• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did... Did i just do that? AAAAAAH!

TY

Mistakes... we all make them in video games, if they are small or big, we all make them.

How many mistakes do you make while playing video games? Whats your usual reaction to them?

I make mistakes a lot, sometimes it even makes me lose. Like for instance in Red Alert 2 i walked a Spy straight into some dogs and in the end i realized i couldnt afford to lose him... I got frustrated since i got so far that i tried to complete the mission anyways and sent my hero to death aswell thinking i would not be in the range of the base defences...

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
In about every game I say to myself I wonder if I can jump off. Normally it ends in me dying. Also not reading or listening to the tutorial and later in the game you regret it normally in RTS's

TY

In about every game I say to myself I wonder if I can jump off. Normally it ends in me dying. Also not reading or listening to the tutorial and later in the game you regret it normally in RTS's

I always skip tutorials, which costs me nothing actually, but i make my hero die in almost every mission twice... Pro tip of the day: Dont scout with your hero unit... should be a tutorial for me

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
chuckleslucifer said:
I always skip tutorials, which costs me nothing actually, but i make my hero die in almost every mission twice... Pro tip of the day: Dont scout with your hero unit... should be a tutorial for me

While I don't share these experiences in RTS games, I do understand their nasty effects elsewhere. For example. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. In Mephisto's Realm you unlock the ability, if you can call it that, to fall to your death (seriously). The game doesn't notify you of this. So you can either A. Jump-off out of curiosity (Me) or B. Fall off due to an accident (Also me).

Next, Tutorials screw me every time. Especially when I buy new games. I'm so excited to get into the game that I rush through the tutorials. This always comes back to bite me in the rump. I can't tell you how quickly I would have grasped a game if I would just take the 10 minutes to read the tutorial, instead of figuring out what it taught mid-battle while getting beaten to a bloody-pulp trying to experiment with it. And even then I don't often figure it out completely. For example, just today I figured out Relay Combos in Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3. This was shared with me in some of the opening levels... and if I had payed attention to the previous installation, it was shared a game-ago.

I share your pain. Not in the same genre, but the same... ah hell, you get it.

Now, my own mistake. I split it up.

A. (In-Game) | When it comes to games like Naruto: Ninja Storm, Kingdom Hearts and Marvel vs Capcom. I button mash when I could simply press the buttons to correspond the hits of the character's weapon/fist to the amount of times I pressed the button. IE. 4 Button Presses, 4 Character hits.

This often times causes me to do things out of my control, and on bad days, makes me lose a level or match.

B. (Overall) | I'm a very impatient gentlemen. I don't like to read, especially in video games, I like action! Bam, Bomb, Bobbity-Boop! So sitting there and reading walls of text from characters really bores me. Unless the story is gripping, then I will not hesitate to spam the A/X button.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I was just replaying the Hero story in Sonic Adventure 2 yesterday. I didn't die once in Crazy Gadget (considered the worst level), but ended up making all kinds of bad jumping mistakes in Final Rush. For example, there's this part where you can jump a long way down to another set of grind rails to skip a portion of the level. I only get it 70% of the time. xD

Years
This usually happens to me during cutscenes or tutorials. For some reason, when I'm not in control of the game, I still like to press random buttons, and sometimes this results in skipping the cutscene/tutorial... and therefore I miss important information.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
I hate it when I pick a dialogue options I didn't mean to pick in RPG games. I save a lot and in multiple slots, but when I pick the wrong thing to say I have to reload the game and if that dialogue option was 5 minutes into the conversation it can be annoying to reclick everything.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Er, well, minor mistakes I make in video games generally include using the wrong move in fighting games.. most notably Blazblue, if I get too excited and make a special move foolishly for the opponent to counter attack, ahaha. Sometimes I forget about my advantages too - like, if I have a character that has a long-range advantage, sometimes I don't abuse that fact. >>;;

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Tons of times on the four dragons, on Final Fantasy: Advanced Tactics

I literally missclicked once and it caused my whole team to die. This was about 6 months ago, I haven't tried since.

Back