• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Ask a question, get an answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
Years
  • Hey, hows it going. I was reading through the threads when I realized that people where making threads to ask questions so I decided to make this thread where you ask a question that relates to the game and maybe someone will come along and answer it.

So my question is, why is it that sometimes when you throw a poke ball or any ball it sometimes makes a sound like a jet while it travels to the wild pokemon and it goes very fast. When this happens I catch the pokemon in one tick. Do any of you know what this is called or how to do it again. I will try to see if I can post a video of it for those of you who don't know what I am talking about.

Years
  • It's called a "critical capture", and it happens randomly but the actual probability has not yet been calculated.

Most critical captures usually catch the Pokemon successfully but there is still a chance of it escaping from the Poke Ball.

So yeah, question answered!

Drakio

The next youngster Joey!
    Years
  • It's called a "critical capture", and it happens randomly but the actual probability has not yet been calculated.

Most critical captures usually catch the Pokemon successfully but there is still a chance of it escaping from the Poke Ball.

So yeah, question answered!

I got a critical capture on terrakion, but it still escaped. Thanks for the answer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back