• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You're promoted!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    The sad thing is, I literally cannot remember my most recent promotion. I can remember my first two though. Reason being is that the first time was actually quite fun, it was what... 3 years ago now? Wow. Anyway, it was pretty fun at the time as I had a real strong interest in PC and was really in that honeymoon period with it. Not to mention that the same week was one of my the best weeks of my life around that. Morkula & Will basically kept me up until 2AM before they modded me, then I stayed up for aaaages. It was a lot of fun, group conversation, looking over all the amazing things Parallelzero had to say about me (very entertaining), and generally being pleased by the blue colour I had for a username. The second time was a stark contrast, as I came back after 6 months due to quitting over the stress of exams. It was literally "okay Gav you're a mod again, don't muck up."

If I ever got promoted again due to some madness, I'd like to do something like a group Skype call. When we modded Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers, I called her on Skype for a chat, from which I linked her to post in the staff rooms saying "Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers, will you marry me?", from which I began to congratulate her on being a mod again. Then added some of the other staff to the call, which was quite fun. Something similar to that would be simple enough but would be perfect for me. I'd appreciate that just as much as some big massive ceremony so to speak!

I do also one day wish to promote somebody in person, bring them out to lunch or something. I know it sounds silly, but now I've done it through PM, real-time conversation, phone call, and need to knock in-person off my belt!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I'd rather live a life out of knowing that the upliftment of a minor, such is never possible, will never happen. I would like to have a life of extreme simplicity here, along with all the other forums that correspond to this one.

If, and I ever repeat this word, if I become a moderator I would switch out immediately, or try making an effort and if I find out I'm not a complete fail, then I would stay as one.

Regarding to the news, I would just have a simple PM, since my PM box is practically empty and that's the only way I get startled.

Years
  • I'd love to be taken by surprise, but regardless of how my promotion happens I'd still be on the edge of my seat. PC's that kind of forum where being modded in absolutely any way would be exciting, baha. I don't have a personal preference.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'd want a letter that was sent around the world to all the mods to say I am a loveable member and asked to stay on this site and signed by everyone! :3 That would be pretty awesome!!
    Otherwise, I'd want people to make shapes with their bodies and photoshop everyone together to make like.. I dunno.. some sort of message.
    stock-photo-group-of-black-dressed-people-forming-the-letters-of-the-alphabet-109359533.jpg

I kinda hate surprises where something is expected of you I rather know ahead-of-time. (LIKE... CONGRATULATIONS, YOU'RE A MAID OF HONOUR NOW HERE IS ALL THIS RESPONSIBILITY YOU CAN'T REFUSE.) :/ I know the way staff goes though and they don't like to give people ideas so it wouldn't happen for anyone- but especially not for me lol
    It's usually done by page-surprise (let me link you here) or group chat/ skype call though! I don't remember what happened when I was modded.. it was so long ago ._.

In all honesty, I would more than likely refuse a mod position. As much as I like to contribute to the forums, I wouldn't be a good fit personality-wise as I'm too harsh and I'd gannon-ban everyone in a *****y way. LOL.. and wouldn't want the obligation.
    BUT!! A "We <3 you, Kura!/ Kura, you're a good member/ role model!" is always nice to hear regardless of position.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would want it to happen by surprise. Like my name just turning blue one day. Or by group chat on Skype or something. I think the PM way is boring. I think it would be more fun the two ways I mentioned :3

Years
  • I was perfectly fine with the PM I was sent asking me to be a mod, and if I were to get promoted again one day, that's the way I'd like it to happen. Not that I'd be against some sort of group chat where I casually find out, but a PM seems very simple and to the point (and a little more official, I guess?).

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think staff has come to find I'm not too partial to group chats, so a simple PM is fine, just like when I was modded. ...And leave me as moderator of Challenges even if I'm a Super Mod. ;3

Nakala Pri

I would like it to be a secret debate where everyone decides to vote and they pick me! ^.^ THAT would rock! I would want the reason to be that 'I am very cheerful and intimidating, that I am super kooky and random and I deplore annoying trollers and sick old men searching the internet to pin point young girls and boys.'

I WANNA BE A MODERATOR!! :D

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • It wouldn't matter very much to me as to how I would get promoted, in all honesty.

If I woke up one morning and logged on to find myself a moderator of x forum, I'd be quite surprised at the very least and I'd dance around for a little while. That's precisely what happened when I was promoted straight to driver from regular user and then driver to moderator on the PokeCommunity Showdown server: I had no idea either was going to happen. The surprise value is always invaluable.

Knowing I was going to be promoted would remove the surprise value somewhat but I would still be in a state of euphoria over the upcoming promotion. For example, I knew I was being considered for drivers on the Smogon Showdown server a day or so before my four-hour long nomination was made official, and I was incredibly excited: I never thought I'd see myself drivered there. I suppose there is a surprise value in actually being informed beforehand that you're going to be promoted, though ('oh wow I'm being considered for mods OMG never saw this coming')

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Big celebration, countless threads praising their new overlord, passing of the banhammer, etc.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • When I was modded in 2011, it was by PM...but to be quite honest it was a PM I wasn't expecting of. Me and quilzel were just having fun on msn and on my twitter I tweeted: "I'm having so much fun today." Then Drew (who was a smod back then), tweeted me back saying "you...need to get on PC before you get tired of all that fun". So I got curious, got on PC and read the short PM given by Drew saying "in short, would you like to be a moderator for New Users/Welcome [TWL]?" Of course I was definitely blown away.

If that opportunity came to me once again, I think a PM would work well for me. I feel that promotion PMs are suitable and more personal. I'd probably feel clueless and awkward in a random group conversation out of nowhere lol. And the idea of a PC member traveling to my house to promote me sounds like a grand idea...and I wish someone would do that!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I'd like it if I was invited in a group convo with a bunch of other admins and saying that they all agreed with me being promoted to being an admin. Would be really cool if that happened :-)

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
  • I'd at least want to be asked if I'm able to take up the position before it happens. I don't want to just be modded, & then two days later, I'm way too busy to do anything & I have to resign, & the staff have to find someone else. At least if I reject before I get the position, they won't have to worry about promoting me, then demoting me.

As an admin of a forum, I'd also rather ask the person (or people) we're considering promoting first in case they don't want the position or they're too busy. That way we won't be promoting someone, then finding out they're too busy or something.

Back