• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Able was hit by the thunderbolt and sent crashing to the ground. She was happy to have won the battle though at the very least. Wasn't willing to admit her trainer helped a bit though... she happily fainted and was returned to her pokeball. The lapras knew thunderbolt... Mark was hoping to send Len out there next but with Thunderbolt he knew it wouldn't be easy to stay in the battle... only one thing to do.

"Alright Snype lets do this!" Mark said. Snype looked up at Thyme and gave off a thumbs up."

"Kehehe... wish me luck!" Snype said as he jumped into the battlefield, well prepared. Time to get serious now...

"Me and my partner are going to win this one! Alright Snype, Fake out!" Mark called out. Snype jumped in front of Lapras and clapped his hands in front of Zemda. It gave off a bit of energy as well and would make her flinch as well, hopefully allowing Snype to combo into another attack.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thyme

"I'll be watching you," Thyme said quietly as Snype joined the battle. She turned her attention to the battle again. Now that her ears had stopped ringing, she was feeling slightly more forgiving. She looked at Quin, who appeared deep in thought.

Quincy

Quin thought a moment as the Sableye hit Zemda with Fake Out. So... Mark was capable of some stradegy after all... Hm... A Sableye. Those had no weaknesses. How interesting. Only two pokemon that are currently recorded have no weaknesses. Sableye and Spiritomb. So, this required more thought. Sableye weren't very sturdy, despite not having any weaknesses. However, this one appeared far stronger than the other pokemon that Mark had sent out. And with Semda not having any water to swim in, she was terribly slow. Hm... Well, she couldn't do anything right now, so he didn't bother calling a command out to her. And he couldn't use her most powerful move. Surf conjured up a giant tidle wave, and that was definately not something he wanted to do in a building crowded with people.

"I wouldn't care. Do it and sweep that puny Sableye away with the tide!" Zara saidin his mind. Quin smiled. He had another plan in mind.

"Shut it Zara! I know what I'm doing! Zemda, after you've recovered from Flinching, I want you to use Icy Wind!" Quin said. Zara laughed happily.

"Good choice!" Zara said. Quin smirked. He knew what he was doing. Zemda flinched, giving Sableye a chance for another attack, but she was ready to fire her own off once that was done. Icy Wind lowered the opponents speed. That would help put them on even footing.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante

Dante was finishing up his roll when a student came up to him. By the look on his kid's face that his was looking for someone to battle with and that he was from Entei dorm. Which Dante didn't noticed him because he was watching the battle between Mark and Quincy.

"Hey kid", said the student, startling Dante and almost making him choke on the roll. "You want to have a battle. It's a little thing just to see if you are worthy to wear the colors of Entei dorm."

"Okay, I'll show you if I'm worthy to wear the color of Entei", Dante said to the Entei student. Dante looked around to find an empty battlefield until he found one. "Lets go over to that battlefield, it looks like no one is using it."

"Fine", said the Entei student. It was clear on Dante's face that he was getting bored. The Entei student started to led Dante the way to the empty battlefield and took his spot at the end of the battlefield with Dante doing the same on the other end. "We going to have a 3-on-3 battle."

"Alright", said Dante. "Rufflet, your up first."

"Ruff, Ruff", cried Rufflet, flying off of Dante's shoulder and taking his position on the battlefield.

"Okay, go Teddiursa", said the student, as he threw the pokeball into the battlefield releasing the little bear pokemon for battle. "I'll go first, kid."

"Fine", said Dante. "Oh, the name's Dante Redson, remember it."

"Alright Teddiursa, start off with a Fury Swipes and follow it up with a Leer attack", command the Entei student.

"Whoa, starting off so quickly", Dante said, quickly realizing what he just said. "Oh no, I just realized what I just said, ha ha. Rufflet watch out and counter it with a Wing Attack."

The Teddiursa run at Rufflet and started to scratch at Rufflet multiple time with only one swipe hitting Rufflet. Rufflet, after getting hit by the attack, quickly flew into the air and start a climb. By then, Rufflet turned around started to nosedive at the Teddiursa with it's wings spread out. The little bear pokemon glared at Rufflet, making it's defense fall slightly. Rufflet, still in the middle of it's Wing Attack, got closer to the Teddiursa and the time the little bear knew it, it get hit with the wing attack.

Megaman765

Years
Once Snype was finished with Fake Out, he prepared himself to combo into another move.

