• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] My old Fakemons~!

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I'm just puting up doodles of fakemon I made in the past in high school. Working on a more professional looking versions (getting a drawing tablet soon) so these I consider these prototypes. I made most of these YEARS ago. Still working on names and everything:

Grass Starter:

Spoiler:

Water Starter:

Spoiler:

Ghost Eevee evolution (Mummieon)

Spoiler:

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there!

These are very cute Pokemon designs you have here! n_n; If these are years old then I'd love to see how much progress you've made! I think I like your Ghost Eevee evolution the best because it has the most innovative and imaginative design. I absolutely adore that ghost-hand tail. It really shouts Cofagrigus to me, which is virtually synonymous with the word "ghost". Very good use of imagery there! :3

I do have some advice for you though. Try to be mindful of your pencil lines. It seems like you get in there pretty heavy handed and it makes it difficult to erase your lines completely, so we see a lot of unintentional marks that subtract from the art overall. Even when you go over the piece with ink (which it looks like you did for your starters), they should be almost / completely devoid of pencil lines to get the most out of the image. Also, personally, I'd like to see the same level of detail and texture in your starters that you put into the Eevee evolution. You have a lot of design elements in them, making them busy, but they lack shading or depth so they come across as two-dimensional. But like you said, these are old sketches are they are ultimately destined to be redrawn and fledged out.

I'm sure you have improved a lot since you drew these! I'd love to see the completed versions when they're done! Can't wait for more from you! ;D

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Hi there!

It's true I'm very heavy-handed with rough draft. It's only after like the 5th or 6th attempt that they look smoothed out.

Yeah they are a work in progress which I have forgotten about. I'm just surprised I found some of these drawings. Unfortunately I lost my fire starter drawing which was a fire rhino knight pokemon but I'm trying to recreate it again.

Hopefully once I get my drawing tablet, I can make a more professional version especially with shading and coloring. (Which I suck at in pencil...)

Last edited:
    Back