• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Craziest Cheat you've heard of.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    The craziest cheat I've ever seen... I really don't think it's appropriate to post on here o_O

Okay, second and third craziest:

HOW TO CATCH DIGIMON IN G/S/C (I actually fell for this too :dead: )

Find a pokemon that looks like/resembles a Digimon (Charmander = Agumon, Meowth = Gatomon, etc). Catch the pokemon, then press down, left, A and B. If you go to Goldenrod city there will be a new building called the Digital House. Go inside and all the Digimon tamers (Tai and all those other people) will be there. Go upstairs and all their Digimon will be there. Go up to one you want, talk to him, and he'll say "You look nice. Will you be my partner?" Say "yes" and you have yourself a Digimon.

There was another crazy cheat about a hidden whirl island, a talking suicune, and "Death Dragon", but I don't remember how it goes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    Catch 100 caterpies and train them all to lvl 15 but don't let it evolve. Then put 99 of them in you pokemon storage system and put 1 caterpie in your party. Train it to lvl 20 and let it evolve and it will evolve into a Mew. :dead: :D

Alana

I still love this world...
    Years
  • I made up a cheat for Emerald because I was bored but I haven't been able ot get anyone to try it yet. ^_^

Call your rival 250 from the same spot. Just keep calling and calling. When he/she picks up on the 251 call he'll/she'll say, "Stop calling me already!" an hang up. You call him/her once more and he/she will ask you where you are and you'll tell him/her. He/she will then say, "Stay there." Then your rival will walk up to you and say, "Let's battle. If I win then I get to erase my number from your Pokenav and you never call or talk to me again. If you win yo can call me all you want." And then you battle. If you lose you'll never hear from or see your rival again and won't be able to call him/her because their number will have been deleted. If you win then your rival will beg you not to call so much and promise to give you something if you don't call them again until you become the champion. He'll/she'll ask if you agree. If you say no then he'll/she'll leave slowly and nothing will happen. If you say yes then don't call him/her until you become champion. If you do he'll/she'll say you broke your word and now he/she won't give you anything. But if you don't then when you become the champ and your rival appears to congradulate you he'll/she'll say, "Well you kept your word. So here is what I promised you." Then he'll/she'll hand you an egg that'll hatch into a level five Rukario.

Yeah I know it's a bad cheat. But I was bored and just calling my rival again and again for no reason and I just came up with it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Oh....there was a LONG one that started out with a magikarp named Gannondorf XD

And then there was one about trading a togepi egg for an oddish and it'd hatch into a greenepi XD I tried that one o.o'

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • It's for emerald...(fell for it :dead:)

Beat the Elite four two times all entirely with only the old 150 pokemon then go to Birch and he will give you a Charmander, Squirtle or a Bulbasaur. -.-;;

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~

Ribbon Mint Echo!
    Years
  • Here's one I made up:

Go to the Desert in Route 111. The sandstorm will stop, and then a large oasis appears. You visit the Oasis and someone says that you are in Phenac City in Orre. You complain, saying that you were in Hoenn, so that person challenges you to a battle. If you lose, he will take you to the bottom of the sea, If you win, you will take him to the bottom of the dirt.
    Go back to Hoenn, but when you reach your house in Littleroot, you are in Pallet Town and the same thing with New Bark!

Chiru

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    There's one really crazy cheat for getting Missingno in yellow version. I've never tried it.

You have to go to your house and talk to your mom 80 times. After you've done that, you have to walk ALL THE WAY to Saffron city. (you cannot fly). Once you reach Saffron, you go to Sabrina and talk to her 50 times. Then you walk back to Cerulean, go into that house that was robbed, stand on one of the seats that are out of place, and press B. Then you fly to Fuschia, go to the man in the beach house, and talk to him 30 times. Fly to viridian city and to the missigno. cheat. It should work.