"Alright Snype! Sucker Punch!" Mark called out. Snype rolled in front of Zemda and gave her a good punch to the chest, although he wasn't going to be saved by the icy wind attack that Zemda had used. Snype was blown away from the strong winds and felt a slight chill down his spine. That wasn't gonna help him move any faster... It would probobly be smarter to see what else this Quin had in mind.

Mark didn't say anything this time. Instead, Snype's eyes blinked with a white twinkle for a moment, signaling detect. Whatever was planned next, Snype would be able to dodge with his enhanced reflexes.

Nideous

Years
Quincy

Quin didn't notice Snype preparing Detect. He was too busy arguing with Zara.

"I thought you were going to let me do this my way!" Quin whispered annoyedly. Stupid alter would not shut up now! It was going to distract him at a key moment and make him lose!

"Come on! Wash that little freak away! Do it! I dare you!" Zara said. He had no interest in the battle. He just wanted to see Quin's reaction to making a huge wave crash on all the people in the room. Quin fell silent a moment. He had been teaching Zemda a new manuever for times like this, but she hadn't perfected it yet... Well... She was getting better at it.

"Fine! Zemda! Surf, pattern two!" Quin said. He ignored Zara when he repeated the question with curiousity in his voice. Zemda responded immediately. She crooned happily and a wave appeared in front of her. It was a small, fast moving wave, not the big giant wave that most people were expecting. But that didn't mean it was any less powerful. It raced toward the unsuspecting Sableye as Quin smiled grandly that his plotting and hard work had payed off!

Megaman765

Years
Snype could see the incoming wave thanks to his enhanced senses caused by detect. While Zemda was about to fire the powerful wave, Snype was already running toward Zemda. Once the wave was fired, Snype made it look like he was drenched by the wave when in reality, Snype sidesteped from the wave and quickly jumped onto Zemda's back. He layed down in a relaxed fashion.

"Nice move. What's next?" Snype taunted in a friendly tone.

"Snype! Sucker Punch once more!" Mark said. If all that zemda had was attacking moves the sucker punch would end up bring very useful this round. Snype stood up and gave the Zemda a good jab at the back of her neck. Snype would then attempt to hang onto Zemdas back

Nideous

Years
Quincy

Zemda shrugged off the attack, almost as if she hadn't felt it. That was the amazing thing about her. She was very tough.

"Little one, you shall see," Zemda crooned happily. She turned her head and smiled at him. She was a very cheerful pokemon. Quin smiled, despite having no idea what the two pokemon were talking about.

"Now! Use Signal Beam!" Quin shouted happily. Zemda fired the beam at an angle that it would hit Snype if he stay where he was, and would miss her if he moved. He was pleased. This battle was going rather well.

Megaman765

Years
Snype wasn't able to stay onto Zemda long as she turned her head around quickly and shot him with a well placed signal beam. Snype still managed to hang onto her though. He wasn't going to lose his current position. He just had to move around a bit and watch for any attacks like that. Now it was time to really mess with her. Snype leaped up onto Zemda's head and hung on as if riding on her. He made a gesture as if he were looking in the distance for an island or something. Snype loved to mess with his opponents and look funny in the process, even in a serious fight. A positive attitude was good when battling.

Mark nodded and pointed down to the shadows below Lapras and Snype. Snype knew what to do. He used Shadow Sneak so that a shadow form of him could strike Zemda.

"I can sense a few rough waves hitting us this fine morning. Kehehe" Snype taunted. In the mean time, A shadow of Snype was about to strike Zemda from below... Snype was mostly trying to distract Zemda from it.

Nideous

Years
Quincy

Zemda saw the Shadow Sneak, but she knew she was too slow to dodge it. So she didn't even try.

"Yes, the waves are coming," Zemda said, playing along. The Shadow Sneak hit her, and while it hurt, it wasn't the most painful thing she'd ever been hit by. To keep up the charade, and because she couldn't exactly hit him when he was on her head, she began rocking her head violently, trying to dislodge Snype. Quin grinned happily. Zemda was so silly. If he didn't know any better, he'd swear she and Snype were playing some kind of game.

"Alright Zemda! Thunderbolt pattern three!" Quin said happily. Zemda quit trying to throw Snype off and blasted a Thunderbolt... On herself! The result was that she was covered by electricity, and anything that was on her would get hit by the attack as well as her. It was the only thing that Quin could think of to do in this situation.

