• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guten tag!

Flatfoot679

I made this account quite a while ago, but never used it so I thought I would post this thread. I like to play pokemon (specifically Gale of darkness (who else likes it? :D) and edit pokemon roms (I am admittedly better at graphics than scripting :P).

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Welcome to PC flatfoot! I had the same problem as you. Well, everybody here is friendly(including me). Go check our rom-hacking sections. Hope you have a lot of fun around here!

Flatfoot679

Thanks for the welcome and information! I will check it out (>^.^)>

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Hey, Flatfoot! From the sound of your title, you might either hail from Germany or are a German-speaking native. If either, both are cool - I've heard Germany is a pretty awesome place, and I especially want to visit it at some point. If you do just speak German, did you learn in school? I've tried to learn it before but I crashed and burn in such a brutal way lmao...

Anyway, welcome to PokeCommunity! So, you're into ROM Hacking, huh? If so, the Emulation forum is definitely to you, sir! It has a plethora of subforums such as the Toolbox that offers tools and resources that are at your disposal if you're missing a certain something to finishing that hack of yours! Speaking of in-progress hacks, the Progressing Hack Subforum is ready to host your work in progress! By the way, if you're not all that great at a part of hacking, someone in the Emulation forum just might offer you some tips or advice. ;)

Once more, welcome to PokeCommunity! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to leave me a Visitor Message! I'll get back to you as soon as I can, I promise. :3 Enjoy your stay here!

Flatfoot679

Thank you! :) German is actually my second language that I decided to learn because I am part German :P. I have already downloaded some tools and plan to make a rom version of Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness :D.

Years
  • Hello to all from the pokemon forums! :D
    I made this account quite a while ago, but never used it so I thought I would post this thread. I like to play pokemon (specifically Gale of darkness (who else likes it? :D) and edit pokemon roms (I am admittedly better at graphics than scripting :P).

Hi Flatfoot, and welcome.

I have to say your account is quite old now, having joined back in June 2012. Why only start posting now? Did school or something get in the way? Anyways, we're glad to have you back here.

If your main interest is hacking, you'd definitely love the Emulation boards, it has everything hack-related you want, such as script help, map ratings and reviews, team discussions, and you'll make loads of friends there too since we have loads of hackers at PC. Me? Nah, I can't hack cos of all those codes but you'll have loads of fun with hacking, and can't wait to see what you come up with.

I'm Hikari, and feel free to ask me or a mod if you ever need help knowing your way around PC.

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Flatfoot679

Oh no, I wanted to sign up so I could post my in progress hack, but I had to wait 3 months to post it (because the scrapbook thread thingy got shut down). After 3 months I wasn't really working on it so I didn't do anything on the forums. :P

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
    Years
  • Hello Flatfoot!
    Lovely to hear another German speaking member of the forums has arrived! :D

You will certainly love the ROM hacking section of the forums.
    Also, Gale of Darkness is fantastic in every sense of the word! :)

I hope you have a lovely time here, & feel free to say hello if you'd like to chat!

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    I love Gale of Darkness! Though I've got to admit, it was a pretty challenging games at some parts, although significantly easier in Colosseum as far as purifying Pokemon goes. XD`

The other replies here have already guided you around the forums, but I'm here in case you need a friend around! :3 PM/VM if you want, and enjoy the amazing atmosphere and people here!

Years
  • Even though your account was made in June, it's never too late to get participating in things here. Always room for more, after all. :D Welcome to the amazing Pokecommunity, Flatfoot! Anything you'd prefer to be called? Pretty neat to hear you're part German; I have some family members living there, actually. It's one of the four languages I'd love to learn sometime in the future, though I suppose it's about time to stop putting that off and finally get to it. xD;

Will admit that I've never played Gale of Darkness before, though I did hear some pretty good things about it. Spinoffs in general are games I don't play much... not sure why since they do seem really interesting (especially Mystery Dungeon and Conquest), so I guess it's because the main series Pokemon games eat up most of my time. The Spinoff Games section would be your best bet for Gale of Darkness-related chatter, so I recommend stopping by there sometime if you'd like to discuss the game with other fans. Any other games you like outside Pokemon, by the way?

We have the amazing Emulation section for all things ROM hacking, which some of our members already linked you to. You'll find a lot of tools, resources, and many other things that are useful for building your own game. Well, just see for yourself, as there's a reason why it's our biggest section here! Just make sure to be within the rules when you post so the staff can keep everything organized. If you're ever confused about how anything works over there, you're more than welcome to contact DrFuji or giradialkia and they'd be happy to help out with anything related to the Emulation section.

See you around and remember that I'm always open to chat if you're looking for a friend! Hope you had a wonderful New Year's. <3

Last edited:

Flatfoot679

I would be happy to have you guys as friends :D and thanks for directing me in the right direction? Lol anyway I almost finished the title screen for my hack, although I cant post it right now since I have to have 15 posts :/

See you around!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Hi Flatfoot679! Well, you could talk about anything Pokemon in this forum that you'll soon noticed you have filled 15 posts! Pokemon Gaming Central, Pokemon General, Other Chat and Discussion thread for anything non-Pokemon, everywhere! Welcome and nice to meet you!

Last edited:

Flatfoot679

Danke schön :) looks like I will be busy on the forums today! :P

Back