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Um. Made up this one (For R/S), or heard, can't remember. It's for catching Kyogre in Ruby and Groudon in Sapphire:
    After catching Groudon/Kyogre, train it to LV100.
    Beat Elite 4 with it and other Ground or Fire, or Ground/Fire (doubletype Pokemon), but not other Pokemon!
    Or if you have Kyogre, beat them with pure Water Pokemon + Kyogre.
    Make it (Groudon/Kyogre) as your leader Pokemon.
    Go to the Sky Pillar and run from all battles.
    After you reach Rayquaza, catch it.
    If playing Ruby, go to Sootopolis city; If Sapphire, Lavaridge city.
    Get Rayquaza be in a box, and release it.
    Exit Pokemon Center.
    Press Select 3 times.
    Go to Pokemon Center, let Groudon/Kyogre be in a box.
    Release it.
    If you're in Lavaridge city, Rayquaza will grab you, and you fly with Rayquaza to Sootopolis.
    Battle of Groudon vs Kyogre will begin.
    Legendary that is exclusive to your version will win.
    If Kyogre loses, Groudon knocks it to the bottom of the sea.
    If Groudon loses, Kyogre headbutts it so it flies to a rock and crumbles it, then Groudon repairs it so it sits here.
    White flash of light.
    Groudon/Kyogre and Rayquaza's heads will be jumping like jellys on top of Pokemon Center.
    White flash of light.
    Rayquaza and Groudon/Kyogre are back in boxes.
    Search for the rocks/very bottom of the sea.
    If it's Groudon, there are those wild Pokemon:
    Slugma LV29-45
    Magcargo LV30-48
    Magmar LV40-41 (RARE)
    Anorith LV30-39 (RARE)
    Cyndaquil LV5 (Only one, if you chosen fire starter)
    Chikorita LV5 (Only one, if you chosen grass starter)
    Totodile LV5 (Only one, if you chosen water starter)
    If it's Kyogre, there are those wild Pokemon:
    Carvanha LV29-45
    Sharpedo LV 35-44
    Mantine LV 38-44 (RARE)
    Lileep LV 30-39 (RARE)
    Charmander LV5 (Only one, if you chosen fire starter)
    Bulbasaur LV5 (Only one, if you chosen grass starter)
    Squirtle LV5 (Only one, if you chosen water starter)

Long, eh?

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
  • Here's some that were circulating around my class several years ago:

In either the safari zone or seafoam islands, there is a hidden stone called the mist stone that will evolve any pokemon (even final stage ones). Every time you take a step, it changes location, and itemfinder won't pick it up. Basically you go around pressing A and hoping to find this thing. Someone had even made up names for uber-evolutions. The only one I remeber is charcoal.

Another cheat was that if before you preform the missingno trick you talk to oak, when you surf for missingno you will run into Oak and he will battle you. I forget what else is supposed to happen.

The last one I remeber is to get cut from another game and not go on the S.S. Anne. Then, when you have surf, go onto the small dock right before the ship. Surf around it, and there will be an island. There will be a truck on the island you can move with strengh. Under it is a pokeball with mew in it.

o.o;;

Jolty-kun

Years
  • Heres just a quick one XD

First of all, you hafta get 6 butterfrees in your team, train them all to level 100, complete the pokemon league like.. 20 times, and when you do, something will happen, and out of nowhere, you will get 5 free shiny colored butterfrees..

Kinda stupid, eh?

Chiru

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    ActOnThat said:
    Here's some that were circulating around my class several years ago:

In either the safari zone or seafoam islands, there is a hidden stone called the mist stone that will evolve any pokemon (even final stage ones). Every time you take a step, it changes location, and itemfinder won't pick it up. Basically you go around pressing A and hoping to find this thing. Someone had even made up names for uber-evolutions. The only one I remeber is charcoal.