Megaman765

Years
Snype took the thunderbolt head on, figuring that the attack would connect to Zemda if he stayed on. It really hurt him good. Perhaps staying on Zemda wouldn't work out too well but as least she was bound to get hurt by her own attack. Snype was thrown off of Zemda and slowly got back up to his feet.

"...Keh... yeesh..." Snype said as he brushed his arm off. His fur was sticking up a little from all of the electricity. A little more and he would look like some bedroom monster. It tended to do that. His eyes gave off a the same twinkle as before, signaling another use of detect. He had hoped that they hadn't caught onto his technique.

Nideous

Years
Quincy

Quin thought he saw a glimmer in Snype's eyes. But, he wasn't too sure what that meant. The Sableye looked a little roughed up, but he seemed otherwise fine. Zemda, however, was in bad shape. He smiled at her, causing her to brighten up a little bit.

"This has been a good battle Snype. It is clear you have been raised well," Zemda said with a note of respect in her voice. She knew she wouldn't be able to win. But a little good sportsmanship went a long way. She smiled happily and, at Quin's orders, fired a Water Pulse at him.

"Now! Use Dragon Pulse!" Quin yelled before the large ball of water was near Snype. Zemda crooned her agreement and fired a large purpleish sphere right at Snype. It collided with the slower moving Water Pulse, absorbing it's power, and kept on. This was Quin's main talent right here. Combining attacks. Water and Dragon Pulse was one of his best ones. Arcino's Brick Break and Aerial Ace was another good combination, but he hadn't been able to put it to any use while Arcino was out. The combination attack flew towards Snype.

Megaman765

Years
Snype bowed respectfully. "Why thank you miss. You've been raised fairly well yourself." Snype said. As the incoming combo attack was heading toward Snype, he once again used his enhanced senses with detect to dodge the attack with little trouble. He quickly used Shadow Sneak afterwards to have his own shadow clone take care of Zemda. The shadow popped out from below Zemda and gave her a jab in the chest. Snype layed about with a large smile on his face.

Nideous

Years
Quincy

Zemda took the hit and her head dipped down towards the ground. She was done. No more energy left.

"Zemda, return!" Quin said, raising her pokeball. She vanished inside with a flash of red light. He walked over to Mark as the Snivy hopped off his shoulder and went out to join the Sableye.

"Hmm... A little bit playful out there, weren't you?" she said, poking Snype in the back. Quin had no clue what they were talking about, but he carefully stepped around them. He went over to Mark and clapped his hand on Mark's shoulder.

"Great battle there buddy! Your Sableye and Porygon are really well trained! In fact, if the Porygon hadn't been facing Arcino, my toughest pokemon, he probably would have won! This reminded me of the time I faced off against the Mak of Credence, but that is a story for another time. I must be going! Later!" Quin said. He did. He needed to find someone to heal his pokemon. Battling three on three had not been the smartest thing he had ever done. Now, he was left without a way to defend himself if one of his many enemies showed up.

Megaman765

Years
Mark

Mark was very happy he had won... considering what happened the last time he was in a battle. It was good to see he was getting back into the zone and could still battle. That wasn't to say that he still needed to train his Pokemon quite a bit... preferably Able. Well they were in a battleground so why not take some time to practice for the next guy that battles? First though he needed to get his Pokemon healed...

Quincy complimented how well both Commodore and Snype were trained, obviously leaving out the mention of Able and walked off to possibly heal his own Pokemon. At the moment, Mark was lost in thought.

Snype

Snype turned around to be greeted by Thyme poking his back. Snype always liked a good battle... so far in the academy he's had some great luck! He hasn't lost all that much yet... one could say he was getting overconfident at this rate.

"Hehehe... playful? Well you know me! That's how I roll!" Snype said as he playfully poked Thyme in the nose. Snype was panting for a bit and fell onto his back. He stared up to the ceiling giving off his signature smile. He was fairly exhausted. Those attacks he had been hit by weren't exactly weak by any standards and his Fur was still sticking up a little bit from the electricity. He could feel it.

"Hehe... but hey? Impressive moves eh? I'm a natural if I do say so myself... Kehe..." Snype said to Thyme.

