• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animated Battlers

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
Hello!

If I put a animated png for all the Battler, the Animation often stops in the Battle.

I hav find this Script on the wiki: Tutorial:Animating battle sprites

How is that Tutorial? Is the Animation every time in Battle and how must I do, when I want more frames to use?

I know I must add this (for example):

Spoiler:

but must and how I do something in this?

Spoiler:

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
You're probably getting this confused with animated battlers from Pokémon Black and White, this animates them once when they're sent out into battle, like HGSS, and is done by following the appropriate steps of the tutorial and in the 'graphics/battlers' folder in your games directory you must have two new folders; 'firstframe' and 'secondframe'. In the 'firstframe' folder you must have the front and back sprites of all the pokémon you wish to have in the game. In the 'secondframe' folder you must have all the second frames of the front and backsprites of the pokémon you wish to have in your game.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
You're probably getting this confused with animated battlers from Pokémon Black and White, this animates them once when they're sent out into battle, like HGSS, and is done by following the appropriate steps of the tutorial and in the 'graphics/battlers' folder in your games directory you must have two new folders; 'firstframe' and 'secondframe'. In the 'firstframe' folder you must have the front and back sprites of all the pokémon you wish to have in the game. In the 'secondframe' folder you must have all the second frames of the front and backsprites of the pokémon you wish to have in your game.

i know, but i want to have more than two new folders...

is this script for the whole fight or only for the send out?

thor348

That's Oak to You
Years
If you're worried about the script messing up your game, create a copy of your game project folder and add this script and test it all out. That way you can actually figure out what you want to do and test it again and again before you add it to your real version of the project.

Back