• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shake It Like An Earthquake!!! - The Ground-Type Fan Club

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
The Ground-Type Fan Club
ground_type_wallpaper_by_reshiramaster-d5xqusj.jpg

What this Fan Club Is For
This club can be for a few things with Ground-Types.
1. You can say if you finally got a comp. ground type you have been looking for.
2. You can say if you came across a shiny ground type.
3.Sharing move-pools you got for a certain ground type.
4. Have Mono Ground battles with other trainers. (It depends on the person if they want to battle or not)

Current Topics
1. What got you into ground types?
2. What is your favorite Ground-Type Pokemon
3. If you could choose one Ground-Type pokemon to Mega-Evolve what pokemon would it be and why?

Rules
1. Follow all of PC's and Pokemon Clubs' rules.
2. Please don't spam, troll or harass.
3. Try to keep active!
4. Everyone can choose up to three partner Pokemon from the list upon joining ( Give nicknames if you want )
5. Make sure to have fun and Enjoy!

Sign-Up Form
Username:
Partner Pokemon:
Reason for joining:
Complete One topic:

List Of Ground-Type Pokemon
sandshrew.png
sandslash.png
nidoqueen.png
nidoking.png
diglett.png
dugtrio.png
geodude.png
graveler.png
golem.png
onix.png
cubone.png
marowak.png
rhyhorn.png
rhydon.png
wooper.png
quagsire.png
gligar.png
steelix.png
swinub.png
piloswine.png
phanpy.png
donphan.png
larvitar.png
pupitar.png
marshtomp.png
swampert.png
nincada.png
numel.png
camerupt.png
trapinch.png
vibrava.png
flygon.png
barboach.png
whiscash.png
baltoy.png
claydol.png
groudon.png
torterra.png
wormadam-sandy.png
gastrodon.png
gible.png
gabite.png
garchomp.png
hippopotas.png
hippowdon.png
rhyperior.png
gliscor.png
mamoswine.png
drilbur.png
excadrill.png
palpitoad.png
seismitoad.png
sandile.png
krokorok.png
krookodile.png
stunfisk.png
golett.png
golurk.png
landorus-incarnate.png
diggersby.png

Owner/Co-owners
O-StarGround16
gliscor.png

CO-Wicked3DS
sandslash.png

These are some awesome signatures made by Poki to show that you are a member of the Ground-Type Fan Club!
ub4_zpsd5702b1a.png

ub3_zpsabb8ae4f.png

ub5_zps574470b5.png

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Bonus point for anyone who can name the song (awesome reference by the way).

Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon: Sandslash, Nidoking, Garchomp
Reason for joining: I like most of the Ground-type Pokémon, and honestly, I really don't dislike any of them.
Complete One topic: If you could choose one Ground-Type pokemon to Mega-Evolve what pokemon would it be and why?

Flygon, I'm really disappointed that it's most likely going to get overlook in OR/AS since they're giving the other two Dragon-types Mega Evos. Flygon needs just a little bit of a boost to bring it up to a top-notch level in battle, and I think a Mega Evo would do just that.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Bonus point for anyone who can name the song (awesome reference by the way).

Username: Wicked3DS
Partner Pokemon: Sandslash, Nidoking, Garchomp
Reason for joining: I like most of the Ground-type Pokémon, and honestly, I really don't dislike any of them.
Complete One topic: If you could choose one Ground-Type pokemon to Mega-Evolve what pokemon would it be and why?

Flygon, I'm really disappointed that it's most likely going to get overlook in OR/AS since they're giving the other two Dragon-types Mega Evos. Flygon needs just a little bit of a boost to bring it up to a top-notch level in battle, and I think a Mega Evo would do just that.

Welcome to the club dude! If you ask me I think that there is a really good chance that there might be a mega of Flygon with Samalance & Altaria having a mega. It only makes since doesn't it?. Hope you have fun in this club. I might even have to make you Co-Owner. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

Years
Hmm, you see it opposite the way I do. I just think Salamence doesn't need one and I think that's going to get in the way now.

As far as being co-owner, that would be fine with me. I do run two clubs already so being partially in charge wouldn't be an issue for me.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Saw this and since I love ground types, count me in!

Name: Logical Cabbage
Partner Pokemon: Flygon [IDK if you can have more than one, but I will also like Swampert and Torterra. Sorry Garchomp.]
Reason For Joining: Ground types are awesome! They're obviously one of my favorite types of pokemon! They can beat up a lot of types and cover some weak points too!

What got you into ground types?
Easy. Sandshrew. When I first played Yellow and met that pokemon on Mt. Moon, I fell in love with it. Then I realized they have one of the best defense systems, and Cubone proved to be so too! Kalos disappointed me by a lot, but the rest have shown neat ground types!

Side note: Heard you need banners so I'll make a couple for you if you like. Just hope I'm not going displeasure you.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Saw this and since I love ground types, count me in!

Name: Logical Cabbage
Partner Pokemon: Flygon [IDK if you can have more than one, but I will also like Swampert and Torterra. Sorry Garchomp.]
Reason For Joining: Ground types are awesome! They're obviously one of my favorite types of pokemon! They can beat up a lot of types and cover some weak points too!

