Nah, I'd rather use up half of my supplies for her. I mean, she's human too, right?" Drake told the older man, streaking his own hair with his left hand.

Nyx considered what the younger man was saying. "You have a good grasp on selflessness. If you want to buy her stuff, go ahead. Its not cheap, however." He said with a merry smile. "But don't worry, as long as you watch your step, and not act rash, you're going to be fine. It's important to act calm and collected in such situations. So don't act strong-headed, try to think situations through." He said, with a slightly more serious tone.

"Sure... whatever floats your boat." Drake commented, flipping his unruly hair, hoping more than anything to find his beanie soon.

The older man chuckled, and with a happy tone said "If I were you I think living would 'float my boat'. You're young, you have a lot to live for" he said as he patted the younger man's back. The only response he got was a groan from said man.

As the sweet afternoon breeze blew by, Delilah Forth was reclining herself against the deck on the back of the ship. Regardless on the hour, and the tight sleep schedule she adopted along the lifestyle of a Furisode girl, she just couldn't bring herself to lay down in bed, close her eyes, and even less so achieve REM sleep. All she could think of was a cluster of what to do, what to say, where to go, and, above all, what Janus would think about her every move. It wasn't a very pleasant sequence of thoughts, but it was the only thing she could focus on as she stared at the dark sea water and the sun setting behind the horizon.

She could just head back to her room and, at least, think to herself in her own private space, but there wasn't a lot of people around. Most of them should be trying to sleep as of now, as there truly wasn't much to do on board. Instead, her numb limbs stopped her from down anything but slowly sliding her body until she was at ground level, with yet another sigh letting loose from her inside. She decided she might as well just hang out with Dru and Min, just to pass the time before being required to disembark.

In between a fluster of sparkles and annoyingly big pink hearts came the shape of her Druddigon, appropiately nicknamed 'Dru'. The dragon type let a cheerful cry out with a gleeful expression as it stretched itself out, the gentle breeze waving the 'wings' annexed to its back. As it cried in joy Delilah began looking for Min's Pokeball, finding it amidst the things of her purse with slight difficulty. As she readied the capsule device to bring out Minccino, she noticed it just... popped open in a very anti-climatic way, empty, at best.

"Huh," she said in surprise, "I suppose she just... evaporated?" She was truly in awe, in spite of her expression remaining as equally blank as it did a moment ago. Min wasn't the kind of Pokemon who would just be 'outside' her Pokeball, for no reason whatsoever. Directing her gaze to Dru, she then proceeded, "I don't suppose you'd know where our little princess left?"

Druddigon merely limited himself to pronounce a confused 'Dru' while tilting his head sideways, in a clearly confused manner.

"Shame," she proceeded with another sigh, "Then I guess we need to look for her, hang on," she got up in a lazy enough way to need excessive stretching for her limbs, which were quick to fall asleep as she was lying on the hardwood floors of the luxury liner, "There we go, let us go now." She finally added as Druddigon began to happily skip behind her as she now took careful steps around the deck in search of Min.

"Well, we should try to find a PokeMart, because I didn't see any on the ship..." Drake told the older male, as he stepped around the ship, looking for not only a PokeMart, but his missing beanie hat as well. Maybe he dropped it earlier? It's quite a mystery, the search of the old gray beanie. It even sounded obnoxious in Drake's head.

"I think you're quite right my young friend." He said with an expression which was neither happy nor serious. He dusted his labcoat and took out the pen in his breast pocket. He fiddled with the pen to take his mind off things. "Where might you think our other compadré is?" He said, looking at Drake, expecting a worried expression. All he could see was the boy just adjusting his hair, perhaps used to his hat which he carried around. Almost like when Nyx lost his labcoat. He could never loose this labcoat, it was the first figment of responsibility he was entitled with.

Now Drake was on his knees, apparently all attention from the PokeMart was gone, and now he was focused on his beanie. "Eh? The girl? Not sure. Uh-huh," he said, not even caring what the older fellow said anymore.

"I'm just saying," spoke a female voice coming from behind, it was Delilah's, who was seemingly in the middle of a heated discussion with... Druddigon, "You can't just say 'Dru' every single time you speak, it beats the purpose of your nickname!"

"Dru-Dru!" Exclaimed the Dragon-type in a reply delivered with as much heat as the conversation seemed to intensify.

"Oh, don't you 'Dru-Dru' me, young 'Mon! I am expecting a decent explanation for this right-"

"Ahem, I hate to break up the... erm, 'Dru' conversation, but hello, my lovely!" Drake said with beaming eyes, before he remembered what he was looking for. "Now, help me find my beanie. I can't even find it."

"Beanie?" She replied in confusion, "I don't even know your name mister, and you want me to help you find a piece of your clothing? This is all happening so fast!"

Drake was actually surprised at the obvious fact that he didn't even give out his name to this charming young woman. He always does that. Like, ALWAYS. "Ahem, my apologies, but my name is Drake. Drake Callibur, if you must." He replied with a curtsy bow.

"Callibur? Like the famous Trainer, without the famous part?" She hastily replied as she put two & and a less popular two together, "That's neat. But, anyways, I don't believe I could be of much use finding the so-coveted beanie. I'm on an errand of my own too, as it just so happens. You see, my Minccino has recently gone-"

"Min-Ci-Nooooooooooooo!" Cries a high-pitched Poke-voice as a gray lump of long ears and swaying tail darts across the deck, rushing past Delilah with a swift jump, unveiling at the same time a beanie hat adorning its left ear, barely hanging to the Normal-type as it runs past the three Trainers as Delilah stares back at Drake in utter confusion, the facial expressions of the two speaking for them:

- Was that the...
- Yup

Within matter of seconds, the figure of Delilah's Minccino fades away from their sight, "I suppose we should go get the two back?" she asks in spite of already knowing the answer.

But Drake was already gone, his figure running after the Mincinno the only thing telling Delilah where he went.

"So..." Delilah proceeded, seeing how Drake took no time in fading away as well, her gaze and attention now directed to Nyx, who has kept to himself for some reason, "I don't suppose we can communicate in some way?"

Setting the hands-free device neatly on her right ear, she took off the accompanying pad from her purse and quickly touch-screened her way to the contacts list and, subsequently, clicked on Nyx's name. After a nice pair of ringing sounds, the voice of the male scholar sounded across the device.

"Say Mr. Lane, I don't suppose you know something about the Minccino species?"

"I do in fact know a sufficient amount of info on the Minccino race. They are, in my opinion, the most interesting race of Pokemon. If Man-kind can somehow harness how to get those furry tails on a woman's body, the world would be a better place..." He said as he gazed of into the distance.

"I... All right." She simply added as she clicked on a big "END CALL" button displayed now on the pad's screen. Almost immediately, she now started a conversation with Drake. Given how both were behind the same thing or, at least, two things that were fairly close to one another, they could use each other's help while surveying the decks.

"Callibur," she started in her same-old fashion of rarely calling people by their first name, "Any news?"

"Hah... hah..." he replied, as he lost the gray-mouse-thing a while back. "No, I lost the darn thing. I can't even catch up to it..."

"I see," she replied with yet another sigh, this time back to being frustrated, "I just don't understand how Min can be so... herself. She seemed perfectly fine back at Laverre with my brother... Any ideas as to where to look?"

"I think I saw it running towards the direction of that blasted Burger Queen before I lost it."

