• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[T] A Rocket's Diary [IC]

ArceusGPG

The Obscure
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
"Oh look!" Ernest cried with delight. "It's a Pumbloom!"

He jumped out of his seat and interrupted the other conversation like a boss. Ernest pointed to the Wynaut with a jittery finger, laughing like a cat drowning in maple syrup. His belly shook like Santa after fifty caffeinated cups of coffee, and trembled like a happy child in a candy store. The look on his face was the same one that people have after using too many similes- an insane smile, but without the twisted malice commonly found on Karma. His breathing started to become erratic.

Ernest started chewing on his fingers, making loud slobber noises as he did so. Scyke might have been sprayed with a couple droplets of spittle, but he wasn't really paying attention. Who cares about him anyway? He moved himself closer to the two of them, getting eerily close.

"Did I ever tell you guys how I think the Pokemon looks like a potato...?"

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven stared over towards Sckye, Parvati, and Ernest. Steven felt bad for Sckye. One should not go making friends with Parvati. Ernest leapt, made himself look like an idiot, and called a Wynaut, an, um Pumbloon? That isn't even a Pokemon. Steven was extremely confident in his choice of discarding his picture of Ernest. He was stupid. Although, Steven had seen more intricate acts in the movies he had watched. He observed Ernest's babyish movements before butting in, "That's a Wynaut, not a Pumblum or something." Ernest had said it looked like a potato.

How? How did it look like a potato? And how did Ernest get into the E, um his wan't sure what to call it anymore. E8? E7? Well, for him it was the E7? E6? He didn't consider himself part of it. He would do some digging to find out how Ernest got in later. He needed an ally. Namely the person who did it. He was starting to suspect James Tan, but he needed to find him first...

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years

Phase One - Pokemon Bonds

Phase Two - TR Capabilities
Phase Three - ? ? ?
Phase Four - ? ? ?

Target - Get back to the room and listen to the Warden. After that, find your assigned opponent and fight. Once you are done, get back to the cafeteria for briefing. That will be the end of Phase One, and the fun begins. Time to get back on track guys! I'm determined to get this finished, so bear with me!

"Get back to the waiting area in the cafeteria. Now."

The Warden's voice boomed across every corridor in the sector, catching all the E8 members by surprise. He had grown tired waiting for them to get ready, and he wanted to continue as soon as possible.

Before all hell could break loose, the man stormed into the cafeteria, clutching his signature clipboard in his hands. He glared at the E8 and sat down on his chair, flipping through the pages of reports that he had written during the observation phase. In the sea of lousy handwriting, the words somehow managed to appear just fine in the Warden's eyes...

Jasper - Fairly normal during Pokemon battle. Observes the opponent before making moves. Had been holding back/saving his full potential until his Pokemon had enough. Captured the Mudkip. No specific suspicions, but I spot Steven talking to him earlier on through cameras. Note to self - install mic as well to hear sound. Next time they won't be hiding any secrets.

Steven - Interesting find - a Magnet Rise Riolu. Relies on Pokemon to find enemies at first. Uses tactics to stall and lower opponent's stats before striking; isn't stupid. Too nosy - I might have to keep an eye on this one as I'M the one that's going to do research, not this wannabe detective...

Parvati - Some small problems communicating with Pokemon, but it's all good later on. Rather cold when it comes to talking to companion. Seems rather secretive at times, as if she's always on guard. Hm. Noteworthy.

Ernest - Interesting fellow, poor Daycare Lady. Rather funny to watch. A little bit...strange? Was afraid of the Litwick at first. Seems too clumsy to be murderer, but I can't really jump into conclusions right now. Anyone of you guys can be 'it'...

Scyke - Cares his Pokemon, and is a rather obedient person. Organized, determined. Not much to say about him at the moment - he seems rather...normal, as in there are no extremes.

After everyone had sat down (finally)(OOC: If you aren't there, post about sitting down and listening to him in your next post), the Warden cleared his throat and stared into their eyes, one by one. "Reports are done, but I'm not going to let you read it just yet. Karma has somehow vanished as well, and I'd like to know where she is. Anyway, you have one more task before the end of Phase One, and it's fairly straightforward. After all, you need training before Phase Two, which would be more interesting for all of you. The task you are given now is to have a battle with your two new Pokemon against another E8 member. Winning or not doesn't matter. I need to see you in action for...confirmation."

