• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Trick Room

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
  • Don't really have much experience with battling, but I really would like to give it a go. Figured a good first team to use would be one with Conkeldurr because if it's insane Attack and I just love the Pokemon. Then I thought to myself, "This dude is slow.. How can I help that?". Trick Room was the first thing that came to mind, so I figured I would try to focus a whole team around it. Here's what i've got :D

Reuniclus - Life Orb - Quiet - Magic Guard
    192 HP/64 Def/252 SpA
    Trick Room, Phychic, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball

-Obviously the Trick Room user. Has quite nice bulk and it also pretty powerful as an attacker if needed.

Conkeldurr - Toxic Orb - Adamant - Guts
    128 HP/252 Atk/128 SpD
    Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Facade, Payback

- Team is based mainly around this beast of a pokemon. Guts boost makes this beast one of the most powerful attackers in the game and he has very nice coverage with these moves.

Ferrothorn - Leftovers - Relaxed - Iron Barbs
    252 HP/88 Def/168 SpD
    Spikes, Leech Seed, Power Whip, Gyro Ball

- Somewhat of a stall pokemon, with it's Leech Seed and Leftovers. Mammoth defensive stats so I would mainly use this as a physical wall. Also here for Spikes

Jellicent - Leftovers - Calm - Water Absorb
    252 HP/36 Def/220 SpD
    Scald, Recover, Toxic, Ice Beam

- Amazing special wall, spin blocker, and has decent offensive moves. Chose Ice Beam just so I can deal with those pesky dragons pretty easily and I felt Shadow Ball would be a bit redudant since I have checks/counters for ghost+psychic pokes in Reuniclus and Conkeldurr.

Donphan - Leftovers - Impish - Sturdy
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
    Rapid Spin, EQ, Stealth Rock, Ice Shard

Rapid Spinner to get rid of those pesky hazards anyone can use, very nice physical wall as well and has nice coverage in EQ

Magnezone - Choice Specs - Modest - Magnet Pull
    148 HP/252 SpA/108 SpD
    Volt Switch, HP Fire, Thunderbolt, Flash Cannon

Figured since I had a physical attacker in Conkeldurr, I would need a good special attacker. Couldn't think of anyone better suited for this than Magnezone. Since it is a Trick Room set, his bad speed benefits him quite well here and his coverage with his moves is just amazing.

Any tips are greatly appreciated :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Since this is a Trick Room team, all the members used in the team have to use -Speed natures and 0 Speed IVs so that they can make the most out of Trick Room while it's active.

Reuniclus can't be the only Trick Room user on the team, since its current set lacks reliable recovery. Porygon2 or Slowking make good backup Trick Room users if Reuniclus goes down:

Porygon2:
    -Trick Room
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt
    -Recover
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/4 SDef
    Item: Eviolite
    Ability: Trace

Slowking:
    -Trick Room
    -Surf
    -Psyshock
    -Ice Beam/Shadow Ball
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 232 HP/252 SAtk/24 SDef
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Regenerator

Murt93

Battle Amateur
    Years
  • Who would you suggest to take out for Slowking?

I would suggest jellicent for slowking trick room isn't permanent like drought,drizzle e.t.c. so you want to make the most of your limited turns under trick room slowking will give your team a little more momentum than Jellicent don't get me wrong though jellicent is amazing at taking hits but it can't really take advantage of trick room because it can't dish out much damage.

No love for bronzong? he can set up trick room and abuse it to the same effect as ferrothorn with gyro ball except he only has one weakness instead of 2, sure he cant throw down spikes but you can always use him to set up dual screens, stealth rock and the all important trick room

Flame orb on conkeldur if your going with guts it'll last sleightly longer the set your running is completely walled by gliscor so I'd throw on ice punch and the things it his with payback will either outpace it and ko it or your opponent will switch and you'll hit the incoming pokemon with a 50 base power move so I'd replace that with bulk up or another coverage move.

Other that your team seems quite balanced well done :) I can see you having problems with rain teams and steel types so my advice would be to use your magnezone conservatively it plays a very important role for your team personally I would switch either volt switch(most of the time your opponent will switch in a ground type because of its 4x weakness and then you've lost momentum rather than gaining it) or flash cannon(terrible coverage) for substitute just for ease of prediction and it always nice to get those free subs against scizor locked into bullet punch ;) be careful though as the majority of the time one misprediction and magnezone is dead :L

Back