"The darn thing," Delilah continued in utter frustration, "Of course it has to run to the least healthy stablishment of the liner when she's hungry. Why not Golden Cafe, I wonder, they say it's a really nice place but no, she has to go to Burger Queen, right?" She makes a stop, realizing how she had suddenly begun to vent out across the HTransceiver, "Err... Anyways, as much as I don't like the place, let's meet up in front of the thing and take a peek, okay?"

Drake chuckled in response, and simply said "You got it, my dear," And before she could remark about what he called her (again), he hung up.

"For the last time, I do not want to buy anything here. I don't want to repeat this whole scene again, so please, let us pass already."

"Nah, miss. Ye' ain't gon' get past me til' I get my burger, ye greedy princess, ye."

It was pointless, really. This man (whose nickname was probably Ironwall, given the current situation) just wouldn't stand aside, not even after being knocked out already and making a fool of himself. He was the real-life equivalent of a pointless video-game obstacle, like a physical invulnerable tree of sorts on the route next to your hometown, or a sleeping giant of green and white blocking a mountain pass next to an ordinary city known for its gambling addicts and flower aficionados. She couldn't understand it, those kinds of things just wouldn't show up in the real world, right?

"Excuse me, I got this," Drake told the lovely Furisode girl, who was obviously really annoyed at this man, to which Drake was too, "Ya know, I'd be happy to give you a sandwich to eat, good sir." He told the man, before smacking a good right hook across the jaw, utilizing Nyx's tactic (which was the second time that happened to him, poor Ironwall). "I've been told knuckle-sandwiches are better than freaking Burger Queen specials."

As if by magic the colossal man fell to the ground once more. Because, apparently, he had no physical bulk and was exceedingly lightweight, thus giving him zero protection against contact of any sort, even a scrawny sixteen year old, or a scientist. Chances were Delilah could have brought him down herself by huffing at him.

"Man, either I have fists of steel, or this guy's a pushover. Now, let's find your-"

"Wait a minute," Delilah said, fingers pointing at Min, who was comfortably sitting next to a man that had fallen asleep in front of his order. By 'sitting', one should understand the Minccino was literally having a feast of the sleeping man's meal, "GET BACK HERE IN THIS INSTANT BEFORE I WIPE THE FLOOR WITH YOU, YOU ARCEUS-DAMNED EXCUSE FOR A POKEMON!" She spaztically exclaimed in an ungodly voice tone that would make the quiet and peaceful Valerie herself shed a few tears.

Upon hearing her voice, Minccino came to a full stop, and Delilah herself proceeded to place one of her hands over her mouth, just now realizing how, apparently, she was still venting out, and quite violently at that, "Oh, I uh... I mean... Come back here, please." Drake only stared at her, with surprised eyes.

Not willing to explore how louder her voice could get, Min immediately skipped back all the way to Delilah's heels, "There we go."

"Arceus, can your voice get any louder than THAT...?" Drake sighed to himself, as he was surprised how a seemly calm girl could scream such frustration. "Apparently the type of woman who's claws come out when she's angry... I'll keep note of that."

"What did you just say, Mister?"

"We at the S.S. Holos would like to inform you that we have arrived at the Holon Marshlands. Please remember to take any and all belongings with you as you disembark. Mr. Jaywalker himself wishes you to have an excellent time!

"So we're here," Delilah calmly states as the three Trainers stare from the highest deck at the masses gathering to disembark the liner, her elbows gently laying to a safety rail disposed in front of them. A modest wodden platform being everything they could step on, "I never expected so many people to come to this place."

Nyx looked down at the abundance of people, shoving their way off the boat like mindless animals "No...neither did I. This might lead to some complications, some of these people seem strongly aggressive on contact. Maybe It'd be best if we stay near people we can trust..." Nyx said as he looked wide-eyed at the hundred upon thousands of people, flooding out the boat. He looked up at the island, it seems they landed on some marsh-area. He saw many different Pokemon scattered around the swamp, mostly amphibian and reptilian Pokemon.

Drake, tending his recent wounds, product of a certain Furisode Girl's surprising mood change, and simply said "It's quite interesting, I'd love to get off this ship... Preferably after all those people are off it too..."

"Oh, most certainly. I'd hate to run into any more Burger Queen aficionados on our way down," She says as she looks down to the wooden floor, where Min has happily staring back like nothing had even occurred. Next to her Dru was exhibiting a wide smile. Delilah was just hoping they could get off the ship already.

"I agree, most of these people seem to have come for fame for catching Mew. I think that says alot about someone... So, why did you join this expedition in the first place Ms. Delilah?" Nyx said inquisitively.

"Let's just say I wasn't entirely in agreement with this journey. By which I, of course, mean I didn't even want to go. Stuff and stuff. I was supposed to come with my brother and he backed out because apparently I deserve some character development." She hastily replied, chuckling at the end as her dialogue was accompanied with multiple hand gestures.

Nyx realized it was a slightly touchy subject by her tone of voice. He immediately changed the subject of the conversation to Drake "So Drake, why did you decide to join on the expedition to Holon?" he said with a puzzled glance.

"I don't exactly know myself, Nyx. My father, as you know, is one of the most famous trainers in the world. His son, however, can barely fill the gap left by his impending shadow. Compare a runt with a mountain, perhaps." He said with a sigh and a flip of his hair, remembering how many times his father left him in the dust when it came to battling.

"And what about you, Mr. Lane?" Delilah proceeded to ask in genuine curiosity.

"Hmmm. A mystery really. For the both of us, I have no substantial evidence as to why I joined either. I mainly came for the research, however I think that I might discover another part of myself which I didn't know about previously. I always wonder if I'm researching the wrong race. Perhaps Humans is what I should research... " Nyx said, obviously thinking very deep into the matter. He didn't want to share everything. It wasn't a lie, just not the entire truth.

"I'd say we all might find something new about us on this region," she added, "It seems there aren't much people left on board. What say you if we dissembark now?"

Shortly after they were all recieved by the interesting Nikolai Jaywalker himself, who directed them to a mashy clearing of the wet and smelly marshlands they were at. While his speech went on - rather quickly at that -, Delilah thought the man was quite amusing to say the least. Drake just thought that he should just shut the hell up and let them explore. Meanwhile, Nyx found him like the founding father of the BurgerQueen, but slightly more ignorant. The amusing old man was covering many subjects important for their survival within matter of seconds. Cities, dungeons, supplies, you name it. He was done just as soon as he began, and now everyone was trying to process his words of knowledge, pondering what to do as he waved one last message.

"Not everything is as it seems! Have fun!"

Shortly after, the three took a modest amount of supplies - 3 Potions, 1 Escape Rope, and 5 Pokeballs each - as they casually sifted thru the crowds before they could create a messy gathering. In-between the many voices, and once they had gotten their stuff, Delilah had turned to both Drake and Nyx, with whom she had stayed together as they had dissembarked, "Say guys, why don't we have a nice little race to see who reaches the city first? I mean it's fair game now so we might as well split and learn to venture on our own."

"B-but..." Drake stuttered, as Nyx's earlier statements about death and stuff scared the living crap out of him. Especially thinking that Delilah would be all alone... "I'm not leaving your side! I won't!

"Now that's cute. But it's not a question," Delilah firmly replied, "This place could be dangerous, just as much as it could be safe. Either we go together and rely unnaturally on our conglomerate of strength or we face the reality that we might not always be together, and thus become stronger on our own account. I expect you to arrive before I do, too. That could be a nice first step in stepping out of father Callibur's shadow."

