• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Enthusiasm!

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • I realised today that one of the things I like best about one of my best friends offline is how much enthusiasm he can show for something without being ashamed of it. He wants to share relevant things which he finds really interesting with anyone and everyone who'll listen and he's able to make it interesting just by being so enthusiastic and by letting how he expresses himself captivate whoever he talks to.

I'll give an example. Today, he was telling me about something he was learning about to do with blood pressure. Apparently holding your nose and trying to blow out through it has effects on blood pressure which does other stuff and etc. I'll not go into the details right now, but just over this little thing which was very specific to his interests, he was so excited telling me about it. He spoke in an excited voice with a huge smile on his face and he was using hand movements to emphasise what he was saying and it was just awesome! I've never seen someone look so alive and happy with what they were talking about, even though normally it'd be something so dull and inconsequential to the majority of people.

I want to be like that too! So, CC&P, ye guys are going to inspire me! What are any of you really enthusiastic about like my friend above? How do you communicate that enthusiasm to others and how well does it work? Make your enthusiasm show in your posts, too! I'd love to be interested in some of the things you've got to talk about!

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I'm generally pretty calm and not an enthusiastic person. Well, I at least don't act like I am. I probably just seem happy (whereas I usually seem to be neutral or sad, even if I'm not).

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Ponies!!!

I love ponies. Don't believe me? Ask me. Still don't believe me? Ask me again. Rinse and repeat until you can finally believe me. I'll paint myself purple and dress up like Twilight Sparkle if I have to.

I'm also wildly passionate about PC. You may often see me up in PCQ&F fighting for the underdog ideas or just generally giving a prod or a nod to good ideas and battling off bad ones. If I perceive some good in an idea, I remember it. I've done this since I was a wee n00bcaek, but nowadays I'd like to think I'm at least a little more intelligent in the way I go about it now, but that's not an invitation for anyone to comment on that. A lot of things that staff is NOW JUST FINALLY doing are originally my ideas, or ideas I've championed for in the past. I hate seeing good ideas ignored. I don't like to brag about it though...I've annoyed plenty of people with my passion for it. But that's their problem in my opinion. :3

I may not have any responsibility to PC personally, but I do love it to bits more than anyone most anyone else does.

There are plenty of other things I'm enthusiastic about, because I'm a passionate person once something arouses my passions. It's Just the way I am. I fight for intelligent discussion, I challenge ideals, I am an agent for change really. I always enjoy the mutable things of life, because they're usually the most fleeting and beautiful. I myself am an ever growing and changing thing. If you don't like me now, stick around a bit, I'll change or grow eventually...so long as you don't make a complete ass of yourself about it.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm a bore :(

I do like surprises though - good surprises. They usually get me pretty revved up, as far as interests go if someone mentions Pokemon at school then I am right there instantly.

A guy drew a Squirtle in my figure drawing class for a girl and as soon as I heard them mention that, my head just snapped up from my phone dramatically enough that they noticed me and brought me into the conversation, lol :b

Back