• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Game: Sapphire
Type: Person
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

The problem is that nothing happens when I talk to the Person. It just makes the "bleep" sound.

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Game: Sapphire
Type: Person
Editor: XSE
Script:
Spoiler:

The problem is that nothing happens when I talk to the Person. It just makes the "bleep" sound.

That's weird, should work. Looks fine to me. Just tested it out in my ruby hack (make sure you fix your @q message because it doesn't wrap .. maybe to " It looks like someone lost their\nbag! Would you like to search it?")

But yeah it worked for me just make sure in AdvanceMap, you're putting the offset on the right person event. Literally, in this case all you need to do in advancemap is find your person event and paste your offset 800020 to the script offset.

7nUcXLm.png

le proof

uiaO0Z5.png

I used a different offset, but I completely copied and pasted your code and it worked.

My best guess: you didn't put the right offset on the right person

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
The offsets did not match. I have a video showing whats happening, but I can't post it(I haven't made 15 posts or more)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Thanks gogojtech after installing the newer version of XSE and compiling, the script worked!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2016
I have a little problem with a script in my hackrom, and I wondered if you could help me solve it...

Game: Pokemon Ruby USA
Type: Person Event.
Editor: I use Notepad to make the scripts, then compile them with Poketscript.
Script
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
I do not know how to post the screenshots, so I'll be uploading them as attachments... I hope this is not a problem.

Thanks in advance!

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I have a little problem with a script in my hackrom, and I wondered if you could help me solve it...

Game: Pokemon Ruby USA
Type: Person Event.
Editor: I use Notepad to make the scripts, then compile them with Poketscript.
Script
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
I do not know how to post the screenshots, so I'll be uploading them as attachments... I hope this is not a problem.

Thanks in advance!

Use this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0t2wylmh4juzvux/Unofficial_XSE.zip
Then do this:
Spoiler:

The red is because you need to read this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=302347

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 13, 2016
Ok... Tried your script, but the game just stops working. It does not even show the dialogue :/. Oh, and are you suggesting I should change the flags? Do you think that may be the problem?

GoGoJJTech

Years
Ok... Tried your script, but the game just stops working. It does not even show the dialogue :/. Oh, and are you suggesting I should change the flags? Do you think that may be the problem?

Yes, you can't use extra flags without Jambo's extension!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Does anyone here know what the XSE command is to check the pokedex? Have looked at oaks aide scripts but cant figure it out. Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Does anyone here know what the XSE special is to check the pokedex? Have looked at oaks aide scripts but cant figure it out. Thanks!

Also, how do I check for a certain move? And is there somewhere I can find the move numbers in hex?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019
So I just figured out how to make a hidden item work (using Emerald), and I was wondering if anybody has a list of unused Hidden IDs for hidden item scripts. I couldn't find a list anywhere on the internet, and it's kind of necessary to avoid having two hidden items share the same hidden ID and screwing up the game.

I apologize if this doesn't actually qualify for script help, but I think it's close enough.

GoGoJJTech

Years
Also, how do I check for a certain move? And is there somewhere I can find the move numbers in hex?

checkattack in XSE, and in the XSE ini, go to the bottom it says:
STD=1
STDItems=0
STDPoke=0
STDAttacks=0

Set each to =1
then in XSE do
checkattack ATK_POUND for example

So I just figured out how to make a hidden item work (using Emerald), and I was wondering if anybody has a list of unused Hidden IDs for hidden item scripts. I couldn't find a list anywhere on the internet, and it's kind of necessary to avoid having two hidden items share the same hidden ID and screwing up the game.

I apologize if this doesn't actually qualify for script help, but I think it's close enough.

Sorry, but there's only a list for FR. You can just use flags from scripts you deleted. That makes them free.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
HELP
Hello, I am attempting to create a new hack and after hours of tutorials on youtube and reading different blogs/ threads I am left with a few unanswered questions and would greatly appreciate it if I received positive feedback with good answers.
1. How am I going to be able to change the way the game pans out?
as in the events within the game through advance map and xse ect.

2. Am I able to alter the way the game starts?
as in when emerald begins the player starts off in a moving truck can
I change that and if so how?

3. Am I allowed to add a firered map to an emerald rom in advance map editor? and
if so how?

4. Am I allowed to have 2 sets of gym leaders?

5. How do I know the sequence of my scripts within the game? From what I see and
interpret it feels like the game will not change we only change what they say and look like. But for example on the hacked rom pokemon light platinum he had two regions two sets of gym leaders and a completely original story. What do I need in order to do that?

It will help if you can assist me with any of the 5 points. If you know just 1 or 2 of the 5 please post it to help me out. Thank you for all of your help.

EXTENSION,
also can anyone let me know what is wrong with this script? what is supposed to happen is
the player walks on the script tile the camera moves to the left shows the talk scene then both the characters move another talk scene happens then the camera moves back to the start position then the player is able to move again. I cannot find what is wrong with it. please help.

