• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A very bad OU team (RMT)

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2010
    Hey I'm new and I have this team, and to tell the truth I know i've messed up. (it's for shoddy). Please give me ANY suggestions at all. Or just completely remake my team. I'm not sure, I'm new.

1. Weaville (focus sash)
    EVs Speed 216
    Attack 252
    HP 42
    Jolly

Moves
    Brick Break
    Ice Shard
    Night Slash
    Swords dance

Description : this is actually proven to be a solid starter so far. He has a good variety of moves and can take down a ton of starters with there being a small number who could take it down. Physical sweeper. And swords dance is there if I ever get a chance to use it.

2. Charizard Adamant (salac berry)
    EVS
    252 att
    252 special defense
    Moves
    Fire punch
    Earthquake
    belly drum
    substitute

Description: I've sweeped teams with this so many times it's pretty ridiculous. Stealth rock kills this thing, but switching into a forteress or a scizor is incredible. It's a bellydrumming charizard so I guess another physical sweeper? Blaze +bellydrum + Stab = one hell of a fire punch

3. Suicune bold (leftovers)
    Evs
    252 HP
    252 Def
    6 Spec Att
    Calm Mind
    hp electric
    surf
    roar
    Description. Physical wall? Idk I need help with this one.

Gengar (Choice Scarf) Lonely
    252 Speed
    252 Spec Att
    6 HP
    Focus blast
    hp ice
    shadow ball
    thunderbolt
    Description: Pretty good revenge killer. Maybe swap hp ice for something and put ice beam or something in another pokemon? Blissey slaughters this but oh well.

Blissey bold (leftovers)

Evs
    148 HP
    252 spec def
    108 spec attack
    Moves
    Seismic toss
    flamethrower
    softboiled
    thunderwave
    Description- Spec wall. Flamethrower is a surprise against forteress but if you have a better build again tell me =D

Fortress Relaxed (leftovers)
    Evs
    252 HP
    114 attack
    114 def
    Moves
    EQ
    stealth rock
    rapid spin
    spikes
    Description: PLEASE help me on this one.

In general my team lacks many things. Among which, ice moves =D. Oh and my team has had results. I either get slaughtered or completely dominate. nothing really in the middle

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I admit I'm not the best at competitive, especially OU, but Foretress could use Explosion really well I think. It probably doesn't need Spikes AND Stealth Rock, probably just Stealth Rock. Also, try Ice Beam on Suicune, and maybe Hypnosis on Gengar? It may not work well with a Choice Set though. Gengar could do Explosion too now that I think about it...
    Also, speaking of Gengar, try Timid or Modest. It adds to its Sp.Atk, which its actually using, instead of its Attack.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Hey I'm new and I have this team, and to tell the truth I know i've messed up. (it's for shoddy). Please give me ANY suggestions at all. Or just completely remake my team. I'm not sure, I'm new.

1. Weaville (focus sash)
    EVs Speed 216
    Attack 252
    HP 42
    Jolly If you are using Ice Shard, go for Adamant.

Moves
    Brick Break
    Ice Shard/Ice Punch
    Night Slash
    Swords dance

Description : this is actually proven to be a solid starter so far. He has a good variety of moves and can take down a ton of starters with there being a small number who could take it down. Physical sweeper. And swords dance is there if I ever get a chance to use it.

2. Charizard Adamant (salac berry)
    EVS
    252 att
    252 special defense
    252Atk, 146HP, 112Spd. Trust me, after the Salac boost, with 264 Speed, you can outrun anything without speedboosts.
    Moves
    Fire punch
    Earthquake/Dragon Claw
    belly drum
    substitute
    Make sure you have 31 IVs in Speed, otherwise you won't get the magic number 264.
    Description: I've sweeped teams with this so many times it's pretty ridiculous. Stealth rock kills this thing, but switching into a forteress or a scizor is incredible. It's a bellydrumming charizard so I guess another physical sweeper? Blaze +bellydrum + Stab = one hell of a fire punch

3. Suicune boldBold on a Calm Minder. Pfft. Use Calm. (leftovers)
    Evs
    252 HP
    252 DefSpDef
    6 Spec Att
    Calm Mind
    hp electric/Ice Beam
    surf
    roar/Ice Beam
    Description. Physical wall? Idk I need help with this one. Physical Wall, eh? You have Calm Mind! This should be your special wall.

Gengar (Choice Scarf) LonelyModest
    252 Speed
    252 Spec Att
    6 HP
    Focus blast
    hp ice/Sludge Bomb/Trick/Energy Ball/Psychic
    shadow ball
    thunderbolt
    Description: Pretty good revenge killer. Maybe swap hp ice for something and put ice beam or something in another pokemon? Blissey slaughters this but oh well.
    Trick, Energy Ball and Psychic are all there to trick your opponent.
    Blissey boldCalm(leftovers)

Evs
    148 HP
    252 spec def
    108 spec attack
    Moves
    Seismic toss
    flamethrower
    softboiled
    thunderwave/Aromatherapy/Heal Bell/Toxic
    Description- Spec wall. Flamethrower is a surprise against forteress but if you have a better build again tell me =D

Fortress Relaxed (leftovers)
    Evs
    252 HP
    114 attack
    114 def
    Moves
    EQ/Gyro Ball
    stealth rock
    rapid spin/Explosion
    spikes/Toxic Spikes
    Description: PLEASE help me on this one.

