• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver Newbie RMT Help!

Years
  • So I'm (obviously) a newer Pokémon player, and I wanted some advice for my SoulSilver team. I'm not overly far into the game (I just recently beat Pryce) but I wanted to see how my team looks so far. I know everyone on here is helpful, so I figured I'd ask around here! ^_^

Roxanne (Pidgeotto)
    Level 23
    Naughty nature
    Keen Eye ability
    -U-turn
    -Roost
    -Twister
    -Quick Attack

Notes: There's a big chance she will be replaced. If you have any recommendations as to what to replace her with, PLEASE let me know.

Eevee
    Level 24
    Relaxed nature
    Run Away ability
    Item: Shell Bell
    -Quick Attack
    -Tackle
    -Helping Hand
    -Sand-Attack

Notes: Eevee will be evolved into Flareon as I've always been at a lack of fire types.

Togepi
    Level 24
    Rash nature
    Hustle ability
    Item: Everstone
    -Rock Smash
    -Headbutt
    -Extrasensory
    -Shadow Ball

Notes: I cannot replace Togepi, as it is my favorite Pokémon out of all 649. However, moveset replacements are needed!

Leighton (Croconaw)
    Level 25
    Adamant nature
    Torrent ability
    -Ice Fang
    -Bite
    -Water Gun
    -Cut

Notes: Again, no replacing, because he's my starter. Also, I'm ashamed of having Cut on him; when I needed it at first he was the only one who could learn it. What other Pokémon should I put it on, or should I just not bother?

Killer (Gyarados)
    Level 26
    Docile nature
    Intimidate ability
    Item: Soothe Bell
    -Strength
    -Surf
    -Payback
    -Dragon Rage

Notes: Killer is my beast. He's very easy to level up and use in all battles. I'd prefer not to replace him, however if there's anything I could do better, please let me know.

Teena (Ampharos)
    Level 31
    Bold nature
    Static ability
    -ThunderPunch
    -Charge
    -ThunderShock
    -Thunder Wave

Notes: I overleved Teena before battling Pryce, and so she currently sits happily at the back of my party ready to jump into action when needed. Again, she is one I could replace if needed. I'm quicker to get rid of her than Killer, however.

That's my team so far, and I really do need input! I'm looking for different moveset changes and if necessary, team changes. Please and thank you!
    ~Dakota

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Hi there! :D I hope this helps in anyway, and I hope my explainations aren't too stupid. ^_^
    Roxanne (Pidgeotto)
    Level 23
    Naughty nature
    Keen Eye ability
    -U-turn
    -Roost
    -Twister
    -Quick Attack

Aerial Ace would be a big help on her because of STAB and the fact that they generally are stronger with physical attacks. U-Turn is good for getting out of sticky situations, as is Roost. And Quick Attack is good for when you need to get a quick hit in, but don't be afraid to replace it with a stronger move. Oops, can't believe I forgot Fly, but it is also a physical move; however, it has a little less accuracy and takes a delayed turn, but it is powerful.

Eevee
    Level 24
    Relaxed nature
    Run Away ability
    Item: Shell Bell
    -Quick Attack
    -Tackle
    -Helping Hand
    -Sand-Attack
    Well, unfortunately there is not much to Eevee until it evolves. Flareon has ridiculously high Attack, but its Special Attack isn't horrible, so mixing up its moves isn't a bad idea. I'd recommend at least Fire Fang. But it has such a diverse move pool that includes Shadow Ball, Will-o-Wisp, Toxic, Overheat, Flamethrower...that the rest should be up to you.

Togepi
    Level 24
    Rash nature
    Hustle ability
    Item: Everstone
    -Rock Smash
    -Headbutt
    -Extrasensory
    -Shadow Ball
    Again, such a diverse moveset. I'd focus on Special Attacking moves to make the best of its power. Shadow Ball is definitely a good fit, Extrasensory can be replaced by Psychic, if you wish. It can also learn Attract, Silver Wind, Flamethrower, Shock Wave, Water Pulse, Wish.

Leighton (Croconaw)
    Level 25
    Adamant nature
    Torrent ability
    -Ice Fang
    -Bite
    -Water Gun
    -Cut
    Ah, Croconaw. A definite must is to stick with physical attacks here, his SpA is just not good. Ice Fang is a good choice, Ice Punch is better, but I believe that requires BP to get. Bite, replace with Crunch when you reach lv32. Water Gun should be replaced with Aqua Tail or Waterfall; Waterfall is better as it has more accuracy. And the last space should either be Brick Break or Earthquake.

Killer (Gyarados)
    Level 26
    Docile nature
    Intimidate ability
    Item: Soothe Bell
    -Strength
    -Surf
    -Payback
    -Dragon Rage
    I know you said that you'd like to keep this guy on your team, and I'm not going to tell you that you must get rid of him, but compared with the rest of your teammates, having two water types and two flying types on your team really isn't your best option. IMO I think you should make Killer your HM holder so that your other teammates don't have to waste their moves. However, if you're adamant, good moves for Gyarados are Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Earthquake, and Stone Edge.

Teena (Ampharos)
    Level 31
    Bold nature
    Static ability
    -ThunderPunch
    -Charge
    -ThunderShock
    -Thunder Wave
    Hmm... I'd recommend keeping an electric type, whether its Ampharos or not. Um...good moves for her would be Thunderbolt/Discharge, Signal Beam, and Focus Blast. I'm not sure about the fourth move...

Back