The Warden then looked at his notes and read out the rest. "Steven, you are against Ernest. Parvati, you are against Scyke. Jasper...since you're alone, you can battle one of my weaker Pokemon instead. Come meet me in Arena 3 in ten minutes as I'll have to fetch that thing from my cabinet. For the other two teams, there are two empty rooms neighboring this one that would act as a good arena. There are walls and pillars in the middle for some tactical moves. When you are finished, come back to the cafeteria. I will give you a short briefing before letting you rest for the day. Dismissed."

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

S C Y K E
Scyke looked up at Ernest, not surprised by his comment; he had always looked like the clumsy, stupid one of the E8. A Pumbloom? That was no where near Wafett's real name! And the mock laughing? Scyke just smirked at it. He was used to little gags that was directed at him or at his Pokemon. He grew up through hate in the orphanage; not many remarks affected him anymore. The intervention from Steven however was surprising; Scyke didn't know much him, but definitely appreciated the support. More allies the better.

Before Scyke could say anything however, a sudden, impatient voice filled the cafeteria, followed by footsteps. It was the Warden, obviously. The middle-age looking man found a sit and sat down on it; Scyke followed and did the same. After a minute or two in which the Warden had read through which looked like some kind of a report, he closed the book and started speaking to the whole of the E8.

"Reports are done, but I'm not going to let you read it just yet. Karma has somehow vanished as well, and I'd like to know where she is. Anyway, you have one more task before the end of Phase One, and it's fairly straightforward. After all, you need training before Phase Two, which would be more interesting for all of you. The task you are given now is to have a battle with your two new Pokemon against another E8 member. Winning or not doesn't matter. I need to see you in action for...confirmation."

Karma vanished, huh? Escaping Team Rocket wasn't going to do her too much good; once a student had tried to run away from TR - next day one of the teachers came back, holding his electrocuted numb body and dropping it to the floor. Scyke knew Karma was smart, and that the student from back then was dumb as a Magikarp, so he guessed that Karma's escape would be better, whatever reason she was escaping for. Was she the murderer? Scyke wasn't sure. Sure, she seemed... interesting and kind of crazy but not really seemed like a "murderer" type. So, who else would it be? At least, who seemed like the worst suspect right now? While the Warden babbled on about something, Scyke looked to see the remaining members and do some mini-analyzing.

Ernest looked too dumb and carefree to do any kind of damage. Then again, Ernest could be some kind of psycho who wanted power over everyone in the E8 due to his stupid brain, and so killed that guy. Urgh. Scyke disliked Ernest, but tried to remove his feelings on his thoughts. Steven seemed smart but harmless; Scyke couldn't imagine him killing anyone anytime soon. Jasper was interesting though. Scyke and really everyone else knew that he hated Xarius in the first place, so maybe because of that he killed him? No, that was waay too basic of a motive; Jasper was too smart for that. Scyke continued his little judgement into Parvati, who hadn't even bothered to respond to Scyke when she had approached him for some reason. Her cold eyes gave Scyke a bit of a chill; something about her didn't seem right. She also didn't seem to care about anyone else much, which could be a motive, but then again if she didn't care about anyone else why would she go around killing someone?

In the end, Scyke put it down as Ernest as the killer. It was a bit early to pull a guessing game like that when it was still Phase One, and God knows how many Phases the Warden had planned for all of them, and so Scyke tried to keep his suspects open. He still didn't like Ernest though.

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
"Reports are done, but I'm not going to let you read it just yet. Karma has somehow vanished as well, and I'd like to know where she is. Anyway, you have one more task before the end of Phase One, and it's fairly straightforward. After all, you need training before Phase Two, which would be more interesting for all of you. The task you are given now is to have a battle with your two new Pokemon against another E8 member. Winning or not doesn't matter. I need to see you in action for...confirmation. Steven, you are against Ernest."

Steven looked at Ernest and sighed. He got the Pumblum buffun of them all. Thank god. He stared at the Warden. He did not appear to show any signs of singling Steven out. Steven sighed, and took on a calm persona. It was time to find out what had happened to Kimbou. Steve walked out of the room and sent a fleeting glance after Ernest. Nah. He wasn't much of a threat. Steven just wished he knew what Pokemon he had. The only other thing Steven remembered from the announcement, was Karma was gone. Gone. That just put her higher on his list of the person who did it. But he couldn't worry about her now.

