• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is that you're holding in your hands?"

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I mean, I'm 20 years old and I earn my money. I'll spend it on whatever I want.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Well most of us done that at some point of time. My iphone plus lots of jackets. I've only used my jacket when I'm at my uncles house. Although they'll probably don't mind at all.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Ehh growing up, I was one of those goody-goody kids who usually tells mom and dad everything. Or, I was just always around my parents when I was about to make a purchase.

However, I haven't told my mom that I bought White 2. I used my own money and entered Walmart by myself to get it. She just thinks I'm a loser for still following the series. If she ever does find out, I don't care. Her problem! :)

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I blew all of my excess scholarship money on a PS3 when I was in college and my mom still thinks it's in my bank account. Other than that, nothing really. She was always pretty nosy and found pretty much everything I had.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I think I never did that... Oh yeah I remember I asked my mom for some money telling it was for a school project but it was for her bday. We (me and my twin sis) got a cake and few gifts without any help from my dad and my dad didn't knew about this. It was fun and my parents were shocked! :D

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I've never misused my parents money. I think that'd just be wrong for me personally because my parents always try and make sure I have everything I need and I respect that they do that for me. Now I have my own money, so I can spend it however I want. Now that I live in another country than my parents, they don't know a lot of the things I spend my money on, but I'm an adult so they don't really need to know.

If I'm making big purchases, I still like to ask their opinion though! So they sometimes know!

Years
  • I never had to hide purchases from my parents. They knew I had the money. At points in time they had to order things online for me, so there's no way they couldn't have known about it. Even if I didn't tell them at the time I got it they'd find out eventually. Never was a need to keep secrets from them. :p

After I moved out of the house, I haven't told them what I buy, because I don't really talk to them much anymore. Also, I'm financially independent now, so it's not their business.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I live with my parents, thats my choice, especially that my grandma has heart problems, and she only trusts me to take her to her appointments.

I'm 27 years old, I work at night (I'm not a morning person), so I help out with the home bills, every working family member puts in an equal amount of cash for bills, after the bills, next I have to spend money on the hospital and meds. I have to live with diabetes for the rest of my life.

I still have enough cash left over, but my problem. I spend it too fast, usually on Pokemon related stuff. Plushies, shirts, games, cards, and anything I can find.

To answer the questions:
    Have you bought something without your parents knowing? - as long as its not food items, my parents don't really care what I buy. I have to try and not buy items that are high in fats, salt, and especially sugar. Even if I show to my parents, they really don't care - they always remind me "its your money, spend how ever you want it" in Spanish of course. I know its bad for my health, once in a while I like to buy a slice of chocolate cheesecake to enjoy, but I have to try and sneak it into my room with no one noticing. 80% of the time I do get away with it

If so, what are some of the things you bought? - chocolate cheesecake slice

Have you shown your parents (Or whoever said no) afterward what you got? - yes my grandma.

Last edited:

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • The only thing I ever bought without my parents knowing was a pack of cigarettes. And more so from then on but yeah, just cigarettes ;;

i'm such a horrible person.
    Sorry bro, but knowing your mother I'd have to say you're just fine... (To everyone who just read this, I'm being serious u_u)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I buy a lot of stuff without my parents knowing. I buy clothes, video games and other things. I use my own money though so my parents dont really care.

Years
  • I usually buy things without my parent's permission, but only small, cheap things. Stuff that they don't really care about, such as food/candy/etc.

Funny story, I went to Universal Studios Orlando just last week and I spent $230 out of a total of $400 on Harry Potter souvenirs alone without my parents' permission, lol. Gotta have a wand, scarf, robe, etc. They didn't care too much, though. It's the price of being a wizard.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Well, my parents think I'm consistently broke (which is true more often than not) so yes, I have. Mostly clothes and stuff like that, stuff you can't exactly hide. Obviously I ended up wearing the clothes some time soon and my parents would ask "where did you get that?" I'd just say that I had it all the time, and they'd believe me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I never buy anything without my parents permission. I'm like the kid who always does what my parents tell me.

Rango

Show Me The Money Wide Load!
    Years
  • My parents don't generally care what I buy, but even then they generally get angry if they see something new and I haven't told them about it yet.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • DVDs. I don't know why, but I never liked it whenever I came back from shopping and my parents asked what I'd bought. So I'd normally just not tell them when I lived with them. They wouldn't have cared, but I'd have had to explain that "oh, it's just a French black-and-white musical" or "it's got subtitles" and it just saved the awkwardness really. Apart from that, nothing much, really.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • There was this TV show called Hex that was around when I was a teenager. It was a British show and 100% freaking awesome, but my mother saw an ad for it and didn't want me watching it because it looked too grown up or whatever. So I went out and bought the Season 2 DVD (I already had Season 1) without her knowing. I also bought a big book (Wizardology, I believe) so that I could hide it in the bag behind that, take it to my room and Mum would never know.

I watched it in secret when she wasn't home and then finally when I was old enough I just put it in my DVD case with the rest of my DVDs and didn't care whether she knew I had it or not :P

Back