• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Train Station Town "Has a Secret" ... Region / Location DLC?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2014
I also hope there will be a DLC or event that allows us to go to a new area. Preferably one that expands on the Safari

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
Years
Well adding a new region to a third game in a series wouldn't be too different.
Pokemon Z with Kalos and Hoenn would be cool. I'm guessing that means Hoenn is the closest region of the pokemon series 'mainland' to Kalos.
I would've figured Sinnoh. That would put Kalos to the south of the mainland, as I believe Hoenn is the southernmost region, correct? Sinnoh is the eastern-most, Johto the western, and Kanto smack dab in the middle.
Just a boat ride across, sort of like Orange Islands, but bigger.
They'd have to introduce a new town as a Port.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
The backpacker says that we'll see his region in due time, but it seems like everyone's thinking that his region is gonna be as big as Kalos! How soon we forget that the Sevii Islands were considered to be their own region in game. A free DLC add-on that adds a small, post-game region like the Sevii Islands were is totally plausible. In fact, as far as we know, all of those areas are already mapped in-game and we're just waiting for Gamefreak to distribute a ticket to let us go there.

It's also interesting that the backpacker specifically uses "you" when saying that to our player characters, which gives me the impression that our player characters still have more to see in X and Y.

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
Years
  • Age 24
  • SG
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
But think about DLC not in the traditional sense but in the Pokémon sense. Remember the DPP event Arceus that unlocked the Sinjoh Ruins? The HGSS Celebi that allowed you to view an event with Silver, and then battle Giovanni? All those tickets that I can't even begin to name from gen 3 that gave you access to small islands, and others that unlocked small areas in gen 4? Game Freak has included event-only locations in the past; of course, an entire region can't (or, to word it better, shouldn't) be event-only, but there's always a possibility that small locations are hidden away in the game to be later unlocked by an event. And I can definitely see small locations related to such "secrets" being unlocked by events; actually, I think that would be quite fun, too!

The time when we need hackers to "crack open" the game and see what secrets lie in store in the games data. :)
Still, there should be a lot of unused items in the code that will probably never see the light of day. In Pokemon Black/White, there was a third stone beside the Light and Dark Stones, but it was never implemented in-game.

STOP - I know Aonuma said the series will not have [S-HIGHLIGHT]PAID DLC[/S-HIGHLIGHT] as long as he is director. So before you say that, know that that is not necessarily what this means.

While in Dendemille Town, Professor Sycamore tells you that this town "has a secret"... Another trainer in the region says something about his region, and then "you'll see it in due time" (this was previously misquoted as him mentioning Hoenn specifically, but he does not actually mention Hoenn by name).

This game has almost no after-game content. I have a feeling that this is because they are planning to add more content via DLC.

This is just my guess regarding this mysterious "secret".... Does anyone else have any idea?

Just to add on, there can be little updates to add more areas to explore, and these updates could be rolled out to eShop users. If they plan to add it as DLC, it doesn't have to necessarily be paid. It can be free DLC, (e.g Forge Islands from the Xbox 360 game Halo 4), and as long as it is downloaded from online, it is known as DLC, whether paid or not. :)

Last edited:
Years
A whole region DLC would be way too excessive and unstable. Just imagine how much data and programming would be needed for a whole region to be created into a DLC, and then downloaded into the games. I just really don't see it happening, as for the guy saying "You'll see it in due time" I'm not quite sure what he means but I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Already programmed into the game, and need a DLC key to access.
  • RSE Remake is in the works.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
Years
While the idea of finally getting our long anticipated R/S/E is swell, it begs the question of how rushed it will be. Black 2/White2 and X/Y were about a year apart, give a few days after that year for X and Y's actual release date- I feel they're rushing things too much. If there's not much to do in the X and Y postgame, how rushed will they make the RSE remakes in order to get them out on the shelves?

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
Years
  • Age 24
  • SG
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
While the idea of finally getting our long anticipated R/S/E is swell, it begs the question of how rushed it will be. Black 2/White2 and X/Y were about a year apart, give a few days after that year for X and Y's actual release date- I feel they're rushing things too much. If there's not much to do in the X and Y postgame, how rushed will they make the RSE remakes in order to get them out on the shelves?

Maybe the R/S/E remakes are in development as we speak. Nintendo and Game Freak just have not revealed it to the public. That's how game companies work :P

Years
If it is the RSE remakes may they be released some time late 2015 / early 2016. Let the fans enjoy XY for a while. Release a few fixes to the game
Save Glitch and allow me to take my hat off.

blue

gucci
Years
If they are going to reveal Ruby & Sapphire remakes, it will be atleast two years after when they started developing. Let's say they announce them next year, around May 2014, that would probably mean that they've been working on them since Mid-2012 alongside X & Y. Now that Pokémon X & Y have been completed, the only further work they need to focus on X & Y is any patches to correct the current glitches in game which isn't too much of an issue. Now they can focus on developing the next set of game(s) whether that be a Ruby & Sapphire Remake or not. Also, there is nowhere near as much developing needed for the next set of Generation VI Games since the X/Y Game engine has already been set up. I can assure you that the next game(s) won't be rushed, these games always take years to develop but we just don't know about it until they tell us.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
i havent read this entire thread and i have said this elsewhere but no one seems to notice so sorry if someone beat me to it,
but there is stuff to do besides looking for mega stones once the prof upgrades your mega ring.

there is the looker who you help and a reporter i think who is looking into a mythical creature or something

also the guy who mentions seeing his town if you talk to him on four seperate days(he moves hotels so if you go see him in the last one he may have moved to another) he is the person that gives you the strange souvenir and lists off all the old regions saying he is not from ANY of them so it is not about any remakes and means if we are getting an event region that unlocks it in the game or a third game it is likely to be in another whole new region.

kay3o

B)
Years
What if this 'new area' is already in the game and they're just waiting to unlock it? I mean, they didn't want any spoilers for X&Y and did the whole World Wide release so it could give people the chance to discover things on their own. Having content locked for a certain amount of time would be the perfect way to do it.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I just came up with something wild.What if the present for completing the Pokedex is a ticket to that new place?The only way to get all of the Pokes for the National is via the Bank.That traveler also said ''you will see soon enough''maybe December when the service will start.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
A whole region DLC would be way too excessive and unstable. Just imagine how much data and programming would be needed for a whole region to be created into a DLC, and then downloaded into the games. I just really don't see it happening, as for the guy saying "You'll see it in due time" I'm not quite sure what he means but I wouldn't read too much into it.

