• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you train your pokemon?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    If I'm just trying to beat the game, I don't bother with IVs/EVs/natures. I just level them up somewhat equally, and I only bother with Exp. Share or switching out if the soon-to-be battler is too weak to fight on its own.

Whether the 'mon is male or female doesn't matter, most of the time. I would rather not have a male Gardevoir, for example.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    First, I find a team that can be caught before the E4, with compatible typing to make a balanced team (if two Pokemon have a weakness to Fire, for example, I make sure to have a Water type, and generally a Ground type if possible). Usually the first one can be gotten before the first or second gym (I don't use my starters once my other Pokemon can handle themselves).

The first Pokemon, I train up to get a solid lead-- 5-10 levels ahead of the next gym leader. Then, I try to get it to a ridiculous level so that it can beat just about anything else, regardless of type. When I catch my other Pokemon, I throw an EXP. Share on them until they can win their own fights, then train them up until they're at a solid level to function the same way the first did. I repeat this process until the team is formed.

AvocadoChris22

An fresh Avocado!
    Years
  • Well i been Ev trained dragon pokémon lately.
    An Horsea, Haxorus, Bagon and Deino. I got to say with the right ability, nature and moveset. They are a fearsome pokémon in battle, well except Seadra that is ready to evolve.

Years
  • I never really new what the nature did for a long time, like I only found out what it did recently ish.. But I still don't care about it, it could have 'pee pants' nature for all I care, if if it's a Pokemon I wanna use, I will.

How I train, my technique is just Kill all humans-I mean Pokemon- I mean.. Battle nicely.. I level up my Pokemon evenly, I don't like it if they are all mixed different levels, if the highest is lvl 60, and the rest are lvl 45, I will level them all up to 60. I'm not very good at grinding, so I just battle in high level areas, or if I'm up to it, the elite four. If a pokemon is low level, but the rest are high, I will give him an exp.share, and level him up 'till he/she is ready for the big time. (I do this also for pokemon I just wanna evolve to fill up my Pokedex)

When it's a new game, and I'm trying to find my perfect team, I wont just use the best pokemon I'm finding on the way and try and fill up my slots early, I will catch them, but I wont use them. (Eg, I'll have my beginner and one other Pokemon I know is gonna turn out good). That way, I wont waste experience points on those other pokemon, and the ones I'm focusing on will level quicker, and eventually I will have chosen the team I wanted and fill up all the slots with awesome-ness.

So yeah, that's me. :)

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Well i been Ev trained dragon pokémon lately.
    An Horsea, Haxorus, Bagon and Deino. I got to say with the right ability, nature and moveset. They are a fearsome pokémon in battle, well except Seadra that is ready to evolve.

Ah, Kingdra. I EV trained that sucker.. Biggest date of type considering being a dragon type. As soon as it was finished i looked at my work and thought... ****!!

As the Ice weakness. I went back to Lapras straight away. Looking back now, I don't even know why i tried to get rid of it.. Lapras kicks butt.

Back