In general my team lacks many things. Among which, ice moves =D. Oh and my team has had results. I either get slaughtered or completely dominate. nothing really in the middle
    I hope my suggestions help. In actual fact, your team is quite well-built because you have the following:
    Physical Sweeper: Weavile, Charizard
    Physical Wall: Forretress
    Special Sweeper: Gengar
    Special Wall: Blissey, Suicune

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2010
    Thanks a ton zommy one question though, I actually had 252 normal def on blissey because someone said she had high enough s def on her own and now she can withstand spec attacks. is this ok? also, i had eq on forteress because of magnezone so what are the advantages of gyro ball? Everything else though I followed your advice. Thanks a ton!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Umm Suicune NEEDS Bold it already has Calm Mind so having a Calm Nature is pointless due to you already boosting your S.def. That and it needs the + def nature and max def evs to take hits from Mence, Gyarados etc.

Id also just max Zards Speed, since its like really slow lol.

Also yes Blissey wants Def Evs or it loses to everything. 252 Def / 80 S.Att / 176 S.Def @ Calm plz.

Forry set is fine (with Spikes, EQ, SR, Spin) but use s.def evs on it since you only lose 19% physical durability and increases your S.Def durability by like 42%. 252 HP / 252 S.Def / 6 Def @ Impish.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2010
    what should suicunes EVS be? and does it need a recover like move?

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks a ton zommy one question though, I actually had 252 normal def on blissey because someone said she had high enough s def on her own and now she can withstand spec attacks. is this ok? also, i had eq on forteress because of magnezone so what are the advantages of gyro ball? Everything else though I followed your advice. Thanks a ton!
    You're welcome
    252Def on Blissey is fine and to be honest Bold is OK too, but most physical sweepers are easily predicted (for instance, no one runs a Nasty Plot Weavile :P) so you can switch to Forretress.
    Gyro Ball on Forretress is good for the fact that it is slow. With no EVs in Speed and a Relaxed nature as well as Forretress' already mediocre Speed stat along with STAB, it will take a ton out of your opponent. If you want, you can have Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes, Gyro Ball, Earthquake and Rapid Spin.
    Now about Suicune. Bold can help if you want Suicune to be your mixed wall, and if so, get 252HP, 112SpDef and 146 EVs in Defense.
    Recovering move on Suicune? Didn't think of that.
    Suicune
    Pressure
    Chesto Berry/Lum Berry/Leftovers
    EVs: 252HP, 112SpDef, 146Def
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Calm Mind
    Rest

And finally, message regarding VanillaThunderbolt's idea of Gengar with Explosion. Explosion, believe it or not, is a physical move, so if you want it, get a Naive nature.

...I just sounded like history's biggest nerd. :P

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Hey I'm new and I have this team, and to tell the truth I know i've messed up. (it's for shoddy). Please give me ANY suggestions at all. Or just completely remake my team. I'm not sure, I'm new.

1. Weaville (focus sash)
    EVs Speed 216
    Attack 252
    HP 42
    Jolly

Moves
    Brick Break / Low Kick
    Ice Shard
    Night Slash
    Swords dance

Low Kick is a lot better than Brick Break since it hits everything that Brick Break needs to, but with a higher damage output. But you might not be able to get it since it's an HGSS only move. Otherwise, it looks decent, just don't expect to sweep teams with this because majority of teams carry priority or a Scarfer.

Gengar (Choice Scarf) Timid
    252 Speed
    252 Spec Att
    6 HP
    Focus blast
    hp ice
    shadow ball
    thunderbolt

Timid > Lonely, I don't understand why you're using an Attack boosting nature when no physical moves are being used. Timid allows you to outrun +2 Gyarados, and +1 Naive Salamence.
    Comments in bold ↑, the rest was already commented on. Also, Payback can be an option on Forry because it 2HKOs offensive Rotom-A, while also having a chance of 2HKOing defensive variants.

Now about Suicune. Bold can help if you want Suicune to be your mixed wall, and if so, get 252HP, 112SpDef and 146 EVs in Defense.
    Recovering move on Suicune? Didn't think of that.
    Suicune
    Pressure
    Chesto Berry/Lum Berry/Leftovers
    EVs: 252HP, 112SpDef, 146Def
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Calm Mind
    Rest
    Suicune doesn't make a good mixed wall because of its typing. Suicune is weak or doesn't resist much specially based moves outside of Fire (which you already don't take much damage anyway). Plus, max Def helps Suicune from not being 2HKOed by CB Tyranitar's Stone Edge (if you have Leftovers), etc. But it's the OP's choice.

Back