By the time Delilah had finished talking, one might glance closely at the forest and see a man with a fancy labcoat and black boots run by them. Nyx still loved sprinting as much as he did in the Lumiose Alleys. "PEACE GUYS!" he yelled behind him, at his newfound friends. Friends, but he wasn't going to let friends hold back his research. Still friends though, really close friends too.

Yet Drake stood firm with his opinion, too. "I won't leave your side, Delilah. I'm not changing my mind."

"Fine, serve yourself. I'm not responsible of what happens to you."

"Good. Because I'm not worried about my well-being."

While Nyx was running through the large forests and marshlands, he saw a wide variety of Wooper. He stopped for a second, and analyzed them with the 'ALMANAC' and updated his progress. He continued running along. He was thinking about how his friends were fairing through the perils of the Island. He was a little wreckless where he stepped, slightly disturbing some Wooper in the area. He stepped in some marsh water and he saw ripples in the water as some wild Pokemon overcame him.

"So... Delilah. What exactly is your brother like?" Drake asked as they stomped about in the marsh, quite annoyed at how dirt and mush were sticking to his shoes.

"An interesting fellow, actually," She said as she tried to pull the bottom of her Furisode, in a futile attempt of preventing it from getting any muddier and dirtier than it got, "Always supportive, although what he did was law most of the time. Wherever he went, I followed. Whatever he said I nooded in agreement. I didn't mind it, tho," She stopped as she was almost about to trip, her Furisode now diriter than ever before, "And I absolutely regret thinking wearing this thing was a good idea."

"Well, I do agree that it wasn't wise to wear it while hiking... but it looks pretty on you..." The male said while drifting off into his own thoughts, seemingly thinking about whatever he was thinking about.

"That really doesn't work when it's as dirty as it is right now," she let go of a sigh, "And besides-" her movement and speech are cut short, as she notices something moving along the bodies of water. At the same time, a lump walking around the marshy ground draws near with decent speed. Taking out a Pokeball from her purse with quick haste, she held the capsule as Min showed up within a cluster of light, "Don't you even think about it."

As if on cue, a pair of figures darted out from the ground and water, taking Delilah by surprise as they tried to reach her from behind.

"Delilah, watch out!" Drake screamed as he grabbed Sven's Pokeball, releasing the Snivy, ready at moment's notice to attack.

Noticing the two lumps coming from behind, and Drake's lousy warning, Delilah turned around, Min quickly jumping into action - a trail of water enveloping its tail - and stopping both lumps on their tracks, although barely inflicting damage - if at all. As both creatures fell to the ground, Drake stood next to Delilah, waiting for the pair of Pokemon to move again.

Another 4000+ Words-Long Joint Post by Chalifoux, TheSnivyMaster, and NyxShooter

h1.jpg
102.jpg
1.jpg
68.jpg
106.jpg
104_zpsc430f790.jpg

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
((Tiny note: Some backsprites didn't get finished or weren't inserted to the ROM base Josh uses to generate his encounters before his leaving, as seen in THIS ONE POST. The encounters he made for Dirk, Riku, Dess and Dirk will have Red or Leaf as their backsprite for the time being, but the issue should be addressed within 7 days or so when he has returned. Apologies for any inconveniences this might cause :C))

Dun dun! Duduru duru duru duru duru duruh!

DUN DUN DUN! DURURURURURURUN!
DUUUUU RUN RUN RUN! DUN!
DURURURURUR DUUUUH!

Nyx Lane - Wild Encounter! Vs. Totodile!

1_zpsadb6f83c.png

Delilah Forth & Drake Callibur - Double Battle! Vs. Wooper & Taillow!

3_zps92e32855.png

Riku Graham - Wild Encounter! Vs. Taillow!

Stuff2Riku1_zps17f64f9b.png

Last edited:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
View attachment 72813Honoring Madeline
Herra Waker
View attachment 72814

Thank goodness I thought of packing some supplies, Herra thought as she saw mobs of trainers fighting to be in line. If you can tell based on how everyone keeps pushing each other out of the way. Then again, she thought, I need some pokeballs. And rare candies don't seem like a bad idea either. The problem was that everyone might get those too. She's gonna have to cut in line if she wants a couple of those. She decided to sneak up on the people at the very front of the line. Then she saw a boy holding a tired Pichu in his arms.

" Just a bit more Pichu," he told the pokemon. " I'm so close to get that antidote and other supplies for us."

The Pichu cried to his trainer. Then an idea hit Herra. She smiled and posed her best innocent look.

" That Pichu is going to be a goner if you continue waiting and walking. The poisoning will do it's job."

The boy turned to Herra.

" Who are you?"

" I just happened to be here. And when I heard you mumbling, I thought I could be some assistance."

" I'm not stupid pretty girl. I know you want to cut in line. No way that's gonna happen."

Herra decided to look down shamefully at the grass.

" Okay. I admit that's what I wanted at first. But then when I heard about your poor Pichu, I decided I could help. So I wanted to suggest this: you step out of line and try not to move. I'm not sure if that Pichu will last long. That's when you tell me what you want I get both of us a little something. Then I bring you back the stuff and we can both get out of this mob. What do you say?"

The boy looked at Herra and was in thought. Then he had an answer.

" Fine." He steps out of line. " I need some antidotes, pokeballs, rare candies, potions, and some repels."

" Okay. I won't take long."

After a quick while, she was finally at the table. She got a bunch of supplies and other trainers started grunting at her.

" Stop being greedy! That's too much for you."

" See that boy with the Pichu?" Herra pointed towards his direction. " His Pichu got poisoned and I am going to share with him. So if you please..."

They moved out of the way. She finally got everything and headed back to the boy.

" Take the antidotes first. You need them."

She gave the only five antidotes she picked up to the boy. He used one on the Pichu. She dropped five potions and ran away while he was cuddling his Pichu. She ran away as fast as she could and smiled.

" You little liar! I need more than this!"

She heard the boy's screams from afar. She just laughed. Stupid boy, she thought. Thanks to him, I helped myself to ten repel, ten pokeballs, and ten rare candies. She laughed again. When she was sure she put enough distance, she stopped and packed away everything in her pack. She laughed again when she heard the grass shake. She assumed it was nothing but then there was another shake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years

pss_zps17a116f9.png
Riku Graham
258.png
143.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png
Ballfull.png

Somebody to Love: Fight or Flight

It was hopeless. They weren't going to find that Pokémon's exact location in such tall, muddy grass. They had been looking for about ten minutes now, at first it began as a simple quest to get revenge for tainting the Snorlax's money maker, but now it was an epic mission to reclaim his pride and a test of his manhood. That thing would be lucky if Riku even considered caturing it and chose to use it as a meatshield against Zubat swarms. Riku opted to switch out Meech for Skip in favor of the element of surprise. The trainer's music player came in handy as the small area of light emitted tore away at the darkness shred by shred as he pointed it all about. It wasn't long until they came across a small moving shape in a mud puddle.

Their perpetrator stepped forward. She planted her clawed talons firmly onto the muddy floor, puffed her chest and held back her head. Her beak opened and there she stood. Defiant. Challenging. Smirking. That Taillow definitely was a haughty one. "A pest, really." Riku gave another amused glance at the Taillow who was still waiting and smirking. That stupid smirk. The trainer ran his hand through his har and sighed, "I would've let the fact you tripped up my Snorlax slide, but then you had the nerve to run away from us. From me." He motioned for Skip to advance forward, "This'll be fun." His hazel eyes shining like two lanterns against the creeping shadows of darkness being cast across the marshland.

