• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokéwood

Do you like the idea of Pokéwood?

• YES!!!!! I <3 it!

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • No, please go back to contests

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I don't partically care for contests, musicals, etc.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Years
Oh. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Anyways, in the anime a bunch of Pokewood/something similar stuff was on, on last Thursday(?) Here's some stuff from Serebii-
Costumes for our protagonists?
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps4.shtml
A special effect? (the fan blowing air) Plus the green screen.
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps5.shtml
Could the upper left pic. show some probable props?
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps6.shtml
We can edit our film?
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps7.shtml
Could we possibly get a trophy for our efforts?
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/743ps11.shtml

The above probably won't happen... but we can hope, right?

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Despite owning B/W for a year, I haven't tried musicals once. I found Pokemon contests boring, and overall a waste of time. The musicals look no different. Pokewood looks the same as contests, because you're using different moves to appeal to people.

I hate contests...WHY AND HOW are they popular?

And is it just me, or does Pokewood sound...inappropriate?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I got to say I love the mecha. I hope there's more mecha's to fight against. I wonder if there's a way to record our little movie and view it later, that'll be fun to see :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I got to say I love the mecha. I hope there's more mecha's to fight against. I wonder if there's a way to record our little movie and view it later, that'll be fun to see :)

It will probably have a save feature like the Recorder for battles. Seems like something we'd be able to share Wifi with. Who knows though.

Years
It will probably have a save feature like the Recorder for battles. Seems like something we'd be able to share Wifi with. Who knows though.
I hope so, it would give another use for the recorder other than Battle subway battles and sounds more fun than taking a picture like with the musicals...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh I'd like to be able to record them but not to share via wifi. Maybe just in a theatre actually at PokeWood, but that's all. Seems like something that'd be exclusive to the location.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
Echoing many people's sentiments, I think it sounds really interesting (and personally, way more interesting than contests and musicals - those never really grabbed me), although I'm reserving judgement until I actually see it. I get bored of these kinds of aspects of the games easily.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I don't get why people wouldn't wanna see each others Movies over Wi-Fi, personally, that's exactly what I wanna see, cause I'd be interested in what other people have conjured up

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I'm all for change, but I never really got that into contests and stuff, except in Emerald. But that was back when I didn't have many games so I used any excuse to play something, heh. I'll give it a shot.

Years
I don't get why people wouldn't wanna see each others Movies over Wi-Fi, personally, that's exactly what I wanna see, cause I'd be interested in what other people have conjured up

My thoughts exactly, it would be cool to see what moves or actions others used.

I hope there's diversity within the movie making, add more antagonists than Tyranitar such as Gyrados, and Hydreigon.

Eneko

Bezarius
Years
From what I've seen, I like contests better... Who knows, maybe my opinion will change when I get the game and start playing?

Years
I feel as if it will be fun the first couple of times and then lose it's appeal. It's a simple idea that doesn't offer a great amount of fun. I'm purely indifferent to it as a whole.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years

My thoughts exactly, it would be cool to see what moves or actions others used.

I hope there's diversity within the movie making, add more antagonists than Tyranitar such as Gyrados, and Hydreigon.

Yes it would lose its appeal if it were JUST tyranitar, other psuedo-legends would be appreciated

Anybody else thought it was funny how Mecha Tyranitar resembled Godzilla
HA

Back