• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Difference between FR and LG v1 and v2

Years
I was looking at codejunkies.com and it said that there are two verisons of FR and LG. If this is true is there a serial number that separates the two games? Because I dont know which one I have and I dont want to risk erasing my file.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
Since this is related to ROMs, I'll move it over to the Emulation forums, as it's the better fitting place.

There are different dump versions of the games. 1.0 is the first, initial dump. If some errors were found in it, other release groups, or the same, make a second dump of the game, the version 1.1.
The list goes on and on, but usually every errors are fixed in the 1.2 version, so no further dumps are needed.
The differences for cheaters or hackers are that the offsets of things changed, so cheat codes or programs won't work on those ROMs, unless they're adjusted.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
but it's not a dump its the actual cartridge game. It's not on my computer.

Why don't you say that then? XD

Well, it pretty much stays the same, though. Usually, retail cartridges are a 1.0 version.
If, like in Ruby, a glitch got in the game (Time-Berry problem), the game maker will release a new version of the game, and remove the others from stores. That would be version 1.1, 1.2, etc.

The differences are the same like in my other post.

Years
Yeah. The best example of this is Ocarina of Time. It had three versions, too.

Initial (Gold): 1.0
Normal Grey: 1.1
Game of the Year Grey: 1.2

However, the Pokémon games aren't as easily told apart. They don't label them, either, I suppose.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
I think the version you're talking about is action replay versions, and not game versions...

Back