Having heard the trainer's decision, Taillow gave a great cry before soaring up into the sky. "Gust attack most likely." Riku muttered to himself. The tiny bird stopped mid flight and spread its wings far apart. "Skip, get ready to avoid the winds." The trainer readied his Mudkip. But he could have never prepared him for what transpired here. The Taillow did not bring her wings together with mighty force to produce mighty winds, but instead was still and released a pulse of psychic energy that struck the ground before the trainer and Mudkip with such speed and force they were knocked back a few yards. Preoccupied with the shock of just seeing a Taillow use a Confusion attack, the trainer failed to notice the shadow lingering above him until it gave a shrill cry. Riku snapped his head upward to see the female Taillow diving from above, triumphant smirk in place. "Sh*t, Growl!" Riku alarmingly called, not often was the boy rattled, but there was different air about this battle than any other he's been in. The Taillow responded with a Growl of her own that completely drowned out Skips. Riku shifted and grunted as he cupped his hands over his ears, the slightest hint of blood flowing between his fingers. He didn't have any time to examine the injury for the realization the level difference between the Pokemon was too much to overcome.

'Skip's slower, weaker, and a lower level," Riku thought to himself as he mentally cursed. He knew the wild Pokemon's strategy. She ruled the sky, and with Confusion and Growl she didn't even have to come in close range to attack Skip who only had Tackle.

"TAAIILLL!" The bird pokemon readied itself for another Confusion attack. "Skip, times up bud." The Mudkip nodded in between his labored breath. "Amnesia, Meech." Riku ordered as he promptly popped open the heavy ball to reveal the behemoth normal type. Meech placed both hands on either side of his head before being coated in what seemed to be a translucent layer of energy before subsiding rather quickly. The confusion attack was sent crashing down but the psychic energy seemed to do little to nothing to the Snorlax. "Time to set up and make this Taillow's only strength useless, Amnesia." Meech proceeded to repeat the attack. The Taillow screeched as it circled above before finally soaring down and releasing a growl attack giving Meech the opportunity to strike. "Tackle!" Riku ordered. The Snorlax leapt up as high as possible for a creature his size and managed to smack the bird Pokemon out of the sky and crashing down into the mud. The Snorlax's momentary victory was short lived as he panicked falling down, he jumped higher than expected and plummeted down towards Riku and Skip. Both crashed onto the mud floor, Riku landing painfully on his shoulder. Groaning, he shoved himself to a seating position and spotted the Taillow attempting to pick off any mud on its wings. The mud was the only thing keeping that bird grounded.

Skip nodded at the look his trainer gave him and immediately pursued the bird pokemon, but he was losing precious energy fast. The Tailow puffed out her chest and spread her wings before releasing a Confusion attack, "Skip!" Riku snapped his fingers to alert his Mudkip of the impending psychic attack. The water type evaded the energy and managed to dig his head square in the Taillow's chest. Mud rose mightily from the crash as the bird fell back. Riku ran for the spot and no sooner had he spotted the unmoving creature did Meech crash down next to it and begin sleeping. He recalled the normal type with a sigh, he was depending on Meech to carry him until the city. Skip smiled as he raised his chin with pride. Riku smirked and wiped his face of what mud he could, looking down at his clothes with disgust all the while. He turned to continue his trek towards the city, but not before stealing one last glance at the knocked out Taillow.

He wouldn't capture it, no. But instead he picked up her tiny feathered body and placed her in a makeshift nest made out of mud. With that the boy walked away, only to have Skip climb up onto his shoulder and proceed to poke his trainer's cheek for the next five minutes until the boy acknowledged him.

"What Skip?"

"Muuud!"

"No, my hearts not starting to warm up."

"Mudkipp, Mud!"

"You tell anyone I made that nest and you'll be sharing lunch tomorrow with Meech."

"...the guy who did the CSS for the joint post is a very handsome and smart fella so props for him too" - Chalifoux​

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
Years
Seth's Inventory
- Hip Flask
- Pack of Cigarettes
- Lighter
- Bruce Lee's Pokeball
- Kenshiro's Pokeball
- 4x Pokeballs
- HTranseiver

Seth's Party
Bag_Park_Ball_Sprite.png
Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png

Nori's Inventory
- 3x Potions
- Noisy's Pokeball
- Comet's Pokeball
- HTransceiver
- 2x Pokeball
- 4x Antidotes

Nori's Party
714.png
667.png

"Why the f*ck do I always get sick on boats?!" Seth muttered to himself before a large amount of unnatural bodily fluids cascaded down the white bleached toilet, almost beautifully. Seth sat slumped over the toilet seat with his hands hugging the toilet's neck.

"Tyrouge!" Bruce Lee yelled before kicking the door down in what would have been an excellent display of skill if the door hadn't been unlocked.

Bruce rushed over to Seth with a hand towel in hand attempting to wipe the upchuck from his face, but Seth quickly dismissed Bruce pushing him out of the way before hurriedly crawling back to the white vacuum and hurling up even more vomit.

"Why did I even agree to going on this trip?" Seth asked Bruce as he rolled his sickly body onto the cold white marble floor. But Bruce Lee's head rattled with a face of 'You are an Idiot!'

After at least half an hour of getting his wits about him and taking a large swig from his hip flask he was ready to leave his cabin that he had been cooped up in for the boat trip. Almost immediately after leaving the cabin an intense smell filled the air of humidity and just animal faces.

"This place smells like sh*t." Seth muttered lighting a cigarette. He walked down the railing looking into the muddy waters thinking about all the unholy things that lived down there. Before long he realized that the ship had docked and that he was probably the last one on the boat. He hurried down the isle with Bruce trying desperately to keep up however his little legs couldn't take him as fast as Seth as running. He came to the end of the boat where a group of pubescent teenage trainers had gathered just off the dock swarming a man that seemed to be somewhat eccentric throwing hand signals continuously without break.

"He must be Italian." Seth muttered as he took a puff at his cigarette.

His head was in the clouds, nothing else seemed important in that moment. Noisy was perched on his shoulder, nuzzling every now and then to show her love. Nori was use to it, so he casually continued to look at the other passengers, slowly, building towards a certain point on the ship.

"Hm?" He wondered, leaning off of the rail just a bit. He had been facing away from the island, just daydreaming, and enjoying the warm breeze that was sweeping off of it. He rubbed his neck, easing the small crick that had found its way inside. "Guess it's time to disembark. Let's go, Noisy."

The two of them found themselves being swept up easily into the crowd. He had been at the back...or so he had thought, but without really knowing how, he somehow had been dragged into the middle of the mob. "Sheesh," He uttered in annoyance, feeling the platform starting to fall from the ship and onto the marshy soil. "Are we the last group?" He asked himself.

* * *​

The man rambled on for a while and afterwards a lot of the other trainers were quick on their feet to start the line. Ten minutes, perhaps fifteen, went by before Nori could grab the few things he wanted. Afterwards, he found himself alone, his feet slowly falling into the marsh's grasp. "Hmm," He uttered, his hand rubbing the back of his head as he wondered which way to go. "Well, I guess I'll just wander for the time being."

