• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could have dinner with anyone.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    ...i'm fairly certain a thread like this doesn't exist
    You've probably heard this question asked before:

If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, fiction or real, who would you choose and why?

With people who are alive and real, I'd probably choose Steven Tyler. He's one of my favorite singers and he seems like he'd know how to have a rad dinner party :)

As for fictional, I would definitely choose Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Klavier Gavin, Mia and Maya from the Ace Attorney games. Or the entire cast from that series :| aaaand maybe June, Snake, Clover, Santa, and Junpei from 999.

Finally, as for the dead, I'd choose Richard Nixon. He's my favorite president to learn about and there would be so many things I would ask him lol history geek

and you guys?

Years
  • Signomi. Lightning. Roswell. Zet. BinaryPeaches. Einstein. Micheal Jackson. ~Ryuuka. Derozio. Adolf Hitler. Eiichiro Oda. Monkey D. Luffy. Boa Hancock. Roronoa Zoro. Itachi Uchiha. Portgaz D. Ace. Yuno Gasai. Chrome Dokuro. Chuck Norris. Lenalee Lee. Allen Walker. Myself. Kaori. Sydian. Rukia Kuchiki. Byakuya Kuchiki.

That's it really.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm not even going to try and think of fictional characters because it would end up being a giant banquet.
    In real life; I think the best dinner would be cooking it myself and then sharing it with someone I love. As for celebrities I wouldn't really want to share a dinner with anyone, maybe I'd eat a take-away pizza with Ian Curtis if he wasn't dead, or have a coffee with Tom Waits.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • A master chief(don't care who it is) - So that he or she could proceed too cook me a full course meal with the best quality there is. I will be too busy eating to do any conversing.

Ayselipera

Alive: I would never pick a celebrity just because the sheer amount of awkwardness that would come with it would be to much for me. Then on top of that I don't really like any celebrities enough to meet one of them or anyone of importance for that matter. I guess a select few people on PC would be okay, but that would be awkward too. D:

Dead: I would say my grandfather. He died when I was two and everyone tells me we would get along great because of how alike we are so I wouldn't mind that.

Fictional: Dumbledore, Gandalf, any fictional character who is known to be wise.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Megan Fox, Olivia Wilde , or Mila Kunis. I worship the ground that those women walk on. *uuu*

As for dead people? I think Socrates, Cleopatra, and Charles Darwin would be some very interesting people to talk with.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I wish you could have worded it as 'If you could have someone for dinner' and I would reply that 'I wouldn't want to eat someone because eating other people are gross and wrong.' D:

If I could have dinner with someone, it'll be Taylor Swift. Don't judge me. She's really an inspirational person that when she had a dream she followed through it, no matter the risk of getting it. Besides, my sister is a fan and I want to get her autograph for her. And sell it. :)

aaaand maybe June, Snake, Clover, Santa, and Junpei from 999.
    Where's Lotus? :/

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I think the most obvious choice would be Da Vinci.

Fictional: Chuck Norris
    Chuck Norris isn't fictional... he's not even dead. lol

Edit: Oh wait! I would actually choose my Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grandfather, John Chandler. He came over to America on one of the ships accompanying the Mayflower, and became a judge in Jamestown. I think he was a pretty prominent/wealthy figure at the time, although I can't find him on Wikipedia. I'm the 13th generation in America since him. lol

Last edited:

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Nathaniel Hawthorne (even though I hate him), George Orwell, Margaret Thatcher, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Winston Churchill, Calvin Coolidge, Charles de Gaulle, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Barack Obama, Mao Zedong, Ray Bradbury, Tokugawa, and possibly a few other historical figures.
    For fictional characters, Big Brother, Haruhi Suzumiya, Tamaki Suoh, Edward Cullen, Dawn from the Pokemon series, and a few others I can't think of right now. ;o

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, fiction or real, who would you choose and why?

Jared Followill, hands down. There's just no one better to share a dinner with...is he single?

As for fictional, definitely Guy Cecil, omg you don't even know. @_@ Or maybe Serah from FF13 but she's taken so that's useless.

Akita

Returned
    Years
  • If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, fiction or real, who would you choose and why?

Alive: Billie Joe Armstrong (you knew it was comin')
    I really just want to know what he's like and here about some of his adventures with Green Day.

Dead: Martin Luther King Jr.
    I'm just curious about what he'd have to say and whether or not he thinks that his "dream" has been fulfilled.

Fictional: Ringo the Kid
    What happened after you rode into the sunset with Ms. Dallas?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, fiction or real, who would you choose and why?

Real: Not including some of my friends, I guess I would have to say... Minami Takayama. Though I would need a translator, haha.
    Fictional: Red. No questions there. Anyone from the Tales of Symphonia cast would be nice as well (if it's Mithos for my sake it better be past!Mithos, haha).

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Lets see, my dinner party would look like this.

Stephen Fry
    Adolf Hitler
    Yotsuba Koiwai (had to have 1 factitious character)

Guaranteed a night of interesting conversation.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Real: Bernie Madoff: I'd like to know from the man himself what prompted him to run his scam and what was going through his mine.

Stephen P. Joyce. President and CEO of Quality Inns' parent company.

Fictional: Various heroines of the Pretty Cure anime franchise, including Cure White, Cure Dream, Cure Aqua, Cure Mint, Cure Passion, and my newest favorite, Cure Rhythm! Maybe with some of my favorite villains as well (Moerumba, Kintolesky, Wester). Just hope there isn't a big fight lol

Miror B. from Pokemon XD/Colosseum. Of course there will be a disco dance party afterward; otherwise he might not show up xD

And of course, Leaf from Pokemon FR/LG. I'd love to know what's going on in her mind as she trains her team, since they... don't talk in the games xD

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Alive: Imogen Heap or Emily Haines. I would seriously love to meet either of them, they're two of my favourite musicians. Just to sit down and discuss their music would be a dream come true to me.

Dead: My grandmother, I wish I could have gotten to know her better.

Fictional: Miles Edgeworth. I think we'd have some interesting dinner conversation, haha.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Fictional: Various heroines of the Pretty Cure anime franchise, including Cure White, Cure Dream, Cure Aqua, Cure Mint, Cure Passion, and my newest favorite, Cure Rhythm! Maybe with some of my favorite villains as well (Moerumba, Kintolesky, Wester). Just hope there isn't a big fight lol
    I'd like to be present at this meeting. Especially if Cure Blossom was added to the fray. =P

As for real people, I'll go with Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Cleopatra, Jules Verne, Hitler, Eiichiro Oda, William the Conqueror, Arther Cromwell, Albert Einstein, & Stephen Colbert. All have stories to tell; some good, some not so good. But all worth listening to.

Back