• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're my best friend!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Another friend thread, yay!

Who's your best offline friend? (if you have more than one, you're going to have to dedicate a reply to each of them!!)
When's the last time you hung out with them?
What did you do?
Describe them in as little or as much detail as you'd like.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I've had a few 'best friends' in my life but they were only 'best childhood friend' or 'best school friend'... so they didn't really count. But ever since I moved schools and badly ended my first and only best friendship I had ever had at the end of 5th grade, for the next 7 years I had no one to call 'my best friend'.

...that was until 2 months ago. It's kinda funny because I met my best friend exactly two months ago today. It's hard to think that someone who is your best friend you only met in a short as time as two months but life has it's ways of working how they work out.

Spoiler:

The tl;dr version: Met 8 others at camp who eventually became my new best friends however I became the closest to one particular guy in my new group of friends. Haven't seen him since I left camp since he's all the way in Brazil but we talk everyday and I miss him and our other friends like crazy ;-;

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
My best offline friend's name is Lauren. We last hung out when we went out for lunch yesterday. She doesn't have as much time for me anymore since she started her new job as a security guard which has stupidly long shifts, so I think I'm going to need to come up with a different game plan. Start auditioning new best friends.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't really have a best friend. More like a few really close friends. Although I don't know if they reciprocate that feeling because it's not a thing that ever gets talked about but yeah.

Um three of them are brothers that I've known for like five years. I last hung out with the younger two yesterday because there was a pizza party thing at Hanna's (the only girl I consider a close friend) house for youth group and we ate pizza and played in a field and it was good fun. The oldest- who is also my ex-boyfriend lol- I haven't properly seen in a while because he's like four hours away but we did video chat a few weeks ago.

We're all pretty close. We met in youth group and we've all just stuck together for the last five years or so. It's really nice and I love them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
For me it's James who I met in my first year of high school, basically been like a brother to me for 5 years now and thankfully we're not sick of each other yet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
There's someone I've considered a best friend for a good nine years now. However, we don't really speak much so I sometime wonder if we can still classify ourselves as such. However, whenever I'm in doubt she says somewhere I am her best friend so ... who knows.

Anyways, her name is Alyssa and she used to live across the street from me. When she did we would hang out allll the time. Alas, that isn't the case anymore and right now she's up in New York with her girlfriend so ... yeah. Kind of hard to hang out with her when she's several states away. Maybe I should text her sometime at least.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
My best friend of 8 years is Alex. I met him at school in computer class when he asked me why I was wearing a Pokemon shirt. "Because I can" was my reply -_- And that was the beginning of our friendship! But yeah Pokemon was kinda the thing that brought us together, and we were both happy for that since it was like impossible to find other people at school who liked it (or at least would admit to liking it). People always used to ask us if we were going out..like, constantly. Even if I was dating another person :I People just assumed so because we were always together, I guess.

I made other friends through school also, but Alex has always been there consistently. He's at college now, but luckily he's only an hour away, so I'll be seeing him in a couple weeks when he goes on break.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't have an offline best friend, really. I guess if I had to pick someone, it'd be my boyfriend. We hang out almost every day and play games or just watch random sitcoms on tv. We're a bit boring, but that's okay haha. lol this is so weird to answer without talking about my actual best friend. :( WHICH IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, IT'S KLIPPY!

Back