Seth on the other hand went straight for the red pokeballs taking four of them. He wandered around aimlessly not sure where to go, his job was to find a Pokémon that no one has ever seen before. All there is are cave pictures and some crazies claiming to be the incarnation of the small pink rat. Seth continued to walk around puffing away when he noticed a lone trainer, he looked far older than the rest of the trainers.

Nori looked around, mostly curious of which direction to go, it was overbearing to have free reign on an uninhabited island. He didn't want to make the wrong decision and end up endangering his pokemon and his own lives. Looking up, he spotted a peculiar man staring at him. His brown hair see-sawed around his head, his eyes held a somewhat hopeful glimmer in them, and well...he was a smoker.

Nori stared back and that was all it took for the man to come sauntering towards him. "Names, Seth. You looking for a partner, kid? Cause this jungle is just teeming with sh*t and dangerous Pokemon," He said light heartily.

Nori bent down to tighten the laces of his shoes. That was pretty straightforward. He didn't seem to be too bad, at least from first impressions. Nori stood up and back off a little, he didn't exactly enjoy having his space invaded. "Sure, I don't mind teaming up but if you could, would you put out that cigarette?" He asked the man.

A puzzled expression passed along Seth's face before he let out a small chuckle and flicked the cigarette off towards the marsh's moist land. "Better?"

"Better." Nori agreed kindly.

The two of them had traveled together towards Holon city, exchanging their HT codes at Seth's suggestion, along the way. Nori had attempted to walk in silence but Seth's cheery personality kept winning in the long run. Constantly bringing something up, Nori ended up having a good laugh or two with the man. That was until the two of them ended up getting separated...

He was unsure how exactly; Nori should had known something was up after he had went more than three minutes with complete silence. He tried to retrace his steps but only ended up getting lost.

Stepping through the muddy land, Nori found his ears plagued by a sound that was almost destructive. He covered them in pure shock before spotting the culprit, in the midst of some nature-made mini amphitheater. "Aghhhh!" Nori cried, feeling almost crippled by the horrid sounds. He noticed the Palpitoad leading them in their horrendous melody and honestly, all he wanted to do was have them shut up. Taking a careless step, Nori slipped down a long hill, his body free-falling for a few moments before landing in the ocean.

He couldn't swim...​

Last edited:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years

NyxLane_zps4ed3dc2d.png
Nyx Lane,
sigpic372834_8.gif
Drake Callibur, &
DelilahForth_zps710cdb2a.png
Delilah Forth

The Chronicles of Holon: The Scientist, The Hipster, and the Wardrobe Broken-Hearted Diva! [PART III]

Nyx Lane - Inventory;

ALMANAC Progress:
0% | 8/721 | 1/721

// 3.1 A Scientist and An Unlikely Lab-Partner//

Nyx looked at the Totodile which clambered out of the water as if it was a chore. The Totodile didn't look like it was used to water, which was weird. Nyx took out the H-Transciever and scanned the Big Jaw Pokemon. It came up with the result that it was Ice and Ground. Nyx realized that the rumors he heard were a matter-of-fact. He looked at the Totodile, it seemed angry, yet tired. Nyx didn't think it would be fair to knock-out the thing. He just sat down, and stared at the Totodile. The Totodile stared at him bluntly and then charged.

Nyx planned on catching this Totodile at all costs. He threw out Havok and the Scraggy went into its pose after being released. That costed him a hit as the Totodile scratched Havok's face. Havok was angry, but not reckless. "Scraggy, Drain Punch!" he said, and the Scraggy commited on synch. The Scraggy recovered the HP lost immediately. He could by the Totodile's expression that it had a while to drop. Nyx swapped out Havok for Chryseum

Chryseum's golden tint was always a comforting sight to Nyx. He wanted to stall the Totodile as much as possible. He called Chryseum for a Will-o-Wisp, and the Pokemon followed almost immediately. The two had spent so many years together, the movements and actions were in synergy. The Totodile went for a Scratch attack again, and the claws simply passed through Chryseum, not affecting him.

Chryseum had a devilish little smile as the Totodile immediately jumped back, surprised. "Chryseum! Go for a sucker-punch!" The Totodile, slightly phased, went again for another Scratch, but before he could go in Chryseum went in and punched the Totodile across its massive Jaw.

The Pokemon was weak, and the burn was taking its toll. Nyx immediately threw a Pokeball, not wanting the poor Totodile to suffer any longer.

Nyx felt a ping of sorrow everytime he looked at the Totodile's face. He threw a Pokeball and wanted to be done with it.

Once... Twice... Thrice...​

The Totodile broke out, having still some courage left to give his Pokemon a hard time. He tried to Scratch Chryseum again, but lo and behold, as expected, the claws passed right through him. It was a normal type move after-all. He threw another Pokeball, not wanting the 'Burn' ailment to kill him. Again, the same nail-biting process repeated.

He heard a small click. He wasn't sure if the Totodile flew out, or if it remained. He assumed the Totodile didn't want to feel the pain any longer. He tightened his labcoat around his shoulders. He didn't want to loose his labcoat any-time soon. Nyx didn't expect to beat Delilah and Drake to Holon city. He was going to take his sweet time. He took out his pocket-knife, and took off his labcoat, and his undershirt. He was left with a bare-chest, and he fashioned his shirt into a make-shift, small, labcoat...

He put on his labcoat, and buttoned it all the way up, not wanting to walk around with a bare-chest like a nudist. His undershirt was in a Pokeball, with a big jaw pokemon wearing it. He examined rocks and flowers as he went along. He also examined the many different Woopers in the marsh-land, getting large varieties of typings. He even saw a Dragon Wooper, he would've caught it had the adorable Totodile not taken up 2 Pokeballs, and busting the lid on the first one.

He examined many different kinds of flowers which were indigenous to Holon, and saw some rocks which had a very unique tint of coloring. He noted this all down in a 900 paged, small notepad which he carried in his backpocket. It did make his posterior look fat, but exterior looks never bothered him. He drew small sketches of everything note-worthy. He saw many variants of rocks, plants, trees, this is what Nyx was hoping for when he hopped on that boat. Nyx was going to be the true examiner of Holon.

This was where Nyx thrived, in the uncharted. Not in the urban city of Lumiose which he knew too well for his own liking. No, that's boring. Nyx still had his tank-top folded up in his backpack. If he ever needed to ditch the labcoat, he wouldn't hesitate. Nyx could barely contain his excitement at the fantastic Island, Nyx may even be a founding father of a thriving region. His grin wouldn't waver, until he almost got his leg snapped by a deadly plant. Nyx saw a medium-sized wooden crate, and all he found in it was a potion and a rare candy. It was large, but only two items? Nyx presumed some trainers had passed him by. Nyx went back to the large plant. It looked like a giant flower petal, but once you stepped on it your leg was gone.

Nyx was taking notes on so many different things, he covered 90 pages out of the 900 page giant. He continued to sketch on the thing, not wanting to waste any space. Nyx sat down beside the plant thing and threw a rock at its maw. The plant snapped as it did like anytime. Nyx took down the following note:

Plant Species: Florus
Dubbed: Giant-ass Venus Flytrap.
The GVF seems to only have a simple strand of muscles. Its roots are incredibly thin and can easily snap, but the roots are barely visible between the flower petals. The flower's immediate reaction to anything is to shut its maw. Whether its to clamp someones leg, or to clamp on a small pebble. The GVF has a very simple reflex command which is to release venom whilst shutting its mouth. Location of venom pores are unknown. The venom leaves no traces of the bit object existing. The GVF has no teeth, it simply injects the venom onto its prey.

