• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first holographic card?

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
  • I believe mine was the original Machamp one from one of the starter decks. The one I most remember is the original Electrode card that I traded back and forth in elementary school back in 1999. I don't remember if I ever kept it because I had traded it with so many back then but upon looking in my card binder recently, I found the same card and thought to myself if it was the very same Electrode I had used in trades back then. Not sure how I could find out but I'm happy to have it. I lost the Machamp one many years back when I got it stuck in a crack in my bedroom's floorboard and it must've fell into the subflooring. :(

576704_608777722473239_532717115_n.jpg

923245_608777745806570_614941062_n.jpg

Years
  • I know for a fact that the same Machamp card was one of my first two holographic cards. I also managed to pull a holo Ninetales from the original Base Set, but I can't remember if it happened before or after I got the Starter Set.

I still believe that I have my Ninetales tucked away in my binder of cards, but I don't remember what exactly happened to my Machamp.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • I searched on Bulbapedia and they have alot of the holographics listed in what packs they came from. I am focusing on getting the ones I don't have from the Base Set, Fossil and Jungle packs, which is like 30 cards. I also plan on getting the holo Espeon and Umbreon now that I know they exist in holo form.

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • My first holo was a Raichu from the Base Set. My parents bought me and my brother a booster pack one day, and we both pulled that same Raichu, lmao.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • My first holo was also the Machamp from the base set. Looks like that Machamp holds a place in our heart for all of us :-)

The first holo I ever got from a booster was either a Crawdaunt or a Regirock EX. I dont really remember.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Same here, I don't even know where my Machamp went :(
    I'm keeping my valuable cards in a binder now, since I finally the value of them :P

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Pretty sure mine was a Charizard one. I got it for Christmas, just that card. After that it started an obsession and I practically bought a pack every week. I should really find all my old cards, I had a ton.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2013
    The only holo I can actually remember pulling as a kid was Charizard from Base Set, probably because it got me so excited, I still remember my reaction, however, probably not my first holo

Bobith

Tossin' balls since '99
    Years
  • That machamp. As a kid I was really excited about it, until I realized all my friends who bought the set had it too.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2020
    I started collecting when the Team Rocket expansion came out. I believe my first holo was Dark Charizard.

Years
  • Machamp base set here! I had a few non holos to start with and bought the starter set. It should still be at my Dad's lol.

Machamp was swapped for another holo but after I started collecting again a few years ago I bought it from eBay

Back