• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: dies down then jump started back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
I've noticed this with many of my threads. after getting replies, they die down, remain inactive for a week or so but then all of a sudden I come back and I see that those threads I thought no more replies were going to be posted, are getting posts again and it goes on for some time before dying down again.

is this typical? or am I just lucky? why do they die down but then rise again?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Of course it's typical. A lot of forum threads have differing activity rates at different times. Some are active off the bat and remain so for a long time. Some have two posts and that's it. Others may go quiet for a few days before a new wave of posts come. That's... really just how it happens. Matter of luck and all - people interested in a thread aren't always on every day or hour after all, or may only want to post in a thread later.

Sirfetch’d

Thread activity just varies from time to time. It happens to all threads because discussion will inevitably die down until someone who hasn't posted gives the thread a new jolt of life. Don't worry!

Years
Of course it's typical. A lot of forum threads have differing activity rates at different times. Some are active off the bat and remain so for a long time. Some have two posts and that's it. Others may go quiet for a few days before a new wave of posts come. That's... really just how it happens. Matter of luck and all - people interested in a thread aren't always on every day or hour after all, or may only want to post in a thread later.

Basically what Marcin said.

There are times a thread's activity may die down a bit, but someone might eventually notice the thread and it gets posts in it again. It's all a bit of luck, and the fact activity can vary every time.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Luck, or just someone being really bored and looking at the threads who are juuuust about to die out and posting in them just because why not. Oh, the fun.

Sometimes people who didn't see those threads the first time around notice them the second time they rise up to the top of the index, and the thread becomes more active than it originally was. If it's an interesting topic that just had some bad timing when it was first created, I'm happy if it resurfaces and gets some new fresh views.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You seriously shouldn't make a thread for every question you have o.O
Mods should create thread only for your questions =D

But pretty much what others said... you cannot expect constant activity anywhere.
You can say you are lucky that your threads are being "revived" with newer replies because it's not that often.
Long story short, if thread has interesting topic it will stay.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
That was all that needed to be said.

And now, since this thread is full of repetition and snark, it's time for it to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back