• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Updated Tool - Xeon's Overworld Editor! (English)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
  • .: Introduction :.

A slightly updated Version of "Xeon's Overworld Editor". Basicly translated the version that was in Scizz's Tool Archive and added some stuff. Hope it works for you because I found it much easier to understand in English.

.: What's it for? :.

It is used for Editing the Overworld Sprites in Pokemon Advance ROM's (Male and Female trainers for example, or Cutable Tress).

.: Screen Shots :.

Here is what it can do! :D

View attachment 36105
    Edit Overworld Sprites!

View attachment 36106
    Import 16 Color Bitmaps as Sprites!!

View attachment 36107
    Import Palletes from 16 color bitmaps!!!

.: Comments :.

Well I think it's good and very helpful for hacking. Hope it helps ya'll!

Please if you are going to critisise, remember that. And try to make it constructive...

Hope it helps someone out there...

One more thing before I go... "If you don't like it, don't use it!"

...Uh, dont go using the Edit Pallete button as it just takes you to an empty form. I'm working on that at the moment...

.: Downloads :.

New Version V2.0>>> View attachment 36413

Old Version>>> "Backup, coming soon..."

.: Credits :.

Since Xeon made this originally i think he gets alot of the credit!

Version 1.0.12 by Xeon
    Modded Version 1.0.12a by Tutti/dark01
    Updated/Translated Version 1.0.12b by Darthatron (Me)

Edit: New Version out soon! I need ideas so if someone would be as good as to give me some, it would be nice.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    It's impossible to import palette's correctly... so it's pretty annoying if want to do more than small edits using the original sprite's palette set... Was this a problem in the original German program too?

Hideki~kun

Platinum Addict!
    Years
    • Age 115
    • I
    • Seen Apr 10, 2009
    Uhh... I have a problem, I tried to import a sprite & pallet and it said:
    Run-time error '6':
    Overflow.

How can I fix this?

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • well....

Uhh... I have a problem, I tried to import a sprite & pallet and it said:
    Run-time error '6':
    Overflow.

How can I fix this?

that means the sprite you tried to import was larger than the original mate, wen importing new sprites i export the sprite im trying to replace and edit in paint by copy/pasting another sprite then re-import it.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • yes Zak, that is the problem i believe... i am working on the new version ATM, i have recieved some PM's asking what could be put in. some of what seems almost impossible, im working on them all. should be out shortly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Thanks for presenting us the English version of the "Xeon's Overworld Editor"! Credits to Xeon and you. It's a must-have for ROM-hackers! :D

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    I'm having the same problem I had with the other version...

I keep getting an error that says that the sprite isn't 16 colors. But it is!

Thanks in advance.

Xeon

Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2013
    This is why I release source code, so the whole community can benefit. No point in keeping this stuff closed source when im not making any money off it.

foofatron

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    The image could be to big.Remeber this is OW pokemon sprite editor don't put pictures like these even if you did all the following 16colors and stuff.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • I think it's about time that i psoted something...

Well updates are going well, been a bit busy with life and junk.

New version sould be out next week sometime. If everything goes well that is...

Catch ya later guys.

Still need more ideas, some people have PM me with some, most of which were good, im working on some.

P.S

I dont want to add too much stuff as it would make the program lag!

well cya later.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    The image could be to big.Remeber this is OW pokemon sprite editor don't put pictures like these even if you did all the following 16colors and stuff.
    Er, no, It's not too big. I was trying to put in an edited overworld sprite...

zak

xpert trainer
    Years
  • ok

if u edited the pic in sumthin like paint u culd have easily changed the size, did u paste anything on top of the sprite u was tryina edit?

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 2, 2016
    if u edited the pic in sumthin like paint u culd have easily changed the size, did u paste anything on top of the sprite u was tryina edit?
    Well yeah... I pasted the new sprite into Fireworks over the regular sprite, then took out the old sprite alltogether.

This has nothing to do with the size. If it did it would give an "overflow" runtime error.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I think it's about time that i psoted something...

Well updates are going well, been a bit busy with life and junk.

New version sould be out next week sometime. If everything goes well that is...

Catch ya later guys.

Still need more ideas, some people have PM me with some, most of which were good, im working on some.

P.S

I dont want to add too much stuff as it would make the program lag!

well cya later.

Well, If your looking for ideas, I have one!
    When your editing a sprite, you have to go threw many varients of that sprite, especialy if its a person sprite. Lets say your working on the main characters sprite, and your changing the red outfit to blue, or whatever color. You should make it so that if you changed a certain color on one sprite, the program will scan all the different varients of that sprite, and change the orignal color into the new color! Know I know that there is already that function, but sometimes it doesn't work all the way.

^_^

Boz

Smeargle Pwns You. :]
    Years
  • Well a suggestion could be a zoom button lol, whether there is one now, i cant find it, but its annoying to fiddle so much getting the right area :D

zak

xpert trainer
    Years

maybe a way to edit the size off curent overworlds sprites???
    Or even edit the amount of frames? that would be kool, dont think it can be done tho lol, theres your challenge :D

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • I'm back just to answer some questions and stuff...

@Captain Arcane = Well, that sounds pretty simple, but I'm sure it won't be. I'll try and do it.

@Boz = A zoom button, hmm... Which section do you want to zoom in? Be good if i knew because, I think it's pretty easy to do it for some sections, harder for others...

@zak = Ok, editing the frames would be very hard. And quite frankly, I would love to have that in but I'm a 'lil too busy ATM. The size on the other hand seems easy enough. I'll get right on it.

@Superkid11 = The only reason you would get that Error is if you didn't specificly set the graphic to 16 colors, and I'm no master with Fireworks but I don't know you can set it to 16 colors in that.

Just because it only has 16 colors dosn't mean that it is a 16 Color Bitmap. You have to set it, does that make sense at all? If not I'll try to explain it better...

The new version is coming along quite well. Should be done very shortly depending on how long it takes me to work out some stuff.

Well yeah, good luck with any hacks you have. Hope they turn out well.

Peace!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2010
    I tried to change them, but i wanted to leave the sprite like they where, but now the palette's are messed up, if i import the sprite at index 0, about 20 sprites change to 'palet 3' and if i change those sprites to the normal pallet, the sprites at index 0 turn to palet 3.
    Help? :x

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2007
    Im getting some problems, when I load a rom , the sprites will have white stripers over theyre body, can someone please help me?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back