• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderator Problem?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I posted a game I created in the correct forum, the showcase, and it said a moderator would review my post and confirm whether it should go up. Well it hasn't showed up yet and its been like 5 days.

Didn't show up in the drawing board either. Although It should be in the showcase as its got a youtube video and like 8 screenshots.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You should PM one of the moderators in that section and ask what was wrong with it and what you can do to improve it. Being a moderator with a section that relies on thread approval, I'll be honest and say that sometimes I don't see it. So that could also be the issue. But just PM/VM them about the matter and I'm sure they'll get to you as soon as they can.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Your thread wasn't approved because you had links to several different sites, including a forum which isn't allowed. And your plot didn't mean the requirements. You're supposed to have 15 lines of text in your final post. You had about 8.

So, remove the links, and extend your plot a bit. Then your thread will possibly be approved.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Alright thank you for letting me know.

I will make the changes. You can delete this thread now if you want :)

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • You guys should have an automated PM sent to the owners of declined threads with reasons. Could potentially save you some time.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • I can agree with this. Not only will it save time, but it will stop obsesive PMing the Mods, aswell as better informing of all those that don't get their threads approved.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Well, if you follow the exact specifications of the section you won't have to worry about your post not getting approved, so you won't need to know why. :/

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • Usually a PM is sent to the thread creator letting them know why their thread wasn't approved. Unfortunately, I never ended up PM'ing GameFortress.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
  • Usually a PM is sent to the thread creator letting them know why their thread wasn't approved. Unfortunately, I never ended up PM'ing GameFortress.

Which is why I suggested it be an automated process, so that the PM would never accidentally be forgotten about, and it's ever so slightly faster than declining and then going to the user's page to write the PM. I'm thinking similar to the report system. However, it is quite a minor thing, so it doesn't really matter if you guys get it 99 out of 100 times.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Which is why I suggested it be an automated process, so that the PM would never accidentally be forgotten about, and it's ever so slightly faster than declining and then going to the user's page to write the PM. I'm thinking similar to the report system. However, it is quite a minor thing, so it doesn't really matter if you guys get it 99 out of 100 times.

Seems like a good idea, but the only problem I see is that for the sections that get a lot of threads that need to be approved, it'll spam up the moderator's inbox.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Why not have a sub-forum where threads that aren't approved are moved to? A moderator can reply saying why it wasn't approved and possibly give tips on how to get it approved if appropriate. Just seems a lot better than deleting it, since there's no guarantee that a PM would be sent out and I don't think there's a plugin at the moment for something like that. Audy's pretty busy these days and has a lot on his offline life to deal with that's a priority, so saying he could code it isn't that reasonable.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Why not have a sub-forum where threads that aren't approved are moved to? A moderator can reply saying why it wasn't approved and possibly give tips on how to get it approved if appropriate. Just seems a lot better than deleting it, since there's no guarantee that a PM would be sent out and I don't think there's a plugin at the moment for something like that. Audy's pretty busy these days and has a lot on his offline life to deal with that's a priority, so saying he could code it isn't that reasonable.

I like this. When I look at the Challenge forum, it's insanely cluttered and it makes me not like looking there. So I'm all for this.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind that at all, when I PM members I include that information regardless, it would probably also help members improve their own threads before posting them - knowing what's been denied in the past.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I don't like that... it's just putting everyone's embarrassing mistakes on display for all to see.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ^ That could be solved by say having the forum set so members can only view their own threads. Still, I would think it possibly for deleted threads to be viewable by the member with the reason displayed next the the thread titl (like deleted posts)?

Years
  • I don't like that... it's just putting everyone's embarrassing mistakes on display for all to see.

It isn't really a 'name and shame' forum. However, I do believe that it would it would allow people to look at their mistakes and learn from them.

If people followed the rules from the start, their topic wouldn't need to be placed into that forum.

DirtyChimp

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2010
    Hmm, seems like this forum has a lot of problems with power tripping mods.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Hmm, seems like this forum has a lot of problems with power tripping mods.
    I don't see where you're getting that from, but "okay."

The sub-forum is something I can agree with. Other than knowing why their thread was unapproved, they can start working on it again, and run it pass the mod(s) before having it posted for approval once more. Which I believe is what Yuoaman was leading to.

As for embarrassment, the sub-forum can be set so only the creators of the thread, and the staff can look into them. However, I don't see it as a wall of embarrassment for members, but more of a way of showing what your mistakes were and fixing them. In many ways can this also help other beginners if they have the privilege of viewing them. Either way is fine with me.

Back