• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen EV/IV & Nature system revamp?

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
Terrible idea. What would be the purpose? How do you think they're confusing?

2 IV = 1 Stat Point
4 EV = 1 Stat Point
They're not that confusing, just difficult to master and annoying to go through. I would find it to be cool if they added something to do it faster. I'm not talking about items, I mean like a minigame or something.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
They're not that confusing, just difficult to master and annoying to go through. I would find it to be cool if they added something to do it faster. I'm not talking about items, I mean like a minigame or something.

The only problem I have with IV and EV is the fact we can't easily check them without cheats. AR can give us what we're looking for so why not the game itself? We should be able to check them like we can our Pokemon stats. Besides for that I can agree they can be hard to master. To be fair though only one Pokemon on my team has anything other than a 252/252/4 spread.

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
The only problem I have with IV and EV is the fact we can't easily check them without cheats. AR can give us what we're looking for so why not the game itself? We should be able to check them like we can our Pokemon stats. Besides for that I can agree they can be hard to master. To be fair though only one Pokemon on my team has anything other than a 252/252/4 spread.
I agree, and in the Pokedex they should tell us what pokemon gives us what IV. It would certainly help me understand it more.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I merged this into the existing discussion about EVs/IVs.

I would like the EV/IV/nature system to stay like it is. I've learned it since 3rd gen, where I used daycare + some rare candies to determine a hatchling's IV ranges by level 15. The current system is fine; it's the bread and butter of battle and trade. :]

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I agree, and in the Pokedex they should tell us what pokemon gives us what IV. It would certainly help me understand it more.

i think you meant "what pokemon gives us what EV" =P

i don't think there is any need to modify the current system but i agree that the information should be easily obtained in-game. especially EVs.
like i said in another topic, the developers shoud make the game as self-suficient as they possibly can when it comes to such vital things.
it really is wrong to think "why bother when there are plenty of UNOFFICIAL guides nowadays?" when developing a game.

this is especially true seeing as the main series are meant to be portable, which means there is no way to guarantee that the player will have access to the info they need to obtain out of the game every single time they need it.

Back