Darkgoalie

Psychic Professor
Years
Jason Monterio Basco

"We have arrived sir, would you like me to take your luggage?" asked the Captain.
Jason emerged from the boat and onto the dock, his long fringe brushed against the sea wind. It had been three hours since he set on solid ground, and he could feel the crampness of his legs aching.
Jason begun strecthing to try and fight it off, he than took out a comb and brushed his long ginger hair.
"You could get it out please, but i will more than happily take up to the Academy" replied Jason.
The Captain nodded in response, and began taking out his luggage.
A shadow overlooked on top of Jason, he looked up to see a man in a lab coat looking down on him, he had brown spikey hair and gentle smileon his face.
"Good to see another new student coming to learn" the man said. He walked down to the deck and confronted himself to Jason.
"Hello i'm Proffesor Oak, welcome to the Pokémon Academy" he lifted his left hand in readyness for a hand shake.
Jason's eyes opened up and he casualy put his comb away and shook the proffesors hand.
The proffesor seemed to give him a look as to say 'well?'
Jason lifted his eybrow as to figure out what he meant, Jason than figured it out and replied "Oh sorry um, i'm Jason Basco, the new student, it's nice to officially meet you Princibal Oak.
"No need to call me Princibal, Jason, just call me Proffesor, anyway i have come to officialy greet you and welcome you too our school, i know about your sister's history with us and i hope that you won't have the same ending as she did" replied Proffesor Oak.
"Don't worry Proffesor, i won't make the same mistake she did, i do not care which dorm i am in, i am just glad i made it into it in the first place".
"I am glad too hear that, anyway it would be best to get to the school before lunch is over i'm guessing you are starving".
Jason smiled at the prospect, but then something springed to his mind.
"Oh wait is there a café for Pokémon as well, because i bet mine are starving"
"Of course we provide top quality food not only for yourself but for all the different types of Pokémon there are".
"Brilliant, because mine must be starving they both missed breakfast"
"Well than best not keep them waiting just follow me, i'll get someone to come collect your things"
With that note Jason followed the Proffesor through a small town, called Oak Town. Jason took in the sights and smiled to himself, he though to himslef 'Not bad, looks like whatever my sister sajd about this school was all lies'.
___
If i have gotten any kind of facts about the Academy wrong then please correct me, or if my writing is off are not, or anything that you don't like about my post. Anyway i hope my first post was not too bad and i am extremely looking forward to the other character's interactions.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme rolled her eyes when Snype poked her nose. She didn't quite get why he did that. One of his quirks, she supposed. She'd probably have to live with it. For someone that normally hated phsyical contact from other pokemon, she was surprisingly relaxed about it with Snype.

"A natural... Hm... I'm not. I'm terrible at battling. I've told you this before, but I have never won a battle. I always seem to end up being knocked out before I can make the other person faint," Thyme said. The obvious exception was when she had beaten Duster up on the boat. That still frightened her that she had gotten like that. Well, nothing she could do about it except try and make amends next time she saw the Minccino. She turned and looked at Snype.

"Are you hurt?" Thyme asked suddenly as she saw Snype panting. He didn't look ok to her. And of his fur was standing on end. It made him look a tad bit funny. If she hadn't been worried about him she would have laughed. As it was, she sat down on the ground next to him. Sure, the two of them were current;y in the middle of the battlefield. Sure, other people couldn't use it while they were sitting out there. But Thyme didn't really care about that.

Megaman765

Years
Snype

"Hah... nah... I'm fine... just a bit tired... o...oh!" Snype said as he tried to brush down his fur with his hand. He looked a bit rediculous with all of the electricity effecting his looks. Like some bedroom monster. It was rather silly and tended to happen with him alot when he came in contact with electricity. It was even worse when he was covered in water. He blushed a moment and turned to Thyme who seemed concerned about him.

"Hmm... you haven't had the best luck with battling huh? Well... if its ok with you Thyme, I could probably help you a little. We could have a little training session! I don't consider myself an expert... but I could teach you some of my techniques. I bet it would give Bri a good surprise when you go back to him. It's up to you." Snype offered.

Mark

"Hey! Can you get out of the way? We want to battle!" Two kids said to Mark. He snapped back into reality and apologized to the two students while walking over to Snype. He seemed exhausted so Mark picked him up so that they could go find a healing station. He stood there and waited for Thyme to climb up on his shoulder. If Snype was up there she was likely to follow. Once Snype was picked up, he slowly got onto Mark's left shoulder as well, leaning onto his head.

"Good Job out there Snype. Good to see we're still great partners eh?" Mark said to him.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Thyme glared at the kids that were yelling at Mark to get his pokemon off the battlefield.

"Shut up! I'll move when I'm good and ready!" Thyme shouted back to them as Mark walked toward them. When he picked up Snype, se climbed up to his shoulder. She turned and looked at Mark and Snype.

