• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reporting for duty.

Battletested

Dimitri
Years
Hello, Pokemon Community, where you're still working on a slogan!

I'm Battletested (or as I'm better known as D'metey), an 18 year old, who resides in a small town in Pennsylvania, approximately 12 miles out from Philadelphia, with aspirations to join the FBI after I get both of my bachelor's degrees in the appropriate fields and master my fluency of Korean. But in the meantime, I'm here mainly to discuss, share, and hopefully collaborate with people on hacking some Pokemon ROMs.

I am currently working on a project to up the difficulty of Pokemon Red (which is just the start of a long series of ROM hacks with similar intents) with a few friends of mine.

While I won't beg anyone for help on this project (yet), I will be kind enough to say I am hoping to redo the entire game and tweak the little issues that always seemed to bug me when I played it back when I first played Pokemon.

If you're interested in the project, feel free to send me a message on here, or contact me via something I put up on my work-in-progress profile. I'm very eager to collaborate with some of the geniuses that reside on this website, as I would be both humbled and honored to work with them.

Anyways, cheers, and I hope you didn't get bored reading this!

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
I got bored reading it.
Oh hey, someone else who lives in PA! =D

Anyway, welcome to PC. Remember to the read rules and blah blah blah. Check the ROM hacking section blah blah blah. Oh, and if you want to talk to someone feel free to drop me a VM. =)

Years
Hello, Pokemon Community, where you're still working on a slogan!

I'm Battletested (or as I'm better known as D'metey), an 18 year old, who resides in a small town in Pennsylvania, approximately 12 miles out from Philadelphia, with aspirations to join the FBI after I get both of my bachelor's degrees in the appropriate fields and master my fluency of Korean. But in the meantime, I'm here mainly to discuss, share, and hopefully collaborate with people on hacking some Pokemon ROMs.

I am currently working on a project to up the difficulty of Pokemon Red (which is just the start of a long series of ROM hacks with similar intents) with a few friends of mine.

While I won't beg anyone for help on this project (yet), I will be kind enough to say I am hoping to redo the entire game and tweak the little issues that always seemed to bug me when I played it back when I first played Pokemon.

If you're interested in the project, feel free to send me a message on here, or contact me via something I put up on my work-in-progress profile. I'm very eager to collaborate with some of the geniuses that reside on this website, as I would be both humbled and honored to work with them.

Anyways, cheers, and I hope you didn't get bored reading this!

Hi Battletested, cool username you have.

Welcome to the friendly community known as PokeCommunity. PC for short. We have a very interactive memberbase and we're glad to welcome you aboard.

Since your main interest is in ROM hacking, I'm happy to direct you to the Emulation section for that. PC is home to one of the largest ROM hacking communities of any Pokemon forum so you know you'll get good knowledge.

To start your journey on PC, come to our Adoption Center where our friendly mod Cirno will help you out by finding a mentor to guide you around, but there's a catch for those seeking Emulation mentors. They are only there to show you around and not to help with your hack, OK?

Well, have a fun time and feel free to message me or a moderator/admin!

- Hikari10

Years
Hi there, D'metey, and a big welcome to the forum! That first line in your intro gave me a good laugh, ehe. We'll probably still be working on a better slogan for many years to come~!

It's pretty cool that you're in Pennsylvania, to be honest. I went there once with a friend to their vacation house and it was really beautiful. So much nature and so many animals! I'd definitely go again if given the chance. n_n

But yeah, our Emulation section is definitely the best place for all things ROM hacking! My favorite hacks are the ones that increase the difficulty of official games, so I'll be looking forward to your Red hack for sure. :D Good luck with it!

Anyways, it was great meeting you and I hope to keep running into you here in the future. <3 Feel free to contact me if you need any help, by the way!

Back