• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity's Official Doctor Who Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
I wonder if the Angels will have the same music as before... Or a similar sounding thing...
I bought the DW soundtracks and after a couple of days I deleted that track. It would come on and I'd remember the episode and become terrified again. XD

I'll watch the trailer tomorrow later today. ^_^
xX

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Perhaps not the best time... I don't want to see the Lonely Assassins just before I go to sleep.

The new executive producer is the guy who wrote the scary stories... Steven Moffat, I think...

It'll probably get a lot scarier now. He wrote Blink, so it's natural he'd reuse his monsters.

xX

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Rose and Donna wouldn't have let the Doctor do something as foolish as fall in love with Joan Redfern while he was a human. I always found them stronger and more likeable characters.

Plus they don't make a fuss about being engaged to a hunky man then suddebly for no reason end up married to someone else with no mention of her supposed fiance. =_=

xX

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
If I read right, Moffat is also good at making funny episodes. He wrote the Comic Relief parody - The Curse of Fatal Death - I saw it on the net the other day and I found it very funny. It'll probably be on Youtube somewhere too.

So for all we know, we could see some rather comedic episodes to come too.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
If I read right, Moffat is also good at making funny episodes. He wrote the Comic Relief parody - The Curse of Fatal Death - I saw it on the net the other day and I found it very funny. It'll probably be on Youtube somewhere too.

I've seen that too. It's great! According to Wikipedia, Steven Moffat used to write sitcoms, so there will probably be some funny lines in his scripts.

Also, I think that River Song was in that trailer but with different hair.

And there are rumors that Neil Gaiman has written an episode! Neil Gaiman! If you don't know who that is, he wrote Coraline and Stardust and American Gods. He's practically a god himself, of the fantasy genre.

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
Years

I was totally going to watch that trailer until I saw this.
I have literally frozen in fear in my chair at the very thought of it. They cannot bring back the Weeping Angels. Those two disgraced timelords kneeling like that in the last episode was enough to scare me terribly, and then there was that two second clip in DW Confidential...
I actually can't watch Blink again, and I certainly never want to watch a new episode starring those terrifying creatures. I've barely stopped having nightmares since last time! D=

Words cannot describe how terrified I am of them. My hands are shaking now just at the prospect of seeing them again! I mean, Blink was enough to make me scared of the dark again; scared of not being able to see what's nearby and I jump ten feet in the air if the lights suddenly go out, especially if I'm on my own.
I mean, I can feel my heart rate rising and tears beginning to form behind my eyes, I'm that terrified.

What am I going to do? Skip an episode of Doctor Who? I can't do that! But at the same time, I really can't watch more Weeping Angels. I mean, I really. Can't. Ever again.
It sounds stupid, I know. And I've seen the men behind the masks, the behind the scene stuff. I know it's not real... And it's silly to be so terrified by a simple quantum locked alien... But I just can't help it.

I don't even have David Tennant on screen to comfort me anymore... ;_;

When I heard DT was leaving, I had doubts about whether I'd enjoy series 5 as much. When I saw a picture of Eleven, my doubts grew.
Now I know about this...
Well, I definitely know it won't be as enjoyable. ;_;

xX

Yeah I know, I still jumped watching that episode a second time knowing what was coming and when :x.
Also here's a screenshot of the angles from the trailer.
Still scary.
Spoiler:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
Blink terrified me too. D; I remember watching the episode whilst home alone, and when the lights started flashing near the end, someone came home through the back door and the fish tank light simultaneously flickered. .___.;

ArcanineOod

DESU.
Years
Glad to see I'm not the only one... Not that I'm glad you lot are scared, of course! XD

Against better judgement, I opened that spoiler. I'd already seen the trailer. I thought that perhaps if I looked at it, it would be like immersion therapy. Look at it long enough and it won't seem so scary.
I was wrong ;_;

Now I'm terrified again. If I ever meet Steven Moffat, I will punch him. Not very hard, of course. Just perhaps on the arm or the shoulder, then explain how much his creations have traumatised me. I will make him apologise.

This brings me onto a new topic:
I personally really want to meet Russell T Davies and give him a big hug and thank him endlessly for reviving DW. But there are some DW fans who absolutely hate him and think he should be crucified or whatever for destroying DW.
Where do you lot stand?

xX

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
Years
I've started buying box sets (DT ones first) since they apparently said Series 5 was going to be called Series 1. My Series 2 box set finally arrived yesterday a week after I ordered it (With the weather, it's understandable). And I just so happened to watch said episode in which xXI Joe IXx mentioned. I can see what you mean with it, I still miss him ;_;

I do plan on getting 3 and 4 and then the specials - maybe Series 1 before these due to what I mentioned above, for all I we know - it could mean the existing Series 1 could be phased out for it.

Also, I've started getting into the older Who's - with Peter Davison being one of the Doctors growing on me in particular. I may start getting some of the older DVDs as villains wise I thought ones such as The Rani was actually pretty awesome :3

Any news on a proper air date for Series 5? (I refuse to name it Series 1 >.>) or is it still just Spring 2010?

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 18, 2015
Well I don't particularly care what season they call it. It is a new writer / directer / w/e.

Doctor Who
Doctor Who 2005
Doctor Who 2010

Sounds a lot more futuristic.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Russell T Davies made The Doctor's character more interesting by killing off the Time Lords, because that made him more vulnerable and emotional. But I think that if The Doctor keeps talking about the Time War, it will lose its emotional impact. I hope that Steven Moffat's episodes don't reference the Time War too much, but I think that some other bad thing should happen to The Doctor which will take his character in another direction. Like he could adopt a space puppy who gets killed by Davros.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Well, I don't like the old ones as much, Russell did a great job of reviving the series.
Also, quick thing, I just watched David Tennants first episode, he was so much more funny than he was in others!
Seriously guys, watch this
"AI DON'T KNOOOOW!"
Lul..
Well, I do think that The Doctor did get more lonely and moar sad as the episodes went on =/

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
AI ALSO DONT KNOOOOOW!!!!

Yeah, seems he did.
He started to get Miserable after Rose left.

Classic, I'm gonna Miss Tennant :(
Yes, well Rose was probably the companion he felt most comfortable with, the other he tried to avoid after Rose had gone =/
Lawl, marmalade =3

Emotion.

Mentally Burning Rainbow.
Years
I never did love Rose like everyone else did, maybe because I started watching on Martha's serise, and have only seen Rose on random episodes on Watch :l.
Speaking of watch, just watched Smith and Jones and Gridlocked on Watch. Why did the face of Boe have to die D:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
I never did love Rose like everyone else did, maybe because I started watching on Martha's serise, and have only seen Rose on random episodes on Watch :l.
Speaking of watch, just watched Smith and Jones and Gridlocked on Watch. Why did the face of Boe have to die D:
Because the face of Boe is Captain Jack and he lives for... O_O over a million years [amirite?]
[If not /shot]

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Well that's the theory, but Capt. Jack is 'Immortal' now, so if he is the face of Boe how did he die D:?
He died of old age, simple as that..
I mean, unless, oh yeah, he was ill, by something, and he died.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Well that's the theory, but Capt. Jack is 'Immortal' now, so if he is the face of Boe how did he die D:?

If you convert all of your energy just to keep an entire planet locked and to keep people alive, then you wouldn't feel too great. Perhaps his immortality is now converted into the computers, to give them power, to get everything back up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back