Steven walked down the hallway, headed for Karma's room. Chances were, he would find what burnt and scared Kimbou there. He sent out Kimbou and stared at her. Kimbou stared back and uttered, "Ri?" "Can you take me to Karma's room please?" Kimbou stopped in her tracks and shivered. Steven stared down at her and said, "Here, come onto my shoulder, you'll be safe." Kimbou Magnet Rose up, and "flu" onto Steven's shoulder. He patted her head, and she rubbed against his hand. She crouched ready to attack as they entered Karma's room.

Steven thought he saw a candle light, but it disappeared. He shrugged it off, as it was probably a trick of the light. Karma's room was dark compared to the halls. Kimbou jumped off of Steven's shoulder, and hit the spot where the light was with a Quick Attack. The light grew into a Litwick, and Steven stepped back. The Litwick used Ember, and Kimbou used Counter. It passed right through the Litwick, as it was a ghost type. Steven stepped forward and yelled, "Stop it!" Litwick set its gaze on Steven and used Ember...

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Parvati Patil

When Sckye asked what Pokemon he had caught Parvati shook her head and looked away. Let someone else answer him. After all who didn't know what a Wynaut was. Before she knew it though the warden was back in the room and one by one looked them in the eyes. "Reports are done, but I'm not going to let you read it just yet. Karma has somehow vanished as well, and I'd like to know where she is. Anyway, you have one more task before the end of Phase One, and it's fairly straightforward. After all, you need training before Phase Two, which would be more interesting for all of you. The task you are given now is to have a battle with your two new Pokemon against another E8 member. Winning or not doesn't matter. I need to see you in action for...confirmation."

Parvati nodded looking around at the others noting Karma wasn't there. But she was wondering who she was going to face. "Steven, you are against Ernest. Parvati, you are against Scyke. Jasper...since you're alone, you can battle one of my weaker Pokemon instead. Come meet me in Arena 3 in ten minutes as I'll have to fetch that thing from my cabinet. For the other two teams, there are two empty rooms neighboring this one that would act as a good arena. There are walls and pillars in the middle for some tactical moves. When you are finished, come back to the cafeteria. I will give you a short briefing before letting you rest for the day. Dismissed."

Glancing at Scyke, Parvati laughed in her head. This could be easy, but...I'm not going to underestimate him. "I'll be in the next room" she said coldly standing and walking out without a glance.

ArceusGPG

The Obscure
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
Mr. Trench Coat had finished talking to himself and addressed the dwindling number of E8 members. Something about battling for the gladiatorial tournament or something. Whatever they were doing, Ernest was sure he was paired with Steven, and had to fight him with both of his Pokémon. An easy task, since he didn't have to win or anything. Heck, maybe losing would be better, since it would make him appear as less of a threat. If Steven looked like a brutal fighter, he would look like the murderer.

And if the Warden thinks Steven's the murderer... the case is over. No one is safer, but at least Ernest won't have to feel like a bug under a microscope. There's a reason Ernest calls him Prison Warden- because the guy was creepy, no two ways about it.

Ernest noticed Steven slipping out of the room as soon as the announcement was made. The sneaky little man was doing sneaky little things- sticking his sneaky nose in everyone's privacy.

Speaking of which, Litwick was probably done with her dubious deeds. If he left her alone for too long, she might accidentally set fire to his room or burn his cookie stash. The latter situation would obviously be the least desirable; you can always get another room, but you can't always get another cookie. Years of kitchen duty has taught him that important lesson the hard way.

Grumpy Chick announced simply that she'd "be in the next room" and walked out like she was the coolest thing on two legs. She wasn't because Lickilicky had already taken that esteemed position. Who did she think she was? Some sort of bloodthirsty demon goddess? The nerve of some people.

Ernest, not one to resist a challenge decided to top her meager performance by announcing his exit in an even louder and more confident voice.

"I'm going to go find Steven before he Blue Skidoos into a postcard. I'll see you guys after the battles, okay? I want to meet right here and try and figure out the murderer's identity. I might even have information, so make sure to come to the meeting."

Ernest opened the door, staring into their unimpressed eyes. He slipped out without another word, except "ouch" when the door hit his face as he closed it dramatically.

