• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help??

Years
  • Not sure if this is allowed here but I really want to figure this out. If this is in the wrong area whichever mod sees this can just tell me where to go and lock it. Anyway I'm trying to develop a game based off the Kanto Manga with RPG Maker XP. But I'm having trouble on simple scripts.

I roam around my town and such and that's great. But I'm wondering how I enable Wild Pokemon in certain areas of grass. I'm also worried about how I'm gonna get Red to obtain Poliwhirl. Whether I script him in the intro or him grabbing a Poke Ball in his room I still have no idea to script that (Or if there is an event for that, which I'm sure there isn't).

VERY concerned about scripting the Nidorino battle at the very start of the manga, where there will be multiple sprites in the cutscene. And I also don't know how to make a cutscene still run once the battle is over. Showing Red capturing Nidorino and adding him to his party. I want to make this game really bad and I don't want to rely on a team. Where should I go (Tutorials, people, anything at this point) to get help. Because it's something I tried to figure out all day yesterday and had no luck. Can I be directed to a tutorial that shows this or could someone contact me and teach me this so it doesn't happen again? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2012
    1. Set the Terrain Tag for wild grass to 2. Then go to the editor application found in the Pokémon Essentials main directory. Scroll down the list and select the "Set Encounters" option. After that, select the map you want. Choose "New Encounter Type" followed by "Land". The rest is simple: set your encounters.

2. Simply create an event with a Pokéball graphic with the following event commands:

Conditional Branch: Script: pbAddPokemon(X,Y):
    - Control Self Switch A = ON
    - Control Switches: Got Pokemon = ON
    Else
    -
    Branch End

X is the species number (in your case that would be 61 as Poliwhirl is number 61 in the National Dex. Y is the level of the Pokémon. This can be anything from 1-100. After you have done this create a new event page with the conditions:

Switch: Got Pokemon = ON
    Self Switch A = ON

Leave the event commands blank.

3. I don't really understand what you want to do here. I'll leave that for somebody else to work out (unless you can better explain what you want to do).

If any of the above don't make sense just refer to the Pokemon Essentials Wiki (if, for some reason, you are not using Pokemon Essentials (you should be) then disregard all the above).

Years
  • THANK YOU! The two above things worked perfectly! The problem with the receive Pokemon script is I did it slightly different. I made your Mom in the game give you it, but if you keep talking to her she'll just keep giving you Poliwhirls. 3. I want to know a number of things, I want your character to automatically walk to a certain location (Where the multiple kids trying to capture a Nidorino will be) you will stop there and the kids will say their lines, I'm pretty sure I know how to do this though. Red sends out his Poliwhirl who is located in between him and Nidorino. You then get triggered into the battle (I think I know how to do this). After you defeat the Nidorino in battle, a Poke Ball replaces the Nidorino sprite, Red walks over to the Poke Ball and it disappears. Saying he took it and then a conversation between the kids (I think I have the texts covered as I said). I hope this is a better explanation. :)

Oh yeah! And I also am wondering how I make those sprites walk back to a specific location (pretty much off the map).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2012
    I'm glad I could help.

On your Nidorino sprite create a new event page and change the graphic to a Pokéball (the page you just created). Set the condition to:

Switch: ??? = ON (You will have to make a switch for this)

After the battle, fade out the screen and turn the switch on. Then, fade in the screen. Nidorino will now be a Pokéball instead.

On the second event page you created use the following event commands:

Conditional Branch: Script: pbAddPokemon(33,Y):
    - Control Self Switch D = ON
    Else
    -
    Branch End

Create a third page and set the condition to Self Switch D = ON (I am only using D because I don't know what Self Switches may be used up to this point; you may change "D" to "A", "B" or "C" if they are not being used in this event.

I hope this helps (and I hope it isn't confusing). Good luck!

EDIT: Forgot to say that Y is the level of your Pokemon.

EDIT: As for your other question: Move the event in question of the screen with set move route. then control a switch (make another one) to make him disappear (before you do that, after the set move route, add a "wait for moves completion" to ensure the sprite doesn't disappear before he leaves the screen. Also, on the sprite in question create a second event page where the condition is set to the switch you just made: Switch: ??? = on. (i hope this makes sense xD)

Last edited:
    Back