• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
Years
  • Okay, I made the events for the starte pokemon when you choose one, the others are unavailable to be picked but for some reason I have a hard time trying to make an event page to say something like "this pokeball belongs to the professor, i shouldn't be greedy." this message should appear on the pokeballs that weren't choosen but I'm a little confused on how to set that up. Oh and by the way, how do you set up the pictures of the pokemon to pop up when you select a pokemon, but don't choose them at that moment, like at Professor Elm's lab in Pokemon G/S/C.

Like this:
    choose_totodile.gif

Last edited:

sprugles555

L Spriter, Advanced RMXP User
    Years
  • Okay, I made the events for the starte pokemon when you choose one, the others are unavailable to be picked but for some reason I have a hard time trying to make an event page to say something like "this pokeball belongs to the professor, i shouldn't be greedy." this message should appear on the pokeballs that weren't choosen but I'm a little confused on how to set that up.

Create three events, then make three switches POKeMON 1, POKeMON 2 and POKeMON 3.
    Then make a new event page and at the bar at the side which says Switch:[BOX], Set the switch to either POKeMON 1, POKeMON 2 or POKeMON 3. Make some text saying: "this pokeball belongs to the professor, i shouldn't be greedy." and make a new event page with a self switch of A. On your main event page (page 1) Make the first pokeball turn on switches POKeMON 2 and POKeMON 3. And then turn its self switch on. It will make POKeBall 2 and 3 show text saying: "this pokeball belongs to the professor, i shouldn't be greedy." and the chosen Pokeball disappear.
    --------------------------------------------

If you didn't understand that quick tutorial send me an email and i'll get back to you with detailed instructions!

And for the pictures that pop up, in your event when you have selected the pokeball and it says want this Pokemon: yes, no?
    there should be in your event a show picture command. so it shows the pic of the pokemon when you have selected the ball!
    ---------------------------------------------

If that was unclear again email me :)
    Hope that helped someone...

Sprugles555

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Actually, you only need one switch - Event Page 1 should have no conditions, Page 2 should have the switch, and Page 3 should have Self Switch A.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Yeah, I have a MIDI editor, so if you need help with looping, I can do it for you :).

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    No. Unfortunately, you need to set a specific event in a midi editor. It's fairly easy, if you know what you're looking for. It's in one of the tutorials here, I believe.

You mean THIS one here?

Yeah, I have a MIDI editor, so if you need help with looping, I can do it for you

If I can't do it myself, I'd really appreciate help with it, thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I never noticed that tutorial - I learnt to do it myself... But upon reading it through, it should help you.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    @RMXPUser462 - It ceases to amaze me how people think half of us are telekinetic, and can read your mind. Why don't you explain in detail why it doesn't work? It's obvious that your doing something wrong, so post your event, and explain your situation better.

oh you aren't? I'm sorry, guess i'll explain and give you the event then :P

ok, so ya, pretty much trying to get it to where you can have a partner trainer, and I'm using the event following, and using the script command poccil said to use...

@>Text: Would you like a partner to fight with you?
    @>Choices: Yes, No
    : When [Yes]
    @>Script: pbRegisterPartner (PBTrainers::CAMPER,"Gregory",0)
    @>Control Self Switch: A=ON
    @>
    : When [No]
    @>Text: Oh, ok then...
    @>
    : Branch End
    @>

and why did you tell me to explain why it doesn't work, when that's what I'm trying to figure out in the first place... xP but ya I should have explained the situation better, an error on my part there

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I never noticed that tutorial - I learnt to do it myself... But upon reading it through, it should help you.

I just tried it, and didn't understand a word of it o.o
    I'm no good at all with music.

Do you mind giving it a try? The MIDI file is HERE if you think you can do it. Thanks.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • Hmm... even after I updated to the latest version I'm *still* having audio problems. Sometimes, when moving between connected maps, the MIDI tracks either stop completely or only play some instruments. It's really beginning to get on my nerves.

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    @>Text: Would you like a partner to fight with you?
    @>Choices: Yes, No
    : When [Yes]
    @>Script: pbRegisterPartner (PBTrainers::CAMPER,"Gregory",0)
    @>Control Self Switch: A=ON
    @>
    : When [No]
    @>Text: Oh, ok then...
    @>
    : Branch End
    @>

thought I should explain a little better really quickly...

i used the script command, put the trainer into the trainers.txt file, and created the back for the character in the graphics/pictures folder, if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or what it is that I haven't done would be much appreciated :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Try
    Code:
    pbRegisterPartner(
    PBTrainers::CAMPER,"Gregory",0)
    Notice the lie break after the "(".

phoenixprime88b5

From the ashes, I rise...
    Years
  • As an example I used the Camper gregory to see if i could just get the partner trainer option to work at all and i keep getting this error.

Exception: RuntimeError
    Section077:318:in `pbRegisterPartner'undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass
    Section017:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
    (eval):2:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Section017:1615:in `eval'
    Section017:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Section017:1615:in `command_355'
    Section017:467:in `execute_command'
    Section017:190:in `update'
    Section017:104:in `loop'
    Section017:195:in `update'
    Section019:98:in `update'

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2008
    I can't make my script work. Can someone show me how a script to add 5 pokeballs has to look like?

TIA

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back