• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pull It Together - OU RMT

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
  • I've been looking into OU. I was trying to come up with some sort of balanced team set-up, but after some testing on PO it hasn't seemed to work out.

So, here it goes.

Heatran @Leftovers
    Flash Fire
    Calm, 248 HP / 252 Sp.D / 8 Spe
    Lava Plume
    Stealth Rock
    Protect
    Toxic

Heatran is here to set up some rocks and hold down the fort again neutral-damage special moves. Overheat for STAB. Toxic to weaken walls. Protect to stall out poison and gain Lefties recovery.

Hydreigon @Choice Scarf
    Levitate
    Modest, 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
    Draco Meteor
    Dark Pulse
    Fire Blast
    U-Turn

My special attacker. Draco Meteor and Dark Pusle for STAB. Fire Blast to take down Steel-types barring Heatran. U-Turn to make a quick get away to a more useful ally.

Jellicent @Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    Bold, 248 HP / 216 Def / Spe 44
    Scald
    Toxic
    Recover
    Taunt

Another wall and spin blocker of the team. Scald for STAB and burn rate. Toxic for walls that burn wouldn't affect. Recover to heal off damage and Taunt to attempt to shut down slower walls with the invested Speed.

Gallade @Leftovers
    Steadfast
    Careful, 240 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Sp.Def / 12 Spe
    Drain Punch
    Bulk Up
    Stone Edge
    Shadow Sneak

Set-up sweeper and physical attacker. Drain Punch STAB, Bulk Up to strengthen my offenses and average defense. Stone Edge to clear off Flying-types. Shadow Sneak priority to pick off weakened foes.

Eelektross @Life Orb
    Levitate
    Naughty, 252 Atk / 212 Sp. Atk / 44 Spe
    Wild Charge
    Flamethrower
    Hidden Power (ICE)
    Grass Knot

Mixed attacker of the team. Wild Charge to hit special walls hard. Flamethrower to melt down Steel-types and Grass. HP Ice for Dragons mainly.
    Grass Knot to deal with the likes of Bulky Ground-types and Water/Ground types.

Forretress @Shed Shell
    Sturdy
    Relaxed, 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Sp. Def
    Gyro Ball
    Rapid Spin
    Toxic Spikes
    Spikes

Hazard set-up. Rapid Spin to spin off hazards that foe lays down. Gyro Ball so that it can attack reliably.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Don't use Overheat on a defensive Heatran. It gets weaker over time, especially when Heatran's Special Attack is uninvested. Use Lava Plume instead because of its relatively high burn rate.

And for Forretress, Volt Switch is in its set, but you mention Gyro Ball in the description. Which move is really on that set?

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Gyro Ball as of this point. Sorry for the mix-up.

Anything else on the team, though...?

KH Fan Bixran

Pkmn Nobody
    Years
  • though i like Gallade, ive been told that Conkeldurr is better.

Conkeldurr @Leftovers
    Guts
    Brave/Adamant, 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
    Bulk Up
    Drain Punch
    Mach Punch
    Stone Edge/Payback

i had quite a good time with this dude. Stone Edge is preferable with the prevalence of Volcarona nowadays.

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
  • Tested Conkeldurr a bit. It's working a bit better than Gallade at this point. :)

Any other criticisms, guys?

Years
  • Eelektross is bad simply put; don't use it.

I suggest trying something like sub calm mind jirachi over it to make use of forr's hazards and make it easier to sweep with hydreigon as it can greatly pressure/damage blissey if it gets enough hax via paras/spD drops which it usually does lol

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    EVs; 252 hp 4 spa 252 spe
    Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon
    Substitute
    Calm Mind

darkfighter

That random guy
    Years
  • If you want a mixed attacker, Psychics like Reinculus and Alakazam fit the role perfectly. Psyshock pretty much eliminates Special Walls like Blissey, who would otherwise be a problem to the team.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Calm Mind

The Calm Mind set allows you to sweep.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Substitute
    - Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

The Sub set allows you to use subs while the opponent switches out, and then take down a good chunk of the opponent's team.

Back