• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Want to go to Everfree with anti-brony family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • (I KNOW the Help and Advice thread exists, but in my experience I never hear about replies in such threads, and asking for a PM instead of a thread reply is never honored. I'm posting this here; deal with it. Also WARNING: BLEEPED EXPLETIVES.)

I'm sure you can tell from my signature that I'm a brony. You can't tell that my parents hate it.

And they do. Before I joined the fandom, I did receive threats of disownment and the like should I ever. I did it anyway, and after two months and 65 MLP:FiM episodes, I rammed it down their throats to try and get them over their stereotype (i.e. the generic "bronies are bad, m'kay?"). Things have been tense between me and my parents since, particularly with my mother, and something tells me I haven't been kicked out of the house only because they're legally bound not to.

It doesn't help that I want to go to Everfree. I've crunched the numbers, thought about stuff, and realized I could go just fine on my own dime, if I could actually get to the Anchorage airport 70 miles away without parental permission. I wouldn't actually need to leave the airport in Seattle to go across the street to the hotel (which wouldn't take me), seeing as a) the convention is within the airport terminal, and b) I've stayed at that airport for multiple overnight layovers and learned that nobody gives two [expletive] if you're lying at the gate with a blanket and a pillow.

I asked about that, and I was told no, I cannot go anywhere independently except on a Sunday school field trip about the same distance away in the other direction for a longer period of time and with no contact with my family (I cannot bring any technology on that field trip more advanced than a digital watch). Frankly, it's much more logical to go do something entertaining with a phone and probably internet than to do something boring in a village with no contact with anybody. Furthermore, while I quite liked having spent the night in the Seattle airport, I know my father has never done so and my mother hated it. How the [expletive] do I convince them that this is a good idea?

Thanks for answers.

EDIT: I was gonna add this to begin with. My logic for going now instead of waiting five years is that five years from now, the fandom will likely have died off, especially seeing their ongoing fight with Hasbro. I learned my lesson from Minecon in this respect, and I don't want to do that again. Please DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, tell me to wait.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back