Ah, the Mist Stone fake cheat! I beleive I heard something about you could use it to evolve Venusaur into Sapasaur, blastoise into Rainer, Charizard into Charcoalt, and Mewtwo into Mewthree, but it's not true :(

As for the whole mew-under-truck thing, I've actually done a "fly" code on a gameshark and flown to where the truck was supposed to be. There really IS a truck there, but you can't move it and mew isn't under it. It really doesn't do anything, it's just a cute little easter egg I guess ^^;

Act

Let's Go Rangers!
    Years
  • I have more.

There was one in which you nicknamed the magicarp you buy from that dude 'Mew' and when it reaches level 20, it will eveolve into a mew XD

There was also this big myth about the pokerus, that it would glitch the mail system and you wouldn't be able to use the PCs anymore. People thought it was an actual computer virus as opposed to an actual in-game non-glitch illness.

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
  • The craziest cheats I had heard of was the classic "Mew in the truck" and "Glitch City". "Mew in the truck" was only part true...there is a truck, but no Mew...and "Glitch City" was awesome as well. But I was stuck there until I used fly. Thank god for Articuno...

alakazamisbest

how sad is that?
    Years
  • the stupidest and craziest cheat was to release all your pokemon and keep magikarp then save your game and you will have all the legendary pokemon from all the games and you will have infinite Rare Candies.

Sylver

Peacekeeper.
    Years
  • Oh I know many cheats o.0 but I'll post only one:
    supercheats.com said:
    Hey got all 151 and want more well come to magic ave. Well just read: Go to vermillian city well the city with all the stuff go to the boat well beat Pokemon leage first and go to island one talk to cillio and you have to find the ruby and the magnificent sapphire but you need MORE than sixty Pokemon and go to mt.ember and go to the left and battle the two rocket members beat them go in the cave they are blocking go down and left now get the ruby now get the rainbow ticket go to island six and go to the small icecave and in the small left door and get past the puzzle of ice get waterfall teach it to a Pokemon go up the one in the main room and go up and go on the ladder battle one guy and now leave the cave and go to island seven go down and follow ruin path go to the dotted cave and use cut on it finally go in go trough and their it is but get it fast oh to slow the scientist go it go to island five and go down the rocket ware house and get through and beat some people and now the scintist SAVE and battle, win and get the sapphire go to island one talk to cillio and now in any Pokemon center you can trade from ruby sapphire emerald and I think thats it and bada-boob-a-batta-bing-ding-long-ding-ding and that, that is the trick it works I SWEAR IT WORKS!!! And see-ya next time.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Hm the one I heard about had to do with some getting all stars on your trainer card and then being able to get launched into space on it's 50th launch.

Skarmorylugia

The Skarmory-Obsessed Girl
    Years
  • ActOnThat said:
    I have more.

There was one in which you nicknamed the magicarp you buy from that dude 'Mew' and when it reaches level 20, it will eveolve into a mew XD

There was also this big myth about the pokerus, that it would glitch the mail system and you wouldn't be able to use the PCs anymore. People thought it was an actual computer virus as opposed to an actual in-game non-glitch illness.

I fell for the Magikarp one. :dead: Man, was I stupid...

Skarmorylugia

The Skarmory-Obsessed Girl
    Years
  • ActOnThat said:
    I have more.

I fell for the Magikarp one. :dead: Man, was I stupid...

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Oh yeah, I think also this one about me being able to catch Latias in Ruby Version by going out into the middle of the ocean or something lol...that's gullable for ya XD

mew_master

(don't)ignore paranthesees
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2005
    the stupidest one i've heard:

beat the elite four 5000000000000 times using a metapod only on crystal. then go into the water and throw away a water stone, then within 45 seconds fly to a pokemon center, go to a box, and release a pokemon that's water stone compatible like eevee. then save, turn off, turn on and buy a charcoal from the azelea town mart, when you're in the process of saving turn the power off and turn it back on. start a new game, and you should have the pokemon you released, a water stone in your bag, and the pokemon should be holding a charcoal. you'll also have all of the legendary pokemon at level 200.

too bad that there isn't even 5000000000000 seconds in your life.

Back