• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do we actually need a third game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
Years
first of all, the reason why we need a third one is because:
1. we need to know about kyurem because he wasn't added there for no reason.
2. we also need to know about genesect,meoletta,etc.
3. maybe more about N.
and maybe the third game could also have improvements like:
1. more things to do when you finish the game.
2. put more legendarys in the game (including the ones that were only released in japan and other countrys).
3. they should add sidequests like finding someones pokemon or item.
4. more places and secrets in the game.
5. maybe they should add jirachi or pokemon that you couldn't obtain in the previous games.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I think we do, and I think it needs to be centred around Kyurem, so we learn more about it. I'll definitely buy a third game if there is one (and, at this point, I'm not really seeing why there won't be).

KaptainKaty

Tony Stark's Wife
Years
If you are asking WILL they, my answer is they are more than likely going to make a third game. If you are asking SHOULD they, I feel they should as well. Not to repeat what a number of people have said before me, I will not bore you with the facts they neglected to point out in Black/White. I will say, however, it is interesting they are trying to resell the black/white games by giving an exclusive Lucario in the box. I don't feel that's a plea for help that they aren't selling enough copies. They sold a lot of copies of black and white. So the only reason I can think of them doing this is maybe they are trying to re-hype 5th gen for Gray?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
first of all, the reason why we need a third one is because:
2. we also need to know about genesect,meoletta,etc.
and maybe the third game could also have improvements like:
5. maybe they should add jirachi or pokemon that you couldn't obtain in the previous games.

Well, those events can always be released as events in Black and White, we don't necessarily need the third game to understand their "point" since the in-game events already do that.

Uhhh, Jirachi was basically a global wifi event, so... I really don't think they'd just include global wifi events because it'd make the events of the past useless, etc. Plus they are event-only for a reason, lol.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think the fact that some of you are saying just because the other games had a third game is kinda weird. I mean, this is the tradition-breaking generation after all, and although Sugimori denied what the lady actually said, we don't really know whether he was just covering up the truth, giving fans false hope until R/S remakes when they just happen to skip to the next generation.

The fact that Black and White break some traditions (and I do stress the word some, for they actually keep true to more traditions than they discard) does not mean that they should go out of their way to unnecessarily break more. Forgoing a third game and all the revenue that it can bring would be the very definition of changing things for the sake of changing things, which is something that should be discouraged in any context. Change must be done with purpose - if they are going to change the Pokemon game formula, there needs to be a reason beyond aiming to break tradition, because if there isn't, what benefit does that serve anybody?

As for the question itself, I do think a third is necessary. There is so much in those games that needs to be improved upon (which have been mentioned by previous posters so I will not rehash). Also, the theme of the games is the relationship between opposites (black and white) so a third game is necessary to bridge the gap and show what we've learned.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
The only reason I see a third game being necessary is for the dream world version of Unova pokemon. They don't have overworld sprites in BW so we can only hope to get them in future installments of the game. That said, I doubt they'd include an entralink forest in Hoenn. I want my Contrary Serperior..

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The only reason I see a third game being necessary is for the dream world version of Unova pokemon. They don't have overworld sprites in BW so we can only hope to get them in future installments of the game. That said, I doubt they'd include an entralink forest in Hoenn. I want my Contrary Serperior..

That would just be a later update. They just add Pokemon to the Dream World when they feel an Update is in order.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
That would just be a later update. They just add Pokemon to the Dream World when they feel an Update is in order.

No, no, what I'm saying is that the Unova Pokemon don't have overworld sprites scripted into the BW games. That means that they can't show up in the Entralink Forest. Which means the only way to get DW BW Pokemon through "waking up" is if a third installment is released, at least as far as I'm aware.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2012
I feel that there does need to be one they make one with all other ones so they should.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
There are a lot of closures and "uncut" stuff on almost all third games. Nintendo may reveal these "secrets" on the Third game if ever it gets released.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I feel if any gen needs one its this one. So many things left unsaid about N and Plasma. Like I would like to know more about the Shadow Triad plus the two girls who cared for N. Maybe even put an option in so the charecter can date people. So it can be TokoXN or ToukoXBianca or even TouyaXN I would enjoy it

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well it's not really necessary as much as it'd just make the companies a lot of money, there's no reason to not release a third game. It's not like it's needed at all. I don't think I am gonna buy it anyway, wasn't really stoked on BW.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
No, no, what I'm saying is that the Unova Pokemon don't have overworld sprites scripted into the BW games. That means that they can't show up in the Entralink Forest. Which means the only way to get DW BW Pokemon through "waking up" is if a third installment is released, at least as far as I'm aware.

Yes Gen 5 Pokemon have Overworld Sprites. You can see various ones when you entered houses and during various events like Zorua's Event, Zoroark's Event, Volcarona's Event, there are Zen Mode Darmanitan in the Desert, Munna and Musharna appear in the very beginning of the game, Munna is given back to Bianca in Castelia, not to mention the Legendaries.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
It's simple, if there is no third game for this generation then just some things may happen...

A whole new Pokemon with a whole new list of 151 extra Pokemon and another same-all over storyline orrrrr.... Finally something fresh out of the oven re-using all the Pokemon that were already made instead of the usual "complete the pokedex, become the best, beat gym leaders and stop team xx from doing their mischief".

I would actually love that whole new thing instead of a makeover but come on, since 1st gen we have had 3rd games, are they really planning to stop now? I don't really think so people :) It's now really that we need it, it's just that it has become a tradition and a proven method to make more money for them, Let's take this into account and raise your hands, how many of you bought the 3rd game after you had already owned and finished one of the 2 pre-games that came out??? That will tell you enough :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Yes Gen 5 Pokemon have Overworld Sprites. You can see various ones when you entered houses and during various events like Zorua's Event, Zoroark's Event, Volcarona's Event, there are Zen Mode Darmanitan in the Desert, Munna and Musharna appear in the very beginning of the game, Munna is given back to Bianca in Castelia, not to mention the Legendaries.

Those are the only ones that were drawn and exist in the game's data. That's a grand total of 9 non-legendary Pokemon.

He's right, dude.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
Uh you can obtain several Unovan Pokémon in the game right now with Hidden Abilities. It's not hard to assign them hidden abilities in case they want to make them available by special means in-game or through a Mystery Gift.

Unovan Pokémon will never and can never appear in your Entree Forest.

User19sq

I think that a third game to Black and White would be appropriate. For instance, the whole "Truth vs Ideals/Nature vs Technology" concept could be settled, since Kyurem represents the absence of taoism, giving a possibility of a new story, more or less. Not only that, but certain locations can be tweaked to make them appear to've embraced both truths and ideals, instead of just taking sides.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
B/W sure needs a 3rd game, there are many things are missing in these games.
Also Kyurem is in these games for a reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back