What got you into ground types?
Easy. Sandshrew. When I first played Yellow and met that pokemon on Mt. Moon, I fell in love with it. Then I realized they have one of the best defense systems, and Cubone proved to be so too! Kalos disappointed me by a lot, but the rest have shown neat ground types!

Side note: Heard you need banners so I'll make a couple for you if you like. Just hope I'm not going displeasure you.

Hey thanks a lot for joining. I appreciate that you would be willing to make some banners for me but i already have one person doing it as we speak and another person in line for making user bars. I hope you will have fun at this little club and if you have any suggestions feel free to tell me or Wicked3DS. Enjoy!!!

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Okay then. Just for advertising purposes, I took the liberty to make my own banner and post that on my signature. Flygon rules anyway!

What is your favorite Ground Type Pokemon?

Hmm... A hard one. Flygon people! The original Ground Dragon pokemon of the entire world! With a brutal attack and a speed that ensures to strike first, Flygon is your pokemon to be! Outrage will kill all who dares to defeat it!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Okay then. Just for advertising purposes, I took the liberty to make my own banner and post that on my signature. Flygon rules anyway!

What is your favorite Ground Type Pokemon?

Hmm... A hard one. Flygon people! The original Ground Dragon pokemon of the entire world! With a brutal attack and a speed that ensures to strike first, Flygon is your pokemon to be! Outrage will kill all who dares to defeat it!
I do have to admit Flygon is boss, but I have Gliscor as my favorite because, well, look at it. It is AWESOME!!! And by the way you can always do things like that to keep the club alive it has me do less things. haha.

Wicked3DS

Years
Getting quiet, let's see what a new topic can do.

What is your favorite Ground-type move?

Earthquake is the go to, but I'm a fan of Bonemerang, it's very unique and Marowak is a sleeper favorite of mine when it comes to Ground-types.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Like you said before, Earthquake is the move to go! I just love using Flygon and Swampert! Swampert can do Earthquake and Flygon won't even feel a thing! Mud Shot itself served a good purpose too, mainly to slow down foes. But Earthquake is the best of them all! But if I could, I'd come up with a better move than Earthquake.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Hey Everyone! Sorry that i haven't been able to really post at all. I have just been doing a lo with my family. I hope to be more active but, now with school coming up it is going to be a little harder. Thank you all for being patient and have fun!!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 6, 2014
{XD} Im Gonna Have to Say Barboach is meh Fave Pokemon out of every one of them:pink_boogie:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 7, 2014
Username: Dunderbalt
Partner Pokemon: Claydol.
Reason for joining: I love Ground Types, earthquake is probably one of the most effective moves in the game and literally dominates most pokemon besides flying of course.
Complete One topic: Rhyperior is also a beast.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Username: Autumn Reverie

Partner Pokemon: Garchomp and Krookodile. If only one is permitted, Garchomp.

Reason for joining: Ground-types are cool. They have lots of raw power and have mostly adequate defenses that are very useful to a team, no matter if it's attack or defense orientated. With one of the most powerful and reliable moves in the game, aka Earthquake, Ground-types are sure to shake the foundations beneath the feet of others, leading you to victory.

What is your favorite Ground-Type Pokemon
As you can tell from above, I like Garchomp and Krookodile. Strong and fast Pokemon suit my battle style preference. Garchomp and Krookodile more or less fulfil this criteria with great attack and speed stats. Not only that, their dual typings also aid them greatly, giving them many advantages in battle.

Years
Username: Sheep
Partner Pokemon:
phanpy.png
-smothers with love-
Reason for joining: Although ground types aren't my favorites they still have some awesome Pokemon I adore, like Gligar and Excadrill among others. I also have a ground type friend safari.. so it's pretty much meant to be, hehe. :')

If you could choose one Ground-Type pokemon to Mega-Evolve what pokemon would it be and why?
I actually think Sandslash could benefit a lot from a mega evolution. It's really cool-looking but immensely underused and forgotten, which does stink for how nicely-designed it is as a 'mon. Flygon would be nice too but it's already a fan favorite so I'm hoping to give other, lesser-used Pokemon more love.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Username: Dunderbalt
Partner Pokemon: Claydol.
Reason for joining: I love Ground Types, earthquake is probably one of the most effective moves in the game and literally dominates most pokemon besides flying of course.
Complete One topic: Rhyperior is also a beast.

Claydol can be really cool and yes, Rhyperior is beast! Welcome to the club!

Username: Autumn Reverie

Partner Pokemon: Garchomp and Krookodile. If only one is permitted, Garchomp.

Reason for joining: Ground-types are cool. They have lots of raw power and have mostly adequate defenses that are very useful to a team, no matter if it's attack or defense orientated. With one of the most powerful and reliable moves in the game, aka Earthquake, Ground-types are sure to shake the foundations beneath the feet of others, leading you to victory.

