• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
  • http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7910545&postcount=9722

I like this guy. He joins out of nowhere with a beautiful app and flings himself straight at my character. What did I ever do to deserve this? :P

I'm flattered by the praise for certain, it's nice to receive such a kind remark from the GM no less. I'm pleased you enjoyed my effort. ^-^ In terms of my reasoning I suppose I wanted to throw kale right into the thick of the action. .3.

I could learn a thing from this guy...

I am unsure what you mean... though I doubt I would make a good teacher in any format. XD

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Oh great! How was it there?

It was great, thanks for asking. I had a great time and I feel completely refreshed. In fact, I think I feel more inspired to write, and that may mean I'll be posting more often. That is, if a certain high school doesn't get in the way.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • It was great, thanks for asking. I had a great time and I feel completely refreshed. In fact, I think I feel more inspired to write, and that may mean I'll be posting more often. That is, if a certain high school doesn't get in the way.

Yup, I definatly understand that last part :P

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • I have a quick question regarding my next post. I plan to have the Aron's trainer appear and, after being saved by Alice, he'll give her an Egg as thanks. Is there a chance that the egg could contain a Froakie? Or another starter?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • @Mick Fizz: Yeah. I don't see why not. Eggs are usually left up to the user and they're the only way to obtain certain pokemon like starters and exceptionally rare non-legendaries on the island.

@Edit: So I was taking a break from writing my post and I got sloppy and didn't copy/paste it over to notepad for safety; wouldn't you know it I come back to "Token Expired!"

I was about to rage because I really don't need that kind of setback in my current state but then when I hit back all the way to the new reply version and refreshed Chrome it gave me my entire post back.

Technology is amazing.

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • I have a question. How are TMs taught? It just seems kind of weord, do they watch a video or? I'm just not sure.

Dawn

Years
  • @Ewery1: TMs are memory altering in nature. I want to say they spin somehow and emit knowledge as a form of energy. Alternatively, pokemon might be able to read their contents just by looking at them without any spinning required, the pokemon's eyes acting as the laser to read the disc almost as if they were reading a book only with memory altering powers to help them quickly grasp the information they're absorbing.

I want to say either way is effective. This is based solely off the fact that TMs are discs of some sort and their mechanics in-game. As for what's up with the seemingly magic memory altering powers, I want to say they're emitted as waves through the air. I cannot even begin to grasp what might happen if a human tried to use them.

Maybe they just wouldn't be able to process the emissions of the disc, completely denying them the knowledge--Or maybe they just lack the superpowers of pokemon required to actually perform the moves and can 'learn' them just fine. What do you guys think?

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Hm, it would be interesting if someone learned a move by mistake due to a mutation, but thanks, okay I can do my post now.

Dawn

Years
  • So how's everyone feeling right about now? Still enjoying the X and Y craze? I know some people are writing joint posts, but it's still slightly surreal to find so little posting going on. :P

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • This week has been rough, because some teachers decided to throw some final exams between today and next Wednesday so I'm probably gonna be more focused on that. I still might post this weekend if I have some time.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • I was waiting on a post from ShayShay. I sent her a VM asking her if she was going to post again sometime soon.

Dawn

Years
  • @Dualik: Mmm... Yes. There was an exceptionally large level difference there, so you can feel free to award yourself 4 levels instead of the standard 2. Generally speaking, anything that can be considered vaguely training can grant 1 level to the pokemon involved and defeating a pokemon in battle grants 2. Only special circumstances where you're outnumbered / facing a much more experienced trainer/pokemon does that really variate.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    I. HATE. SCHOOL.

^That's pretty much where I've been. XD Also, trying to come with a new character. Has not been going great.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • I. HATE. SCHOOL.

Spoiler:

That's the main reason why my posts have been very scarce. I guess I'll be able to wrap up Alice's Dugtrio event after Wednesday, when most of my finals are over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back