• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Chaining issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I haven't been having trouble chaining up high numbers, I have 45 Natus chained right now, and I'm looking for a shiny patch... the only problem I'm having is that every time I reset the radar, if I do suspect a shiny patch it always appears right behind my character... I can't tell if it's shiny or just rustling a lot... only thing I hate about this game is that you can't see behind your character....

Any other complaints?

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
  • they dare put trapinch/vibrava in route 228 (or whatever) where there's a sandstorm >_< lol
    it's hard enough to find those in there, let alone chain a lot of them

Years
  • i had a spinda sawrm yesterday and the place where you get it is near stark mountin and there is this volcano ash that makes seeing so hard i can't see a thing when doing chains in volcano ash/sandstorm/hail

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    GAH!.... I officially hate chaining... 45 Natus... and A GLOOM appears out of no where when I'm avoiding all patches of grass....

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I should've just gone to the patches behind my character that I suspected to have been Shiny... I bet it's all because I had a Modest Synchronizer...

the3rdhardyboy

trainer?
    Years
  • lolz i get probs like that all the time man why does have such a huge head i also once saw a shny pacth and i freaked rn to it accdently pressed right and i hit a normal pacth and my chain was gone i got up 20

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
  • i didn't really think chaining to get a shiny took so many in a row
    i got 2 shinies with 9 and 10 in a row

oh and a tip: use the spell tag ^^

ultima2096

~baka baka
    Years
  • one shiny that i really want is a beldum, today i have them swarming.. "excellent" one mite say, "get out there do your thing and chain up and get that shiny". Problem its swarming on route 228 which makes chaining next to impossible with that stupid sandstorm.

Years
  • Well, back to your question...You'll know that Natu's shiny if the patch sparkles a light blue, and never go behind you while chaining, the radar only effects the screen that you can see when you use it, so if you go back you could break your chain.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
  • actually it works on every patch so sometimes the tile right behind the player rustles too
    you just have to experience the different amounts of rustling/shining behind you and you'll get it eventually

Miso

Haa~ HaHa
    Years
  • If a Pokemon comes out of no where, and you didn't use the poke-radar, try using Super Repels / Max Repels and put a high leveled Pokemon in front, namely one that's a higher level than the Pokemon you're chaining. Of course, I'm not an expert at chaining. Barely tried. Also the chances of finding a shiny patch whether or not you chained a lot, ( I believe) is still low. If you believe you see a shiny patch at places that you can't see because your character is blocking the view. It's best that you stay away from it, so you don't break your chain.

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    >_< I am doing everything I did when I found my 2 shiny Doduos... But all of a sudden I was chaining Oddish, got up to 40, was reseting my radar, I went down 6 steps and still had it, then I went down 6 steps again and the system freaks out and I lose my chain... GOD I really am starting to hate chaining, that's 2 shinies I've lost out of that I could've gotten...

Oh and I don't know what's up with the shiny Patches, I've never seen a blue gleaming patch other than in videos, I've seen a few different ones, like ones that have a small star floating around on them, or ones that have a what I can only describe as a white covering it all the way with stars dancing on top of it... To be honest I've only seen the shiny patch 4 times and it's never what I see on the other peoples videos.

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I've been chaining for 3 days now and still no shiny >.>

Whats the average number of chains ppl usually do before a shiny appears? And yeah not being able to see whether the grass patch right behind you is shining can be very frustrating.

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    most people say 40 is a good number to stop on, highest chains I've ever gotten were 45 and out of those was Doduo and I caught 2 shinies in that chain. I was lucky in two aspects, 2 shinies, and they're both good natures.

I think the game somehow knows when you have a synchronizer you wanna use to increase the chance of a good natured shiny because I have a quite Gardevoir I was gonna send out when I get to the shiny patch... but whatever it didn't work out like that because I somehow walked out of range when it was in range the first time...

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    GAH!... I'm going to kill someone... I was chaining Elecktrikes and I got up to 48 and I think some patches came up shiny but they're always right behind my character T0T... I was reseting for almost an hour... I WANT MY HOUR BACK... that's 3 shiny's I have probably missed out on because you can't see behind your character...

ShadowTails

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    yeah, but that's 3 chains that should've produced a Shiny, which they probably did but didn't thanks to me not being able to tell "is that a shiny patch? but why would it appear behind my character?" T0T Oddish, Natu, and Electrike... I'm going to try one more time, if I suspect a shiny patch, I'm going for it!

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • I chained 25 roselias today and a staravia appeared. I ALMOST BROKE MY DS! Im still ticked off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back