What is your favorite Ground-Type Pokemon
As you can tell from above, I like Garchomp and Krookodile. Strong and fast Pokemon suit my battle style preference. Garchomp and Krookodile more or less fulfil this criteria with great attack and speed stats. Not only that, their dual typings also aid them greatly, giving them many advantages in battle.
At least someone likes Krookodile for its speed!!! I love what they did with garchomp and his mega evolution! Although i think they could have done a little better. WElcome to the club.

Username: Sheep
Partner Pokemon: -smothers with love-
Reason for joining: Although ground types aren't my favorites they still have some awesome Pokemon I adore, like Gligar and Excadrill among others. I also have a ground type friend safari.. so it's pretty much meant to be, hehe. :')

If you could choose one Ground-Type pokemon to Mega-Evolve what pokemon would it be and why?
I actually think Sandslash could benefit a lot from a mega evolution. It's really cool-looking but immensely underused and forgotten, which does stink for how nicely-designed it is as a 'mon. Flygon would be nice too but it's already a fan favorite so I'm hoping to give other, lesser-used Pokemon more love.
I think that Flygon should get a mega anyway because is Altaria and Salamance get a mega why shouldn't Flygon? I can see so many cool things for Mega Flygon.

Heres a new thing I want to try to do. Each week I will put up a ground type pokemon (already mega or not) and I want you guys to tell me what a good nature would be and how the stats would change with giving it some good moves. So to start it off....
corocoro10145.jpg

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Username: AmourPearlShipper
Partner Pokemon: Rhyperior
Reason for joining: I like most Ground-type Pokemon and I think Ground is one of the best types both in-game and competitively.
I think Krookodile deserves a mega evolution since it's pretty popular and could really abuse STAB Knock Off and Earthquake if it had higher Speed and Attack, thus no longer having to rely on Life Orb or Choice Scarf and therefore becoming setup bait or being outsped by too many things.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Username: AmourPearlShipper
Partner Pokemon: Rhyperior
Reason for joining: I like most Ground-type Pokemon and I think Ground is one of the best types both in-game and competitively.
I think Krookodile deserves a mega evolution since it's pretty popular and could really abuse STAB Knock Off and Earthquake if it had higher Speed and Attack, thus no longer having to rely on Life Orb or Choice Scarf and therefore becoming setup bait or being outsped by too many things.
I think M-Krookodile would be cool, but what would it look like??? Welcome to the club!!! :)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Username: Aslan
Partner Pokemon: Piloswine

Reason for joining: tbh when I first played through pokemon and saw the rock type (yes I'm aware this is a ground type club hold it), I was a bit disappointed. Bits of boulder walking around, weak to most of the natural elements and the fist, who would want that? So when I encountered my first ground type, I was expecting more or less of the same thing. Thankfully, ground types are much better (no offense to rock types ^^;) than a few bits of rock. Despite their commonly associated countertype (not really sure how you'd describe the relationship between rock and ground) ground types offer amazing diversity with different species, typings and lore to make each ground type unique. To add to the love, most of my favourite pokemon have ground as either their primary or secondary typing. Things like Phanpy, Flygon, Piloswine, Nidoqueen, Quagsire etc. are some of my favourites. :) Mainly because their design is awesome. Also most (if not all) ground types can learn Earthquake and that's probably the best move to scream out during battle other than Thunder. so yay ground types <3

As hilarious as a mega evolution of Dugtrio would be (im just imagining more and more heads added to the same-sized hole), Mega Flygon would be a nice mega to have. :) Most dragons that look like Flygon have a mega evolution anyway so it's only fair + mega flygon would look really cool with whatever gamefreak throws at it. It would also boost Flygon's popularity seeing as most people usually go for something like salami-winged dragons instead. :(

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Username: Aslan
Partner Pokemon: Piloswine

Reason for joining: tbh when I first played through pokemon and saw the rock type (yes I'm aware this is a ground type club hold it), I was a bit disappointed. Bits of boulder walking around, weak to most of the natural elements and the fist, who would want that? So when I encountered my first ground type, I was expecting more or less of the same thing. Thankfully, ground types are much better (no offense to rock types ^^;) than a few bits of rock. Despite their commonly associated countertype (not really sure how you'd describe the relationship between rock and ground) ground types offer amazing diversity with different species, typings and lore to make each ground type unique. To add to the love, most of my favourite pokemon have ground as either their primary or secondary typing. Things like Phanpy, Flygon, Piloswine, Nidoqueen, Quagsire etc. are some of my favourites. :) Mainly because their design is awesome. Also most (if not all) ground types can learn Earthquake and that's probably the best move to scream out during battle other than Thunder. so yay ground types <3

As hilarious as a mega evolution of Dugtrio would be (im just imagining more and more heads added to the same-sized hole), Mega Flygon would be a nice mega to have. :) Most dragons that look like Flygon have a mega evolution anyway so it's only fair + mega flygon would look really cool with whatever gamefreak throws at it. It would also boost Flygon's popularity seeing as most people usually go for something like salami-winged dragons instead. :(

Flygon does need a mega. Maybe it will be a last second mega. Flygon is probably if not the most in the top 3 for most loved dragon or ground type. I know it is my favorite Dragon AND Ground type. Welcome To the Club!!!

Back