"What?! I was ready then," she said stubbornly. She was thinking about what Snype said about training her. Well, she had a different style of fighting than he did. Though the two of them shared many traits. They were both really fast. Snype seemed to have more endurance, though that could be because Thyme was many levels lower than him. They both forewent pure power in favor of strategy, even though they had different ways to go about it.

"Sure Snype. I'll train with you. But I don't hold back when I train," Thyme warned. She knew she would have to pull out all the stops to beat Snype. That meant hitting him with Attract, As many Growths as she could fit in, Trying out her new move, Leech Seed, and smacking him with her Leaf Tornado as many times as she could. She would not hold back if she wanted to win. And she did want to win. She just hoped her Attract wouldn't backfire like it had last time she used it on Snype.

Megaman765

Years
Snype

"Hehehe. Aw Thyme, You make it sound like I'm going to have a serious battle with you! I'm gonna try to teach you a few techniques you can use in battle. I'll guide ya along the way. Hey, in the end you'll be a great battler! You got plenty of potential!" Snype said, almost tempted to reach over and give her a small hug. First things first though, they would have to get eachother healed. Luckily there was infact a healing machine around the training ground with six Pokeball slots in it.

"I'll have to go in my Pokeball for a bit Thyme. I won't be long!" Snype said as Mark returned him to his Pokeball.

Mark

Mark placed each of his Pokemon into each of the slots. After a little while, the machine finished healing all of his Pokemon. Mark immediately let Snype out. He was completely refreshed and let out a large stretch. Time to start with training... he needed to get his skills sharpened up quickly. Mark moved to a more open space in the room and let out each of his Pokemon, with the exception of Shedinja. He wasn't sure what was wrong with the pokemon... one hit and it was out. It was able to reflect everything thrown at it before... but it was taken out in one hit afterwards. Mark would have to look up information on it... but for now, it was time for training.

Len hopped around happily now that he was in an environment that he could dig around in. Able was zooming around, still peeved at Mark but happy to go about training. Commodore seemed rather depressed himself though... he hasn't had great luck lately with his battles and really didn't have alot of motivation to keep going. For now he was mostly floating around in Circles.

"Able, Why don't we..." Mark stopped expecting a screeching sound... but thankfully she didn't yell. She was listening.

"Um... Able, why don't we try a couple exercises? I'm sure you don't need them, but its good to be prepared right?" Mark said. Able flew silently wondering what these exercises were.

"It's easy enough Able. I'm going to throw a couple punches. All you gotta do is dodge them, while I try to catch you. Easy enough for someone as speedy as you right? Now dodge!" Mark said as he threw a punch at Able. She successfully dodged the attack. She could get used to this kind of training... there was no way in hell Mark would catch her so it would be fun to play with the boy. Mark threw another punch at her and she dodged once more. He wasn't going all out with his punches yet. He didn't want to accidentally hit Able.

"Alright Able, Dodge once more!" Mark said. He threw another punch at Able, but this time stopped before his hand got close to her. Despite this, Able dodged his fake attack. She fell for the trap and that really got her steamed.

"Comon Able, don't get mad. We all make mistakes! You gotta know how to tell a real attack from a fluke. Some Pokemon will try to trick you... you just gotta be sure not to fall for it and not be distracted." Mark said. Able understood and the two continued training. Able saw it as mocking Mark's slow speed rather then a training session. She didn't want to admit that she was actually getting quite a good workout from all of this.

Len

Len had already been digging underground practicing his own technique. He could hear the sounds of battlers coming from above... Len was being careful not to leave too many holes in the floor. He would fill them up himself when he had the chance. He popped up from the ground where Snype was.

"Hiya Snype! How have you been holding out?" Len asked with a happy expression. Len looked over to Thyme and back to Snype. "Seem's you've been rather busy huh?" He teased. Snype simply snickered a bit and waited for Thyme to come join them.

Nideous

Years
Thyme

Well, Thyme had never trained before, unless you count training for that contest a long time ago. She didn't know what to expect, so it would be better to be prepared for anything. She waited as MArk got his pokemon healed, and then sent them all out. She leapt to the ground and watched them all training for a moment before walking over to Snype and Len.

"So... What are we supposed to be doing?" she asked, loath to admit that she had no idea what training would entail. Logan had something called training, it was basically fighting like she had been preparing herself for. Somehow, she doubted Mark's training would be the same thing as Logan's. Hm... She looked between Len and Snype, wondering what was going to happen next.

Back