• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Type Cycle Challenge (2014 Reboot)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
  • Type Cycle Challenge thread! Version 3.0

The challenge consist of having a team that covers your entire team's weak and strong points. Like a fire, water and grass Pokemon would be consisting of your team.

I will be the one to choose your Pokemon for you, and I'll be checking daily to be sure I won't miss anyone.

To begin this challenge, choose one of the following Type Cycles and then put in your Registration Form. Some of the Cycles will include immunities to give certain types more chances to be used.​

Type Cycles
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Rules: 1.You have to catch the first pokèmon available to you that has been assigned to you as soon as possible. Until then, use your starter!
    2.HM Slaves are allowed to be caught and used, but you may not bring them with you into any battles against Gym Leaders or the Elite 4!

In order to complete the challenge, you must defeat

R/B/Y: Rival after the E4
    G/S/C: Red
    R/S/E: Steven
    D/P/Pt: Cynthia
    B/W/B2/W2: Alder
    X/Y: Az
    OR/AS: TBA

Here's the Registration Form
    NOTE: Challenge Type is whether you're doing the Single (One Version) Challenge or the Ultimate (Gen 1-5) Challenge! You may add Gen 6 to the list if you choose, but I understand some people don't have access to those games.

My registration form, I used a RNG for to determine my team

Username: LilJz
    Challenge Type: Single
    Version(s): Yellow
    CC: Fire > Grass > Water

Team: Lapras, Charizard & Bellsprout

Years
  • I believe that I started this in old thread but I never got around to completing it lol - I want to do this as my first ultimate (without gen 6 for now but I will add gen 6 when I get around to getting the games :))

Username: AoTora
    Challenge Type: Ultimate
    Version(s): FireRed, Crystal, Emerald, Pearl and Black 2
    CC: Fire > Grass > Water

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
    Years
  • This definitely looks interesting. How can you have this work with a Nuzlocke challenge? I'd be highly interested in doing this challenge with a Nuzlocke.

Years
  • Let me see what will be my ultimate team:

Looks like I am using Typhlosion- Starmie -Victreebel for my team according to random pokemon generator. This should be fun - It should be especially fun when I will be waiting for that water and that leaf stone.

Back