• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Is there an age limit for joining PC?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I think I've seen members as young as 10 years old on here. I'm not complaining. I'm just wondering.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I don't think so? I don't seem to recall seeing one, but for some reason I am under the impression that it used to be 13+... but hey, don't trust my memory.

I'm pretty sure there is not one at the current time.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • There has never been an age limit for joining PC. The only age limit enforced in PC's history was for the failed T-dome experiment (you had to be 13+ to be allowed access)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Umm. They joined a Pokemon forum. It's simple as that. Nothing to wonder. Younger kids are on the internet these days. No big deal.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Adding in that according to our terms of service, the only "limit" on ages is the following:

If the photo or video depicts any children under the age of 13, you affirm that you have written permission from the child's parent or guardian to provide the photo or video.

Though that isn't usually an issue, but that's the only real limit there is.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If PC had an age limit, I don't think the rules would have be so strict.

As it stands now, five-year-olds could join if they wanted to. xD; We had someone on here at one point who was 7, and there are probably more around that just don't make their ages known.~

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • technically the min age is 13, and you need parent permission under 16 or 18, however that isn't strongly enforced and we leave it up to the mods to make sure those users who are young can properly use the forum, post, and so on.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • technically the min age is 13, and you need parent permission under 16 or 18, however that isn't strongly enforced and we leave it up to the mods to make sure those users who are young can properly use the forum, post, and so on.

Really ?? Never knew there was any limit enforced or other. Hmm. Well a limit isn't really necessary, maybe only around the other chat and voting polls forums, lol. There are some subjects there not suitable for younger children.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    There is no limit, this is a pokemon forum after all - a series designed for under 13's.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • yeah but according to Rukario (The admin of PC), there is, but it isn't enforced too much.

Back