• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Now accepting A tester for PC card battles!

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
  • There has recently been an idea to make a card battle subforum, though first the creator would like t make one test battle to certify that it works.

Right now I'm only accepting one application for the first battle, but there will probably be a second one, where I might accept more if I feel that it needs more testing.

The jist of the idea is to create a way for people to make decks of their own (Without having to actually own the cards XD) and battle them with other people on PC. If you have questions about how it will work, please post them here. If you have questions about the rules of PC TCG (My nickname for it) I am not answering these questions until after testing, as they may be subject to change.

If someone has already asked to be a tester before I accept someone, feel free to ask anyway, as I would like to have the oportunity to choose from more than one person to be one of my testers.

Last edited:

The Vince Knight

Lyndis is pwnage! :D
    Years
  • Theres a TCG role play at mforums.... So I will tell the rules.
    NO LYING.... IF YOU ARE FOUND LYING THEN YOU WILL BE... uhhhh Don't know....
    You have to set things out like this...

*Plays (Pokemon)*
    *Attaches fire energy to (pokemon)*
    *Plays Trainer (Whatever it is)*

When you end you type:
    Ended.
    Hand: (How may cards there?)
    Pokemon on bench: (Whch ones and energys attached to them)
    Discard pile:

Well thats about it.
    l'll battle you and see if this test might work. You can go first.

Shukuen Shinobi

Ninja Dude
    Years
  • Too late I guess. ^^; I woulda loved to try it out with my tournament deck...but if your deck isn't Modified, it wouldn't work to well. ^^;

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    I LOVE ONLINE TCG BATTLES! @__@
    Who wants to battle against my FlameBubbles Deck? XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Problem!

a) okay since there is no set "programs" to do this, it'll be pretty much role playing... Someone can "magically" add situational cards to stop the opponent's deck. Say you see the opponent using a Gardevior-EX theme deck, and then you magically pop in a Wobby to assist you for example... so that can be a problem?

b) any cards that involve looking at your deck, or anything like that, is as good as non-existant? Also stuff like Walrein's Crush Draw is 100% success rate because we can always "pretend" that "well the next card in my deck is an... energy card! Yeah!"?

Yeah... O.o; just how does this exactly work out?

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    It works because ya cant lie -.-;;
    If ya lie, ya wont be honest... And an idea is to post the cards in yar deck first...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Ok, to answer a few questions. This stuff is handled by a third participant in the thread, the judge. He handles which cards are drawn by a random number program, or a method of several coin flips.

I'm not telling the mods to do this, this is simply how I have this planned out:

The judges will be granted their judge status by a mod in "the official PC TCG Judge Thread" which has yet to be made, and only judges who are proven to be trustworthy will be acepted. You will list the cards you use by their set, and what number they are on serebii.net. Fake cards are not allowed unless both players and judge know the details of, and aprove of the fake cards used, though there will be no fake cards allowed in the testing battles. I will send a private message to one person right now asking them to be a part of the first testing, hopefully we won't need more than one new tester, but you never know.

EDIT: My first tester is unnable to test this due to unforseable conditions. I still need one more tester besides the one I already sent a pm too to begin testing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 24, 2005
    I wouldn't mind doing it. It'd be something fun 2 do on a weak Saturday morning. It'd have to be Modified 4 me tho, that's all I've got right now (unless u want to play Neon Modified...)

Back