The jolly good-for-nothing began skipping down the hallway, humming a famous tune related to roads made of bricks that boasted a color that happened to be a primary color related to sunshine. His flab was absolutely fab when it bounced, so he made sure let his little chub jiggle at every opportunity. Parvati had to have noticed the barrel of lard pass by, because he took up half the hallway with his shenanigans.

When he passed by Karma's room to get to his own, he stopped. There was a smell coming from it. It kind of smelled like smoke, but his nose was too stuffed to tell.

Ernest pulled out a small pepper pack from his pocket, ripped it open and threw it into his nose. He held out his hands in a cup to prepare for what was next.

Only a few seconds later, he sneezed out a huge chunk of green mucus into his waiting hands. He hit the jackpot- a wad of snot almost as big as a golf ball. Since the mucus was still dripping and moist, he ran to the wall and began smearing it there, giggling at the funny noises it was making.

Then he wiped his hands on his pants and smelled the air again.

Yup, it smelled like smoke. And where there's smoke... there's usually a smoker. Since Karma usually bites, she was probably inclined to chew rather than smoke. So that meant there was someone else in her room, causing trouble. It was probably Steven the Vegan trying to set fire to the headquarters, y'know, to get rid of the evidence of his crimes... 'cuz he's obviously the criminal responsible for not only the death of Mr. Body, but also whoever was killed rather recently that Ernest was supposed to remember.

Ernest whipped open the door and shouted, "I knew it! You're the murderer!"

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven fell backwards into Ernest, his face searing hot. "Water!" He cried. This was a terrible burn, and it needed to be seen immediately. Damnit! Why did potions only work for Pokemon? Kimbou was still sending random Counters into Litwick. "Or an Rawst Berry! Fast! Curse the stupid Litwick!" His face felt like it was on fire, and Ernest was doing nothing. He got an idea and sent out Sonara. "Sonara, use Icy Wind on my face!" Sonara jumped back, and then saw the red burn, and used Icy Wind. It made Steven's face feel so good. "More..." He said. It was the equivalent of an ice pack. He noticed Sonara shivering, and she stopped.

He face felt good, but then felt bad again. If he didn't get a Rawst Berry or cold water, he was going to blister. And that would not feel good.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
[ Jasper ]

Jasper returned to the cafetaria just as the Warden came in, he quickly grabbed a chair, turned it backwards, and sat down on it. He listened at what the Warden had to say. So Karma disappeared. She should know that there's no running from Team Rocket, not in this region or its neighbour, anyway. And similar teams in other regions had ties with the Rockets. If they wanted her back badly enough, they would. Still, it'd be interesting to see what came out of it. Or it was a trick of the Wardens? But that seemed a little far-fetched, he'd have to bring it up to Johannes next time they spoke.

Still. Battles. Blegh. And he had the toughest opponent too, the Warden himself. He was known to be a ruthless battler. Jasper might have been able to take one of the other E8 (or whatever it was nowadays), or at least he wouldn't've cared about the outcome. In fact, losing might have been the best way to go in that case. But the situation he was in, well, it wouldn't hurt to impress the big guy. Especially if it was as Johannes had said, that the murdered might very well await a nifty promotion.

Arena 3, though. That was quite a big-shot place to have a battle.

Jasper got up from his chair and made for the Arena. It was a bit of a walk, being separate from the make-shift holding area they were in. It was nice not to have to watch his back though. He could relax, if only a little. The E8 were far behind.

Something was wrong. Something felt off.

Jasper could feel it, call it intuition. He was being followed. He'd let his guard down. Just as he looked around he received a sucker punch to the jaw. The force knocked him off-balance and off his feet. He managed to catch most of the impact of his fall with his hands. Bent over on the floor he spat out blood where his teeth had bitten into his cheek.

The assailant came from behind him and twisted one of Jasper's arms behind him painfully. Jasper tried kicking backwards, trying to catch his assailant in the leg but they only twisted his arm more. A handkerchief with the distinct smell of chloroform as pressed tightly against his mouth and nose. There was nothing he could do, thrash and his arm was twisted even more painfully. In six breaths Jasper's vision went tunnel. His lungs were screaming for oxygen and black took over his eyes until he could see no more…

ArceusGPG

The Obscure
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
Ernest put his hand on his forehead, apparently in great pain. It was as if a single voice cried out and was suddenly silenced. What was all that about?

