• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Virtual MMORPG Pokemon game

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Gamer from Mars: Why a Pokemon RPG Should be Made

As I got to listening to the Gamer talking about why the Pokemon franchise should step into the MMORPG world, I had a thought. Isn't the Pokemon Franchise already sold on a MASSIVE scale with more than half of the player audience using the MULTIPLAYER feature, which they connect together with using WiFi ONLNE? Sound sto me like the games are already MMORPGs, but what I think he meant was the fact that all other successful and famous MMORPGs have a forum/chat section were people can go to.

But as I watched him talk, I flashback-ed to another discovery I made while surfing the web. Virtual reality has always interested me, and then I discovered Virtuix Keep an eye on the bottom right corner. That is all that is there in your room. I myself had thought of using treadmills to keep the player's feet stationary while moving, but the problem was turning. I hadn't thought of using a slanted ramp in all directions.

But I'm not done yet. For the Virtuix only gives you the option of moving around and acting with a firearm. It does NOT provide a way for interaction with the media.

Now look at this: Augmented reality Fire Fighter Mask

The mask lets the user see things with a menu app, allowing for the easy start menu in the page to be used by the player.

Now, the Virtuix only has a set of three motion detectors on the floor to detect walking and turning. So what if we add a motion sensor in a pair of gloves, which allows for the game to perceive the player as reaching to grab something. There culd be small sensors in the fingers separately, as well as one sensor is the hand and arm.

And with that, I just combined two inventions, one built for real life to feel more like a video game, the other made to make a video game feel more like real life, plus a control set up already used by games, and a concept made about a game, and I just created a way for a Virtual MMORPG Pokemon game.

What do you guys think?

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Whether or not it was in a virtual reality mask and whatnot, an online Pokemon RPG would very likely work quite well. I personally think that it would get a bit chaotic at times, but it would still work quite well. Battle would feel quite real and it would probably be easy to choose to battle or end up in random encounters without a ton of problems.

What would be cool is a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon online game. You could choose whatever Pokemon you wanted to be and going beyond commanding Pokemon, but BEING one. I feel like that would make the virtual tools mentioned much more effective.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
hmm, explain your reasoning. I've played several PMD games and the controls were a lot clunkier. And with Pokemon, the player himself does not need to be active, but rather they need to just give commands and have the program do them instead. But if the Player was the Pokemon, wouldn't it be kind of chaotic trying to have the player do moves with their avatar? Unless you think it wouldn't be a First Person style. It might work if the controls worked as a Third Person instead, run the program like Skyrim does.

Personally, I think a traditional Pokemon game would be easier to make in the programming sector than a PMD version.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Well, with PMD it would be third person true enough, but it would still give more of a reason for the virtual reality if the player had to do certain motions in order to activate a move. That was just an idea though.

A traditional game would work much better without virtual reality, in my opinion, again, just me thinking.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
I think it might work better in some cases, but I feel that the beauty of Virtual Reality does not entirely lie in the interactive portion of the media. Some portions of virtual reality are to let the player feel like they have entered the world and are living inside it.

The way I see it, using a track pad to establish a Virtual reality is only good enough for explorative Virtual reality and action-based ones that don't require much movement, like FPS. If we are going to do something that requires a lot of excessive movement, something tells me we would need a set up like SAO or the training room used in Tenjo Tenge.

Years
Guys, Take a look at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogvbjlmmSDY

Even better video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfyHF63Mpoc

This game was opened for about a year, and it got closed last year. I played this game and I can assure you it's not like one of those ****** mini mmorpgs on Internet. Anyway, If you know someone who can code in Phyton send me a PM , or send the message on youtube to PE coder. (Second video)
What do you think of this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
I'm trying to learn Python, I'm moving pretty slow at the moment though. I would love to help out with the progress of this. I'm more of a conceptual kind of guy, which is why it takes a while for anything i think up to be done, but if I could help out in anyway, I'd love to.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
of course...NOT. I'm not a programmer, though i'd love to be one. I'm trying to learn Python, but it is a very slow process going on.

This is basically a discussion about the possibilities of a Virtual Reality Pokemon game.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
nah, he's advertising another programmer who needs help in making a MMORPG Pokemon game. the purpose I made this thread for was to discuss the idea of Pokemon in Virtual Reality

Years
PE coders already developed the idea. The main difference from other games is that ypu control Pokemon and use them in batte... Watch the video and you'll get what its all about ^^

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
I understand that Scen, but you aren't listening. This is not about a MMO or even an interactive. Yes, he did that, but I'm talking about a Virtual Reality topic. It is still a different subject matter than what PC did.

Back