The plants petal type is green with a tint of purple and a large diameter. The plant will feed on anything which steps on it. The plant has 4 petals, encompassing a small black circle on its center.

Nyx's note-pad was full of these. It would continue to grow, Nyx would identify every single species on the island in the notepad. He just continued walking North towards Holon City, hoping that the tower in the distance was his destination. He continued walking towards the city. He wondered where Delilah and Drake were. He took out the H-Transciever and selected Delilah Forth from his Contacts, and waited for them to answer. In the meantime, he pulled out the rare-candy and fed it to Chryseum. He continued walking while waiting on the ringing Transciever.

// 3.2 Delilah and Drake's Amazing Adventure Full of Delta Pokemon, Arceus-Damned Trollcinno, and Non-Mainstream Stuff //

"Sven! You ready to fight?" Drake asked the Snake-Pokemon, unusually hyped up about this battle. "Sniiiii!" He replied back, also unlike the personality of a common Snivy (which is usually an "I don't give a sh*t" personality).

"Min, you know what to do!" Delilah affirmed as her Minccino nodded in agreement. The two lumps from before, now revealed to be a Wooper and Taillow, decided to fling themselves first.

Taillow propelled itself with its wings as its beak began to glow in white light. As the Peck attack made contact, Sven was flung backwards a considerable distance. Sven's expression could clearly denote that it hurt... and quite badly at that. But hey, at least there was no annoying beeping sound implying that he was-

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

God damn it. Curse you, convenient sound effects that cannot be heard by the players because otherwise the fourth wall would crumble down in pieces!

"Aqua Tail!" In decent synch, Minccino flung itself forward, its tail now being surrounded by a thin torrent of water, which spiraled all around its tail. Launching itself at meager speed, it swiped its tail against the Taillow, throwing the Flying Steel-type out of balance as it was flung a few inches behind, falling on its side.

"Sven, Swords Dance!" As his trainer shouted the command, Sven lashed out his arms like swords, dancing it's dance of chivalry and toughness, basically spinning around rapidly with it's arms seemingly slashing the air around it, with a thick veil of an intense red enclosing its figure more and more with every spin it took, raising the Snivy's power quite a bit.

Seeing how it hadn't been attacked just yet, the Wooper flung itself at a surprising speed, horizontally, hitting Minccino from its back and flinging itself along with the Normal-type forwards. Quickly regaining its stance (in spite of the irregular head:body ratio of its body), it literally began to give everyone the mean eye, as its eyeballs gleamed mean in a menacing red. Both Sven and Min could not help but stare at the Wooper's eyes, the two Pokemon feeling shivers to their spines in response.

"Okay, Sven, Glare!" In response to the Wooper's Leer (that and his trainer), he gave a death stare back at the Wooper, Sven's eyes glowing an eerie yellow as he smiled a creepy grin at the Wooper. This creepy stare rambled the Wooper, rendering it paralyzed and unable to move, as tiny sparks of electricity of some sort now orbited the Water Dark-type Pokemon.

After the short stare competition, Taillow managed to regain its stance, hitting the [muddy] floors with its tiny legs, as if it were standing his [muddy] ground. Taking a deep breath, the Bird-Pokemon then released a rather simple "TAILLOW!", but with enough wavelength to be carried all the way to Sven and Min, decreasing the strength of their next moves a little bit.

"Alright then," Delilah said as a devilish grin took over her expression, "If it's added effects you want, so you shall get. Now, Fake Tears!"

Upon command, the Normal-type threw himself to the ground, stubby arms hitting the [muddy] mud repeatedly as the Minccino then began to throw a horrible tantrum, screeching and crying torrential amounts of tears. Both Taillow and Wooper were then immediately startled by what could only be the most terrifying thing they heard - and saw - before, probably even more that the Snivy's Glare.

"Finish the Wooper off with a Tackle, Sven!" At command, the Snake-Pokemon charged itself at the Wooper, slamming into the Water Dark Pokemon with his body, which, upon contact, caused the Wooper to fall to the ground, unconscious, almost immediately.

"Now you're mine!" In complete determination, Delilah directed her hand to her purse, instantly retrieving a Pokeball from it. With a stylish pose, and her hair swaying accordingly, she flung the capsule with all her forces at the - still startled - Taillow. Hitting the Bird Pokemon in the beak, the Pokeball then absorbed the Flying Steel-type, and fell to the muddy ground.

The Bird-Pokemon then, shockingly, exploded from the PokeBall, destroying the capsule in the process, thus rendering it useless. The Taillow then chirped with whatever force it still had left, in clear indication that the battle was far from over.

"Oh, no you won't!" She yelled, almost irate, as she repeated her previous move and flung another of her Pokeballs at the wild Taillow.

Once... NOPE!​

"TAILLOW!" Cried the Bird Pokemon, clearly laughing at the puny human's futile attempts of catching it.

"Really?!" She flung yet another Pokeball, this time irate.

... Yeah, no​

"TAILLOW!"

"Urrgh!"

Nah Lady D, Not Today​

"GRAAAAAAAH!"

Once... Twice... Thrice... ... ... ... ... ... PSYCH! KIDDING!​

"TAAAAAAAAILLLLLOOOOOOOOW!" Cried the Bird Pokemon in the cockiest, meanest, jokiest way a Pokemon could ever achieve.

"Now, hold on, Delilah. Before you freak out about how this Taillow will refuse to go with you, why don't you let me try?" An almost sudden response from Drake, as he was also holding a blank Poke Ball, which actually had some dust on it. The hipster then threw the PokeBall, tossing it powerfully with his right hand before Delilah could even get a say on the matter.

Once... Twice... Thrice... ... ... CLICK [INSERT ERRANT FANFARE HERE]!​

"See? That wasn't so difficult, now, was i-"

He was immediately cut short by a sudden punch directed against his chest. Delilah was nowhere near being happy, even less so after Drake decided he could just 'Pokemon Trainer Red' his way with her Pokemon, "SHUT UP!" she immediately spit as some rather ugly veins came into vision within her neck, most likely out of her tantrum, "You don't get to tell me how to train, little boy, I'm a Gym Trainer of the elusive Fairy-type, I know the rules to this game, guidebooks and all. I know them so well I read them all twice, and there aren't any guidebooks to begin wi-"

"Calm down, calm down!" The male interrupted, "I don't even want the Taillow... you can have it!"

"You don't even WANT IT?!"

"I caught it for you."

"Look, pretty boy. I'm a strong, NO, an independent GYM TRAINER who don't need no people catching Pokemon for her!"

"Yet how else will you catch something without any Poke Balls? You clearly wasted them all."

"Oh, please, I have MILLIONS of Pokeballs, ALL of the Pokeballs. I-" checking her purse, she realized she had no more Pokeballs left. As her irate expression suddenly faded out, and she began to think clearer, she realized she had spent half the supplies she took, and they were all of her Pokeballs. She began to panic ever so slightly, as supplies probably wouldn't be easy to find anywhere else, "I... I don't have any more Pokeballs, do I? I must have used them all..."

"I just said that, you know," he said with a flip of his hair, "You want the Taillow or not?" He was holding out the capsule containing the bird Pokemon, gesturing for her to take it.

She placed her hand gently over the capsule Drake was holding out, perplexed. They were still strangers, and they barely knew each other's names. How come he could be so kind and calm on the matter? "Are you sure you don't want it? You did catch it, after all..."