Oh, yes. The guy giving himself face-blisters was screaming. People tend to get louder when they're pain, don't they? So annoying...

Apparently Litwick didn't find anything, or she would have returned to the room. There she was though, standing in the middle of the floor, quietly gazing at the two humans with cold fascination. If Karma had a diary, it certainly wasn't going to be found looking like a fool dripping wax on the ground.

"Litwick, ain't nobody got time to stand around. You nearly gave Steven bronchitis, now apologize."

The candle didn't move. She wasn't too keen on expressing any emotion beyond simple amusement, and Ernest was starting to sound like an annoying buzz; there's only one way to stop an annoying buzz- kill the fly.

A smile flickered across her face, briefly revealing a soul festering with darkness. It was quickly disguised with her waxen mask, the frozen face of uncaring. Ernest never even saw the danger in her expression, nor the mortal danger he was in. Maybe if he were better at reading fire Pokémon emotions, he might have noticed the flame atop her head quivering violently- the most obvious sign of contained fury.

Ernest grabbed his Poké Ball and held it out like a police badge. "Return, Litwick!"

A beam of light absorbed her, sending the candle back into her capsule. Then he turned his attention to Steven, who had his face burnt and immediately frozen afterward. Rather than assisting him or anything humane like that, he just walked away.

"Meet in Arena One after you're done being a baby."

Not even bothering to see his reaction Ernest turned around and began walking to the correct room, giggling to himself imagining what Steven might look like when his face is all ugly.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven was mortified. Ernest did not do anything? His face felt terrible! Ernest turned around and called him a baby! Ernest and his stupid Litwick were evil. He would win, crush him. He had to get to the medicine room and get the Rawst berry.

Steven stood up, holding his face. He dashed out of the room, as his face hurt at lot. Kimbou and Sonara raced after him. He arrived in the medicine room, and fished through the drawers. No Rawst berries! There was a burn heal, and he took that out, spraying it over his face. It only made the burning worse, and he got some in his eyes.

Above the drawers there was a mirror. Steven looked at the mirror in horror as he saw his face. It was very red, with blisters everywhere. Ice was sprayed on his face, and it had a blue tinge. Now a Rawst berry wouldn't help that much. But it would prevent more blisters. He cursed and opened the next drawer. It was full of berries.

Sonara jumped up to help him find a Rawst berry, and Kimbou Magnet Rose up to examine his face. Kimbou leaned close up to him and touched his face. Steven shrieked and jumped back, that spot on his face burning. Oh, he would get Kimbou back for that... Sonara sliced open a Rawst berry and sprayed it towards Steven, getting it on Kimbou also.

Steven's face felt amazing. He looked in the mirror. His face was still blistered, but some of the blisters he disappeared. Oh he would be mocked... But he didn't care. Well, he wouldn't let it show anyway. God, he hated that guy. He would get Ernest back...

Steven returned Kimbou and Sonara back to their Pokeballs. He walked out of the room and slowly made his way to the battle room steeling himself for people's remarks.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Jenna

Jenna looked in the mirror, one of the only things of interest in her small room. She had spent possibly the past half hour brushing her fringe with an old comb. She wasn't vain, just after spending a considerable amount of time hibernating in her room, her fringe has got out of place. She looked at the ugly scar across her eye before finally getting her hair to cover it. She just hoped it will stay, she will get enough questions today. It was technically her fault, she refused to respond when phase 1 began. And she got a pokeball sent to her room, she missed out on choosing. Her pokemon, a Scraggy called Scraps named as he was technically the leftovers of the pokemon available. People normally don't like the scraps, Jenna felt the same about Scraps. Scraps was currently sleeping under the table, avoiding Jenna. After putting the last wristbands over her netted gloves she nodded.
"Scraps come on" Jenna said, the Scraggy failed to respond "I said come, you worthless piece of junk" The Scraggy rushed to Jenna's feet. "If you just got in that stupid pokeball..." Jenna muttered. She walked nervously our her room, but not getting too far down the corridor rushed back to her room. She grabbed the knife off her desk and slid it in her sock. 'Great' she thought 'More things to make me seem suspicious' After some guessing she managed to find the Warden's office. She took a breath and knocked. Things are about to start.

