• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battlers disappear when using Growl

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I got a problem with the latest version of Essentials version 9. When using an attack like Growl or Sand Attack, the sprites of both Battlers disappear. I am using other battler sprites than the ones provided and the only script I changed is PokeBattle_Actualscene (I changed BOXTEXTBASECOLOR and BOXTEXTBASESHADOW).

Screenshot of the problem:
2nis7k9.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
I'm not positive, but i think the disappearing stat problem only works with ,gif images, i believe if you switch to regular .png images, it wont happen. I could be wrong though.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I'm not positive, but i think the disappearing stat problem only works with ,gif images, i believe if you switch to regular .png images, it wont happen. I could be wrong though.
The problem also occurs when using static sprites in .png format.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Are you sure you're not also using an older version of PkmnAnimations.rxdata? As far as I can tell from the various other reports about this exact same problem, that's the cause.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Are you sure you're not also using an older version of PkmnAnimations.rxdata? As far as I can tell from the various other reports about this exact same problem, that's the cause.
I copied PkmnAnimations.rxdata from Essentials 9 and it worked, thanks!

Back