"Hey, you were more passionate about the capture than I was. I wasn't even planning on catching it until I saw that you had interest in it. It's yours," Drake said, this time with a warm-hearted smile.

"I... Thank you," She gestured back with her hypnotizing gaze, taking the Pokeball into both her hands, "I think he deserves a special name. Or maybe it's a she?" She immediatly took the Pad of the HTransceiver from her purse, now holding the Pokeball in one hand, and skimmed the menu with one finger, "This 'ALMANAC' thing, should be good enough to provide some information of the sort, right?"

Drake, not being a technology wiz unlike the person who created him (*ahem* fourth wall! *cough*), wasn't even sure about how to turn on the ALMANAC. "... Suuuuure...?"

"You don't even know what it does, do you? I guess it makes two of us," she tossed the Pokeball Drake gave her to the ground, thus revealing the now dizzy, and still exhausted Taillow. The Bird Pokemon was too distracted, almost fainting, to acknowledge who it was that sent him (or her?) out. Delilah was now holding the HTransceiver's Pad with both hands, trying to figure out how it worked, puzzled, as there was no indication as to how the thing should be operated. By mere chance, the Pad faced towards the Taillow, and a sudden red light quickly ran all around the Taillow's body, barely being noticed by the two Trainers. Suddenly, a whole new interface dotted the Pad's screen. A blue background with lots of transparent boxes now displayed a myriad of data on the bird. Delilah, however, could only notice one little fact: This Taillow was Steel-type.

"Huh." Huh indeed.

Drake decided to sneak a peek at the Pad, and noticed this odd typing as well. "What... the hell?" He muttered under his breath, as he'd never seen anything like it before.

"There was this experiment that affected the Pokemon around, right? Maybe this Taillow is one of the many affected Pokemon?" She began to browse the main menu again, looking for any sort of indication of what her team was like. Suddenly, she noticed how a new option, called 'HUB' had made its way to the menu. Tapping the button gently with her finger, she saw exactly what she expected to: A nice layout of her team. A green background adorned the screen as six boxes with rounded borders were disposed around three rows, two boxes each. The bottom row was empty, as was the second spot of the middle row. The other three showed Min, Dru and Taillow, their HP and their level and gender, along with a fancy little icon for each 'Mon.

"Ah," Delilah limited herself to say, as she noticed that Taillow was male, with a level of 3, and the Iron Head Ability, "Now this is interesting."

"It really is!" Drake exclaimed in awe as he got a peak of Delilah's Pad again, wondering if his would show the same option. Taking his own Pad out, he was then disappointed to see the HUB option wasn't there. Perhaps I need more Pokemon?

"I think I have a name for this Taillow."

"Really?"

"Yes, Bastion. It's the synonym of 'stronghold' and he is a steel type, after all."

RING!RING!

"Oh?" Delilah heard a beeping sound coming from the hands-free device on her ear, and Drake could see it flashed a tiny red light. Delilah's Pad had its screen overwritten with the words "Mr. Lane" with two circles underneath it: one green and the other red. She assumed that it would be the call system's interface, and pressed the green button under the assumption that it would pick the line up.

"Hello?" She spoke in a rather innocent voice.

"Good evening Madam. How is everything fairing on your side of the marsh?" he said while stepping on deep pits of mud

"My clothes are dirty, I don't have Pokeballs, it's cold. You know, the usual." She limited herself to say as she tried to withstand the cold breeze blowing her way, accompanied by the sun about to vanish behind the horizon and her swaying hair flwoing along.

"Oh this marsh might be quite large then. Where I am there's a very nice and gentle warm breeze. Madam, if Drake is there beside you how about we meet up?" he said, as another warm breeze blew his way and made his hair puff upwards.

"I'd say it's a delightful idea. Mind if I spice that up with a... say, battle request?" She gently chuckled to herself. She hadn't had a battle with another trainer for a bit and this posed as a perfect solution for this.

"Are you sure it would be a good idea for me to whipe the floor with your Pokemon before we even reach Holon city? What if you get attacked?" he said as he was playing around with the HUB menu. Conveniently, it also stated how much health his Pokemon had left out of a total. It used an alien unit to Nyx known as HP.

"Well, we are Trainers after all, no? But I suppose we could heal our Pokemon... somewhere?" She wasn't quite sure if doing such a thing would be even possible to begin with, but she hoped so, "Well, assuming that can even be done here."

"Madam, if you want a battle I would be more than happy to oblige. However in the scenario that one of us wins, which is inevitable, we will be left defensless. I assure you that I can protect you with Drake's combined force, however your Pokemon might be behind in Experience." he said with a genuine, worried tone.

"Pssh, party-pooper," she quickly scoffed, "I don't need protection, y'know? But if you so insist, then I might as well rack up on some Experience before cleaning the floor of the city with you." She chuckled at the end, Nyx was right, her Pokemon were weak, but that still didn't mean they couldn't fight for fun, and not necessarily to see who was stronger between the two.

"Clean the floor with me? The only thing you'll be cleaning are the bodies of your fainted Pokemon!" He said, adding a chuckle at the end. He felt slightly absurd while doing hand-gestures, but he was used to expressing his feeling through his hands.

"Ha, we will see. I will be expecting you in the city, mister."

"City? Why not meet up now and head to the city together? I've analyzed almost every species in this marshlands as far as I can see, and it's not fun being lonely. Where are you right now, I'll head over." Nyx said

"Well, it's marshy and stuff, as is the entire place, but I see a cityline in the distance, so I'd say we're heading in the right direction." She said as she stared at the several buildings far away. They had been walking for, what, 22 minutes?

"Well, if there are no immediate land-marks in the vicinity I'll just close off here, Bye Madam Delilah, see you in the city!" He said as he tapped the red circle beneath Delilah's name and continued examining a genus of rocks and plants..

Click!

Nyx ended the call with Delilah and continued walking towards Holon city, finishing up his examination progress and continued to walk along. His boots resorted to an exo-skelton of mud. He continued trudding along the heavy marshland. He heard a small rustle behind him and he pulled out Chryseum, ready for another encounter. He saw the silhouette of several wild Pokemon and threw his Pokeball at it, resulting in a clash of light. He was never going to get jumped, especially while doing research.

Ever.

"Stupid breeze, stupid marsh," Delilah spit as she tired again to lift already dirty Furisode to the ground, just to find such a task impossible, and that her Furisode just got even dirtier and muddier.

"No need to call the marshland stupid," Drake said as he tried to make the Furisode Girl feel better and, as if by mere fate, at the moment his sentence finished, he tripped on a mud accumulation of sorts. As he stood up with his clothes completely messy with the mud and other mysterious marshland contents as well, he merely limited himself to proceed, "Okay, okay, stupid marsh." He simply let go of a sigh.

"Hey," Delilah suddenly shouted, her finger pointing at both a closer cityline and the sight of a Trainer and his Pokemon thrudding along the mud, and several figures running around as they attacked a Ghost-type of sorts that stood in front of him.

"Chryseum, go for a Sucker Punch!" shouted a familiar voice. The odd pokemon responded in synch with the command.

"Chryseum?" Delilah asked, in spite of knowing very well about a Pokemon with that nickname, "Mister Lane?" she shouted, "Is that you?" Her hands were placed around her mouth for her voice to sound further away, yet still a bit muffled.

