• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Maison Singles Team

Years
  • So i've been doing some Battle Maison in Singles to try to get some BP fast. I tried to do Super Rotation Battles, but they can be really slow and I stopped after five battles. So here's the team I use at the moment:

547.png
    (M) @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Defense / 80 Sp Def
    - Encore
    - Memento
    - Protect
    - Taunt
    The opener. This one will often Taunt to prevent nasty status users, and Encore if they're locked into something that would benefit either of my two teammates. I had Moonblast over Protect for a little while, sometimes to just do a bit of damage if necessary and so i'm not completely helpless against Taunt, but I didn't find myself using it that much, and I felt Protect was better just for scouting what they would do. The Focus Sash is there to ensure I get off a move. Anyway, take whatever measures are necessary, Memento, and then I would usually go into...

115.png
    (F) @ Kangaskhanite
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Early Bird
    EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Defense
    - Power-Up Punch
    - Return
    - Substitute
    - Sucker Punch
    After the foe's been incapacitated, bring in this thing and get crazy. I was juggling between Fake Out and Earthquake for the last slot, but decided on Substitute over either one of them because one, it protects from status users I might (not) be able to see coming, and if the foe can't do 1/4 to me after Memento then it gives me a free turn. And two, I almost never end up using Fake Out. There are times I do consider Earthquake, but after +2 Attack, Power-Up Punch is usually sufficient enough. Very little that's neutral can survive a Parental Bond boosted Return after +2. And only the strongest will be able to flat-out OHKO it; a -2 Blaziken left me with 84/180 HP with High Jump Kick, so that may be saying something. Maybe not. But this is what I have. It can run into problems with some Ghost-types, though, as well as faster status users, among other things that I can't quite think off off the top of my head.

637.png
    (M) @ Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed / 6 Defense
    - Bug Buzz
    - Flamethrower
    - Quiver Dance
    - Roost
    This one can be a decent special attacker if I find myself in a good opportunity to set that up, usually if the foe is something with only really weak Special attacks or such. It can run into problems with other Fire-types, however, and if i'm against some tough physical attacker things can get dicey. He's mostly filler, but he's a backup in case Kangaskhan can't be brought out or things don't go right with that. I might try to think of something to replace it with, but I think Quiver Dance goes well with Memento.

So far I haven't played too much with this team yet, but since people have said Mega Kangaskhan is awesome for BP farming, i've tried it out and it does very well. My highest isn't that much; i've only ever reached the Battle Chatelaine once and that was back in early January before I had any of these three.

I know there are things that can give it problems, but again, i'm just typing this up as I have it out. But some move set selections i'm not totally sure about. Any ideas? Discuss.

Back