• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ash's japanese voice!

how did ash's voice sound

• childish and interesting

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • interesting

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • WHAT KIND OF VOICE IS THAT?

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • OMHMFG JAPAN?

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
  • 100 times better than the English voice.

Besides, I was introduced to the Pokemon anime in Japanese, and I'm more used to hearing Japanese anyway...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    didnt you see the whole trailer?it appears in the middle of it.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Heh i hear his voice on bisasam (german version of bulbasuar) site (i downloaded a clip) , he sounds kindlish than in the english version , nearly like Teen Kakarot by Masako Nozawa

mew2_v1

The Unknown
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    Satoshi's japanese voice far way better than the american voice. The american voice always gasp if there is something cool such as he saw a rare pokemon like Mew agains Mewtwo

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2008
    I agree with Pokemon User. While the JPN version is okay and would probably grow on me, I just absolutely lOVE the US version and think Veronica Taylor does a great job. And to mew2_v1's "gasping" comment... hey, I'd gasp too if I saw a Mew fly by me, lol ^_~

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love Satoshi's voice! Though truthfully I love Ash's voice too! Go Veronica Taylor! Gooooo~!

It's okay, I'm used to hearing Satoshi, since I regularly watch the Japanese episodes. I just dont like when he does the openings. Rica is NOT a great singer! (that's the lady who does him in Japan)

I really like the 'OKAY!' Opening though, and 'Raibaru' (Rival)

adwajr

Bored Trainer... *yawn*...
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I can't find the trailer! I've searched nearly evry where but I can't find it!

Nodroz

Gorgonzola Cheese! XD
    Years
  • To be honest, I'm not all that fond of either of his voices, though I must say the Japanese one is much better than the one in the English dub.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I liked Satoshi's voice, granted I only heard one line. But he seems to yell a lot better than Veronica does for Ash. Ash just sounds...wrong. And sometimes his voice gets really scratchy. It's annoying. X_X

Back