• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Recording your journey

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In past games, we've had things like a journal, in which your journey was recorded in, somewhat. And we could review our recent progress on the menu screen when turning on the games (which was somewhat annoying!) and we've been able to record and save battles but never our actual journey in a recordable format. We've had Cameron the photographer in HG/SS, who took photos of you at various points, but never actually recorded the journey.

With technology in the real world improving, do you see a camera type of device, which can "record" limited parts of your journey? Or would you just like to record it via text, and thus would like the journal to return? Or would you rather someone minor like the photographer in HG/SS to make a return and take photos to mark where you've explored throughout the games and view them later? What other ways do you think the journey could be recorded? Would you like to be able to record and replay your journey, or re-read, or just view it again? If not, why not? Would you not bother with a feature or something along those lines to record...? Also on that note, would you like to be able to record every battle you choose, and not just limited ones (like in Subway, wifi, etc)? Share yo thoughts!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • You know, I think the aspect of recording things seems to be a focal point for pokemon games nowadays. I often wonder from Gen 4, that since we've gotten a synopsis of our past events, maybe it can go beyond that and record important parts of our journey. If you can recall, they've sort of did in Pokemon Leaf Green and Pokemon Fire Red. Whenever we've gotten back from a saved part on our adventure, it always gave that "Last time... during your adventure," bit where it gave a brief recording on what you did before you've last saved, when it came to defeating trainers, catching pokemon, or other wise.

And you know what? I've liked that feature! Why? Well, It looks like.. you're playing in a game that's set like a T.V Show! So yes, I would definitely like it if they've brought that feature again. Not only for your benefited pleasures, but hey, if you're a braggart, how about a function that allows you to share your previous adventures with your friends? Maybe with your friends, you can be like, "hey! look what I've caught..!" While the other friend can be like, "Oh cool! Look what item I've found!" Something like that.

It'd be nice if there was some sort of photography, like the photography from HG/SS too. Let's say there was a point where we've gotten old, or, I don't know, the protagonist gets old. We/They can always go back to our game photos and say, hey. Remember when I did that with them? Good times.

The same goes for recording battles, however, I'd at least like to have the option to save more than one recorded battle file.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    It'd be especially nice to be able to view the Champion's battle. As in, "Here's my entry to the Hall of Fame".

Cyclone

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I honestly want a Wi-Fi journal. Something like the journals in FRLG and DPPt, but every time you link with someone via Wi-Fi or wireless, it updates their journal which can be viewed from the Pal Pad. In Join Avenue, you can get an idea of what people have done in their games by talking to them if you invite them to your Avenue, but it'd be cool if they had it in the Pal Pad or something new that works with it so that you can see how far they are in the game and everything.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I think recording EVERY battle is reaching the point of overkill. I mean, are you really going to care about that Youngster you just beat with his Rattata clone when you're at the sixth gym? I'm gonna say more than likely not. If it recorded all of your major battles (like battles in Gyms, anything against the evil team, your rival, etc.) that'd honestly be plenty.

However, I do like Shawn's suggestion of bringing back the "Last time on your journey..." flashback from FR/LG. I honestly thought that was a really cool idea that Game Freak implemented. It was a cool way to see your accomplishments, plus if you forgot what you did last in your game (which I might have done multiple times) it gave you a quick refresher.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I didn't like the journal at first. Every time I started the game, I had to wait a bit longer to play. However, it did prove useful for me because I have some memory problems and appreciated that the game reminded me what I was doing. I think if it can be an option, it would be very nice to have back in the game.

Even better, in my opinion, would be a real quest system.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I say, bring back the photographer! Taking pictures with my Pokémon at different locations one was of my favorite things in HG/SS.

I did like the journal in DPPt and the "Previously on your journey..." flashbacks in FR/LG though, because it reminded us what we did last in case we forgot. It's just a great thing for people who easily forget things they've done in the game. I don't care so much about the journal returning ─ honestly, I usually ended up turning pages when all I wanted to do was close it off and play ─ but I would love to see the flashbacks come back. I thought of all things, that was pretty neat.

Not so sure about recording every battle in-game though. Recording some, sure, or having a limit of how many battles we can record is fine. But EVERY battle? It's a bit excessive and honestly it would take up unnecessary space.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't really want to have to manually record things myself, because I know I won't and then I'll feel bad about it afterwards.

It would be nice if they had an optionally commentary style record of your adventure. Sort of like the commentator in the anime. I think something similar was in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I want the journal to return but uhh for it to be optional. It was extremely annoying to use. :( A photographer would be okay but only if it isn't small sprites. I just found that so dumb. I want a full on photo!

Back