As she called for Nyx, however, her voice attracted a tad bit of undesired attention. Two lumps of undefined shape proppeled themselves from out the marshy surroundings, one standing in front of Drake, the other in front of Delilah.

"Again?" She asked out loud. Min was in no condition to keep fighting around, and her new Pokemon - Bastion, the star formerly known as Taillow - was about to faint, "Dru, go!" She said as she called her last Pokemon forth.

"Melodiam, go forth!" Yelled Drake in unison as both Pokemon erupted between lights and hearts of a variety of shapes and colors​

~*~
6.jpg
102.jpg
1.jpg
68.jpg
67.jpg
106.jpg
104_zpsc430f790.jpg
68.jpg

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023

Growlithe_zps7be8f883.gif
Charlotte "Charlie" White
Trapinch_zps29f3dc0f.gif

Chapter 02: It's a Whole New World We Live In (cont. w/ new theme!)

Three Pokeballs, thought Charlie as she sifted through the few items she had in her bag. Three Pokeballs was all they could give me. She had only spent around an hours worth of time with her parents before the ship had arrived at the dock. Almost immediately her parents had made their way off the boat, leaving Charlotte with her two Pokemon and the chef in the Golden Cafe. She let out a small sigh, not surprised at all that her parents would do such a thing. On occasion, she felt like they were younger and livelier than she was.

ALMANAC Progress:
3/721
Inventory:
Spoiler:
Contacts:
Spoiler:

"It looks like we've arrived," Luanna, the chef, said as she gave Charlie's Pokemon some berries. "Be careful girl, Holon is a dangerous place."

Charlie nodded towards the woman with a few words of appreciation. "Thank you, ma'am." She stopped herself for a moment, wondering if there was anything else to say. "Are you possibly coming to shore as well?"

"This bag of bones?" The woman let out a loud laugh. "I personally haven't thought about it yet. I've travelled this place a few times in my life, so I'm not sure if I really need to yet another time."

"Wait," the girl spoke up, rather confused. "Wasn't this region only recently discovered? I mean, besides for that science team from years ago?" How could this woman have travelled there before? It just didn't seem to make any sense.

"I see the amazing Nikolai Jaywalker must've not filled everyone in completely. That fool." She gave another chuckle, petting Anna as she did so. "You see, when the scientists came, they had a lot more people with them. While they were in charge of learning what they could about region and finding Mew, contractors and others began settling the region. For roughly fourteen years, we stayed there, despite the fact that the scientists had left after four. During this time, I travelled as much as I chose, sort of as my own Pokemon Journey.

"But why is it only now that people are learning about this place? If there has been people there, why did they never say anything?"

"Ya know, this region isn't known for its communication. We were practically in isolation the entire time. Heck, there weren't many of us to be honest. It felt like many of the people chose to be ignorant of most things for one reason or another. A lot of the people here never even knew about the 'Delta Species' Pokemon or that the scientists had even left." She seemed to use an excessive amount of hand movements to make her point. "When Mr. Jaywalker arrived, I happened to be one of the few people to fill him in one what this place was. He was delighted and when he made it back, he made it his mission to get people out here, as you can tell."

Charlie nodded, fascinated by the woman's story. The only problem is that more question kept coming into her mind. "Why hasn't Mew been captured in that time?" She felt a need to know more, whether because of her own interest or her Tracker instinct.

Luanna laughed again. "Slow down girl. Don't you have somewhere to be? I'm not as interesting as what you're about to see, so get out there."

The young girl's eyes grew wide as she realized how long she had been talking. With a quick word of thanks, she ran out of the cafe, her Pokemon close in tow. She couldn't help but silently scold herself for losing track of time. Luckily, there were a lot of people still getting off the boat. She supposed overcapacity was a good thing on occasion. With a sigh, she made her ways down the stairs and onto the dock... Or at least... That's if you can call it a dock... She made it a point to get off of it as soon as possible. Making her way towards the group in a marshy area, the teen had made it just in time to hear their sponsor's speech.

She partly thought that her parents had already gone through, choosing to get a head start of sorts against the rest of the region's newest inhabitants. She would've done the same had the murmurs talking about supplies hadn't made it her way. To say the least, she hadn't come as prepared as she should've. Maybe today is just a day to scold myself, she thought. With a sigh, she attempted to make it through the crowd as Jaywalker hurried along with his speech. Unfortunately, the man was way too quick when he talked and upon his farewell, the entirety of the crowd had begun moving towards the crates of items near where he had stood. It took some time, but eventually Charlotte made it to the crates and grabbed only a few items: five Pokeballs, three potions, and two antidotes. At least it's better than nothing.

***​

Charlie made her way across the gloomy marshlands at a slow pace. She was lucky enough to be wearing a pair of boots (not that they were made for such a trek), so trudging through the mud was easy. Well, except for the constant wails of the Wooper across the swamp. She couldn't tell if the swamp was full of melancholy because it was a swamp or because of the Pokemon who couldn't perfect their "orchestral" arrangement. She sighed but continued to trudge on.

Sampson had already been recalled, having hated the idea of going anywhere near the water. Anna, on the other hand, managed to stay dry by moving between the dry spots that appeared often.

"You know you could wait for me?" she called after the canine who only barked in response. However, the barking continued for awhile and when she caught up she realized why. Just in front of the Growlithe, a dark shadow made its way towards her before disappearing altogether. "Did you see where it went," she asked as her eyes went wide-eyed. She only knew of the Wooper in the swamp, but what else could there be?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Megan (Girl Hatched at the Daycare)

Okay, I have all the supplies I need, now just to go to the ci- A loud screeching noise interrupted Megan's thoughts. Where in the world? Who is making that horrible noise? Megan spotted a group of pokemon 'singing'. I'll have to take out a few of them.... "Nina! I need you to take out one of those tympole, and one of those wooper. You can't handle more than that." Nina ran over, and lured over two of the pokemon just like Megan asked. Using the device, Megan found that Wooper is a Dark type, and Tympole an electric type. "Dig on tympole!" Nina quickly dug under the pokemon making them turn about. She snaked back and forth to that her location could not be pinpointed. Hitting the tympole head on, it tumbled over on its side, and fired a thundershock. However, Nina rolled out of the way onto her back, and it hit wooper instead. The wooper stared at at Nina before using Pursuit, ziggzagging back and forth as to not let the attack be countered or evaded. Nina failed to avoid it, and was hit in the face, slipping slightly from the impact. "Nina! Bug bite until its down!" Nina ran up to it, circling it clockwise, and bit it. Wooper turned around, hitting Nina with his tail, disorientating her. Wooper used pursuit again, Nina digging in the ground to avoid it. However, the tympole who was lying on his side followed Nina down the hole, and Nina ended up kicking it out. An electric type against a ground type would never win. Nina had dug an area to finish the fight in, and she carfully planed out her attacks as to not get countered. Nina dug underground, and as wooper ran to follow, Nina came out right behind him, and hit him with dig before using the attack again. This repeated a few times, Wooper unable to do anything to stop it. On the last hit, She emerged right underneath the wooper, and shoved him through the roof, back to the surface. Nina was left panting on the ground, tired but happy. Megan threw a pokeball at each of the pokemon, and that was it. "Nina! Take a potion healing." Returning Nina after healing her, Megan walked over to her new pokemon. "Both males... Wooper is now named Wally, and Tympole will be Tyler. I suck at nicknames...." Megan pocketed them, and sat against the tree, thinking.

Last edited:
Back