• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Would a YouTube thread be a violation of the forum rules??

Years
Hey PokeCommunity, absolutely LOVING the forum, you're all so nice (so far ;) ) and welcoming.

I know that, as most forums do, PC is quite strict on 'advertising', especially where joining the forum with the explicit and/or exclusive intention of advertising is concerned and I know that 'YouTube' falls under this.

I was wondering (if such a place didn't exist already) if just one, exclusive, small corner of the forum COULD potentially be dedicated solely to this.

Primarily I think it is true that those who violate the rules and spam the forum obviously are always going to exist and potentially stifling expression through YouTube plain and simply doesn't stop them from behaving irrationally.

However secondly, I feel like YouTube has an enormous potential to accelerate and consolidate individuals' passion for pokemon and almost establish a Vid community around it if an already strong member forum has a channel to observe and interact with this through the PC medium itself.

Maybe it is encouraging of advertising, but I don't think that's inherently a bad thing if it is supplementing the broader PC experience. Some collabs between users would be absolutely incredible and I would hate to miss an opportunity like that!

Please feel free to reply in your own time and like I said, if I've missed such a thread existing already please disregard :)

Absolutely loving the forum by the way!

Jak

daяk εco frεak
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2014
As far as doing walkthroughs, Let's Plays, and such go, there's the Let's Play subforum in Video Gaming for that. There's also a media showcase for songs and videos and such that is in General Entertainment. But like Yuki's Sword said, anything apart from that, you'd need to speak with Antemortem about. Or even ZachLMedia, because YouTube is a site so it'd probably be better in his forum.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I believe we used to have one in the Technology section, but it was taken down for some reason...probably because of spam. Of course, it was back in the day. Since YT is more geared towards the internet, then you should probably ask the mod of Technology & Internet, which is ZachLMedia and see if that thread could be revived again. :3

But then again, YT is very broad and videos such as LP's and song covers belong in other sections such as GE and Video Games, so that's another thing you should keep in mind. ;)

Reactions: Jak
Years
Since I see people referring to me and my section, I thought I'd step in on the matter. Back in the day, T&I was better known as Computers & Technology, and it had two subsections. One of which was entitled "Life, The Universe, and Everything", which is where topics like that went. We did have a topic like that here, and it just naturally died out apparently. And if y'all want me to remake it, then I guess I could as long as no one uses it to advertise their channel/videos or abuse it.

Reactions: Jak
Back