• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Worth breeding?

Is it worth breeding?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabeleyes

Pokemon breeder
Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    So, all non 3DS games a while ago are no longer able to connect to nintendo wifi but im still wondering is it worth breeding despite the inability to trade them away?

It could be fun having a collection of eggs or to train them to use in places such as battle subway but I may get Y or X soon so is it worth the time?

Years
  • If you're knowledge with RNG breeding, then yes, because i've heard that Black and White are very easy to RNG in (even though i've never done it myself). However, at the same time as far as the DS era goes I prefer HGSS for breeding, because in BW you can't lock in the egg's nature/ability/gender by saving beforehand like you can in HGSS. The only time i'd really recommend breeding in Gen V is if you want a BW2 Move Tutor move (like an HA Eevee with Hyper Voice or Timburr with Ice Punch).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Breeding is still worth it in Gen 5 if you want to take on the Battle Subway. It's also good if you need to breed something with a Black2/White2 move tutor move (and want to send it to X/Y), since a lot of those moves are useful and are only available in those games. Though we'll have to see about what ORAS does with move tutors.....

Back