ArceusGPG

The Obscure
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
Ernest had been daydreaming again. Bad Ernest. He gave himself a pinch and a poke to wake himself up, promising himself that he would go buy a soft drink later today, if he ever got the chance. He had no idea how long he had been standing there, drooling, staring at the blank wall. It felt like days, as if forced into inactivity because of his active imagination.

No, that wasn't it. He was just waiting to hear some of the comments that Steven would receive for being so hideous, but apparently everyone in Team Rocket is too nice to do that. Maybe they would stop being nice after the battles. Thinking about strategically brutalizing animal violence can really wear on the ol' noggin, especially if you're fighting with your rivals.

Juanito put a finger to his chin thoughtfully. Was Steven a rival of his? Would this battle be personal to him, just because he stuck his face in Litwick's fire?

Nah, Steven wasn't worth getting mad at. He was just a whiny kid that got lucky with a levitating Riolu. Big whup, the thing can float. Ralts could probably float too, if she wanted to.

Ernest wasn't really sure what Ralts would be like. He assumed it would just be a regular weak ol' Pokémon with an undeveloped- uh- plain personality, since Litwick already had enough personality. It was the law of averages or something.

Ernest sighed. He wanted to skip this stupid step, since he'd never battled before and it looked boring. Sure, it might be exciting to see explosions and drama, but it was no fun if all he had was an overgrown candle and a... weird green thing with a dress. That sounded more like a Halloween dance party than a clash of dueling titans.

He came to the battling room that was marked with a giant "One" and the numeral underneath, just in case the members of Team Rocket were too stupid too read. Ernest was tempted to try and erase the 1, just to see if Steven could still find the right room. But that would just make the day drag on even longer- something no one wants.

Ernest opened the door and stepped inside. It was kinda dim, so Ernest let Litwick out to light up the room.

He could hear a tiny voice whining in his ear, telling him what to do. Some psychic must not have wanted him to send her out first. Maybe it was Ralts. He was probably itching to fight first to prove his worth. Yeah, that was it.

"I can do what I wanna!" he shouted to whoever that voice belonged to. No one was going to push him around.

Ernest began pacing around the room, bobbing and weaving between the pillars, waiting for his opponent. He would come; he had to. When he did, even if he ended up losing, he would at least try to win. What else could he do? Lose?

Nope. That would make him a suspect. Then maybe the Warden would suggest that it was him in the private room with a knife. Too bad for him, he had the knife card and the knife itself.

Ernest stopped for a moment, realizing that his own thoughts made absolutely no sense. Ah, who cares? They never did anyway.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven rushed down the hallway, realizing that he was late for the battle. He held his face to keep the lazy eye away. He would have to face Ernest though. But Ernest was no Karma.

Steven flung open the door to the room, and found Ernest drooling inside. There was a long strand of spit going down his cheek. Steven suppressed laughter, and said, "Well, I'm here." He did not wait for a response, sending out Sonara.

"Ready to lose?"

ArceusGPG

The Obscure
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
"Ready to lose?" Steven asked.

Of course Ernest was ready to lose. He was ready to win too, which was the more favorable outcome. Juanito Gordito was prepared for anything; he was the swiss army knife of humanity, without being sharp because sharp objects are dangerous.

When Steven sent out his ice monster, a hearty laugh erupted from his throat, thoroughly amused by the teen's foolishness. He just saw him with a fire type, so why was he starting out with a disadvantage? Was he just a fool?

Yup, that's it. Only a fool would admit to being the murderer. Look at the way he sent out his ice type, just the way a murderer would. If that didn't spell suspicious, then he would need the letter P to complete the word, because that's the letter Ernest can't type without laughing. It's not his fault- it's all because of his immaturity.

"Alright, I choose my candle-thing. Go get 'im, Litwick! Oh, or her. Whatever it is; I don't want to check."

Litwick gave Ernest a look that can only be described as a combination of annoyance and a creepy, out-of-place grin. Ernest didn't even notice; he didn't need to.

Litwick gave a silent sigh and waddled over toward the center of the room and stood there, waiting for Sneasel to make the first move.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Suddenly, Steven's Pokeball started to shake. The lock broke, and Kimbou appeared in front of Sonara blocking her off from the Litwick. Steven grimaced. Losing your first battle with it was not the way to win a Lucario. But he supposed that if he didn't let him go, he would be angry.