Watch "in due time" mean "in one region's game cycle"

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2022
What if this 'new area' is already in the game and they're just waiting to unlock it? I mean, they didn't want any spoilers for X&Y and did the whole World Wide release so it could give people the chance to discover things on their own. Having content locked for a certain amount of time would be the perfect way to do it.

That's possible. Remember in BW, Liberty Island did not even appear on the map until you got the Liberty Ticket through an event.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Yeah the fact that he said "you should see my region" makes me think DLC is out of the question. If he was just mentioning the town alone it would make sense. But an entire region?

I think it's just one of those they put in-game for upcoming games like the girl foreshadowing Munna.

... That girl was not actually talking about Munna. With Munna, it's likely the other way around. They went through Red and Blue for inspiration, and someone thought "hey, this girl is talking about a pink Pokemon with flowers.. Let's make one!"

i think were gonna have an expansion for the game! kinda reminds me of WoW or Skyrim when I say expansion. :D hopefully it happens!

I really hope so. Could be a new future for Pokemon. I'm hoping they will actually add new Pokemon to the dex too as time goes on so that X/Y will be compatible with future games. DLC is a huge deal for Pokemon if used correctly.

It could be a small region, like real life Monaco

Yeah. When I said region, I didn't mean another Kalos. I just meant a new area to explore, whether that be one town / island, a cluster like Sevii, etc... But it is not unrealistic to think they could expand the game via DLC and include Hoenn or another region. Look at what they did with Super Luigi U. Nintendo is warming up to DLC more and more.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We aren't getting add on content. Gamefreak and TPC have both expressed severe dislike and have outright said that they do not intend to produce such merchandise. There won't be any DLCs for X and Y as outlines by both TPC director and director and chief developer of the main series games. They don't have any plans on following up with that kinda material for the games.

IF we are getting Hoenn anything it'll be in a set of games to appear in the next 2 years or so IF they even want to make us some new games.

I know I'm being a negative nancy here, but its being thrown in our faces by the two leading figures of Pokemon that there will be no DLC of any kind. Only the regular distribution method that we've had since Generation 4. As for Region, Matsuda said he was not putting two regions into one game again. I do forget when and where he said this, but I have seen other people link to news reports about it on various forums. One was specifically referencing X and Y with Hoenn in which he said he did not intend to do that again.

Hold out for two years and wait for them to make an announcement for remakes.

And no I'm not saying we can't have something like a hidden Sevii Island. That isn't DLC. That would already be programmed into the game and we are awaiting a proper item from the main host (TPC) to be distributed to unlock the location for us. Very much similar to Faraway Island, Naval Rock, and Liberty Island. That is still possible seeing as we cannot pull data from these games and have no idea what is hidden in them.

New generations always follow a year after the last installment for the previous generation.

There is a 3 to 4 year gap between the main release series titles and usually a one to two year gap between the last released and a new generation. Its how its been from the beginning.
Red/Blue/Green 1996
Yellow 1998 Gold/Silver 1999
Crystal 2000 Ruby/Sapphire 2003
Emerald 2004 Diamond/Pearl 2006
Heart Gold/Soul Silver 2008 Black/White 2010
Black 2/White 2 2012 X/Y 2013

We started with a one year gap and so far ending with a one year gap. We also had a technology issue where the 5th Gen was pushed out a bit faster (though they still met the 3 year gap) due to them being forced to produce a 3DS game. They really couldn't afford to wait to produce a 3DS game any longer than they did.

2015 is a pretty good shot at when we'd get something new, earliest would be a little bit before that with a year passing before we hear anything.

So I was reading through my guide and saw that the Backpacker that was originally the cause for the Hoenn fan base to erupt in its conspiracy theorist paranoia all over again is actually from an unknown region. There is a representative from every region that visits the hotels in Kalos, and this guy is listed as unknown. So. Does this mean that GF dropped a bomb on us? He's from a new region or minor game area yet to be unlocked/to appear in the next installment....What is Gen 6 has two regions with two separate sets of games? That could be a reason why we only have the small amount of Pokemon we got, we'd get more in the next one. Seeing as we cannot get data from the games we don't know if there is actually data for more Pokemon in our games or not.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
seeing as the main reason people thought that seeing a new region was because of the backpacker saying you will see his region in due time i am going to post these pics of what he says once you speak to him four times and the item he gives you that clearly says it/he is from a region far from kalos.

If it is true that the main guys said they arent going to be putting in a second region in a game it seems we will be getting another bw bw2 situation with xy2 this idea is further supported by the fact you get the z legend in these games ruling out the need for pokemon z and your character goes to a new region and the story continues even one of your friends says she is going to go to another region and make memories
View attachment 69928View attachment 69927View attachment 69929

Last edited:

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
its has already been iterated many times that GF that does not do DLC, paid or not.

so this may probably be some small region that is already in the game waiting to be unlocked by some special ticket item,
or simply wait 2 years for Z version

Back