Steven leaned down and whispered, "But you don't know any moves that will effect him." Kimbou tilted her head and motioned towards her right hand. Steven sighed. She didn't understand! This would never work. He also didn't think that the Warden was going to let them catch another another Pokemon. SO much for his plan. He needed to make a new one.

Kimbou growled in frustration and her hand steeled over, quickly smashing Steven's arm into the floor. He whimpered and said, "You learn Bullet Punch... Nice?" His arm hurt, but it was just a bruise. "Sorry, Sonara, return. Go Kimbou!"

Steven almost felt bad about returning Sonara. He hadn't paid much attention to her. He couldn't tell if she was hurt or not. He would figure it out. Whatever.

ArceusGPG

The Obscure
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
The kid kept switching Pokémon, like an ignorant student after given a multiple-choice test. Apparently his Riverloo or whatever wanted to battle instead, and punched him to prove his point. Okay. That means that Riogoo is an independent thinker, probably ignoring his trainer's orders.

That's a weakness. If an opponent has a weakness, exploit it. Time to skin and boil this potato.

"Hey, Steve! Changing Pokémon in the middle of the battle is cheating! Send your Reochu back!"

If Stevey-boy refuses, then he looks like a cheater and thus a lot more like a murderer; it would demonstrate that he's willing to compromise the rules for his own gain. If he agrees, then the trainer and Pokémon will become divided, since Ramu wants to stay and fight. This would turn the tide of battle in Ernest's favor. He's stuck now.

Ernest allowed himself the pleasure of smiling as he pointed his grubby finger accusingly at his opponent. Then he expelled some pent-up gas and laughed, thoroughly amused by the tone it produced.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven looked at the dumb guy. He didn't even feel like calling him Ernest anymore. Since when was it "against the rules to switch Pokemon in the middle of a battle"? He hadn't even chosen Sonara to battle. He had simply sent her out. All he said was, "Ready to lose?"

Steven vocalized what he was thinking, "Since when was it 'against the rules to switch Pokemon in the middle of a battle'? I hadn't even chosen Sonara to battle. I had simply sent her out, and said, 'Ready to lose?' So if you want to make up your own rules, be my guest."

Steve suspected dumb boy had never battled before. That was a good thing to know. "Kimbou, I choose you." He said that emphasizing the choose, "I never said that I chose Sonara."

ArceusGPG

The Obscure
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
"Aha! I knew it! Cheater! Cheater! CHEATER!"

Ernest began dancing around the room chanting his new favorite word. Then he began circling the field shouting, "See Warden? He's a cheater! Murdering cheater!"

He spun in frenzied circles, whooping and hollering like a fool. And though he had the grace of a decapitated chicken, he was still able (barely) to keep himself upright as he spun at an incredibly fast rate. He bumped into the pillars and bounced off them elastically, looking like a ball in a pinball machine.

Then he suddenly stopped and pointed a shaking finger at Steven.

"Litwick! Use Ember on Kimba and the cheater!"

Litwick didn't move. She never even looked at Ernest or the enemy. She just stood there, remaining absolutely still, except for the dark flame above her head, which moved on its own.

"What are you doing Litwick? Go kick their butts. You like doing that, don't you?"

Litwick, instead of responding, dramatically collapsed on the ground, holding her hand to her forehead like a drama queen. Keeping a sneer on her face, she looked at her trainer, as if to say, "what are you going to do about it?".

Ernest wouldn't tolerate it. "Look at that, Zoo Warden! Stevie Wonder just attacked my monster before the battle started. That's cheating! He's a cheater! Cheeeeeeeater!"

Returning Litwick into her Poké Ball, he threw the other capsule into the air. In a beam of red light, Ralts appeared. Holding his head up high and his arms out, as if defending his trainer, he stood, waiting for the first attack.

"Try and beat this monster then, cheater."

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven sighed. "I haven't attack your Litwick yet, and don't go calling me a cheater when you just switched out." Did this boy understand anything? Steven didn't care honestly. The only problem was the match-up. He was not doing well that way.

Steven called out, "Try a Bullet Punch Kimbou." Again, Kimbou's hand steeled over. He had a look of hatred towards Ernest. Probably because Ernest had switched out his enemy. Kimbou's anger fueled the attack.

Kimbou lept off of the ground, and flew downwards towards Kirlia. Her speed made her attack all the more powerful. There was practically no way Kirlia could dodge that. Steven watched in anticipation.

Back