#org $script
jingle
special 0x113
applymovement 0x7F $cameramove
cameramove 1 ; #binary 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 0x7F cameramove1
cameramove1 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x11 0xFE
pausemove 0
message $talk
$talk 1 = Professor Odin: GAAAHHH!!!! SOMEBODY HELP!!!!
boxset6
message $talk2
$talk 2 = ???: Shut up Professor, you're coming with me!
boxset6
applymovement 7 $walk
$walk 1 ; #binary 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x20 0x20 0x20 0x02 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 8 $walk1
$walk1 1 ; #binary 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x20 0x20 0xFE
applymovement 9 $walk2
$walk2 1 ; #binary 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x1E 0x20 0x20 0xFE
message $talk3
$talk3 = ???: You are only making this harder on yourself Odin.
boxset6
applymovement 0x7F cameramove2
vameramove2 1 ; #binary 0x11 0x11 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0x13 0xFE
pausemove 0
applymovement 0x7F cameramove3
cameramove3 1 ; #binary 0x13 0x13 0xFE
special 0x114
setvar 0x6000 0x0001
release
end

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2018
So i'm making this script were as soon as the player has beaten the league a second time and walks out their their house prof.oak comes and tells them them that they can now go to the johto region but for some reason it doesnt work :(, does anyone know why?
i went to header in am and used map type: on entering map/not on menu close [03]

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
checktrainerflag 0x2E3
if == call @beatengarytwice
end

#org @beatengarytwice
lock
movesprite 0x4 0xB 0xE
spritebehave 0x4 0x7
applymovement 0x4 @moveoak
pauseevent 0x0
msgbox @talk
callstd MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0x4 @moveoak2
disappear 0x4
pauseevent 0x0
release
end

#org @talk
= OAK: Ah, \v\h01!\pGuess what! I just got a call and\nit looks like the path to JOHTO\lis finally open again!\pI told ELM to be expecting you\nso I'll visit soon, just have to do\la few things.\pPOK\eMON around the world wait for\nyou, \v\h01! Hohoho.

#org @moveoak
m walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left look_up end

#org @moveoak2
m walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
When both 340 and 34B are true then it should function as a normal Mart. However, the item pictures are fuzz and the descriptions extend beyond the box. The only items that work are the TM's. What did I do wrong?
Spoiler:

GoGoJJTech

Years
When both 340 and 34B are true then it should function as a normal Mart. However, the item pictures are fuzz and the descriptions extend beyond the box. The only items that work are the TM's. What did I do wrong?
Spoiler:

You most likely corrupted the Mart routine. You can't fix it unless you know where it is. That happens when repointing to un-free space. Also, using a-map 1.95.

So i'm making this script were as soon as the player has beaten the league a second time and walks out their their house prof.oak comes and tells them them that they can now go to the johto region but for some reason it doesnt work :(, does anyone know why?
i went to header in am and used map type: on entering map/not on menu close [03]

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
checktrainerflag 0x2E3
if == call @beatengarytwice
end

#org @beatengarytwice
lock
movesprite 0x4 0xB 0xE
spritebehave 0x4 0x7
applymovement 0x4 @moveoak
pauseevent 0x0
msgbox @talk
callstd MSG_NORMAL
applymovement 0x4 @moveoak2
disappear 0x4
pauseevent 0x0
release
end

#org @talk
= OAK: Ah, \v\h01!\pGuess what! I just got a call and\nit looks like the path to JOHTO\lis finally open again!\pI told ELM to be expecting you\nso I'll visit soon, just have to do\la few things.\pPOK\eMON around the world wait for\nyou, \v\h01! Hohoho.

#org @moveoak
m walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_up walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left walk_left look_up end

#org @moveoak2
m walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_right walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down walk_down end

I get this all the time. For some reason, you must use 5 or 7 instead of 3. When 3 fails, go with one of the other two. It works.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with this script? What's going wrong is the question yesno box pops up, but it just repeats itself and doesn't go to the pointers no matter which option you pick.

The script is supposed to:

Give the player an option whether they want to take the quest
Give the player an item only once
Wait for a flag to be set ie item delivered
Give the player a pokemon and money as a reward only once
Then finally say something generic when the whole quest Is done ie flag 1003 is set

Thanks

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1003
if 0x0 goto @mooquestintro
if 0x1 goto @moofinished
release
end
#org @mooquestintro
checkflag 0x1001
if 0x0 goto @moodelintro
if 0x1 goto @moodelgiven
release
end
#org @moodelintro
msgbox @moomoodelivery1 0x5
if 0x1 goto @yesanswermoo
if 0x0 goto @nomoomoodelivery
release
end
#org @moodelgiven
checkflag 0x1002
if 0x0 goto @tookmoochal
if 0x1 goto @moocompleted
release
end
#org @yesanswermoo
msgbox @yesmoomoodelivery 0x6
giveitem 0x1D 0x10 0x0
setflag 0x1001
release
end
#org @moocompleted
msgbox @delmoodone 0x00
countpokemon
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x1 goto @noroomformiltank
givemoney 0x9F9 0x00
givepokemon 0xF1 0x16 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @delmoorewards 0x6
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1003
release
end

#org @moomoodelivery1
We've been having such bad luck recently. Our delivery guys have all left for new jobs, so we're struggling to get our MOOMOO MILK orders out to customers. I don't suppose you could spare some time to help us out?
#org @yesmoomoodelivery
Really? Oh, thank you! Thank you so much! You will be paid, of course. Could you take this batch of MOOMOO MILK to one of our customers in Clifftop Town?
#org @nomoomoodelivery
Oh... OK. I understand. Of course you're busy with your own things to deal with. Sorry to have troubled you.
#org @tookmoochal
Have you delivered the MOOMOO MILK to the old lady in Clifftop Town yet?
#org @delmoodone
[PLAYER], I can't thank you enough for making that delivery for us. You really helped us out - business is back to normal again! My husband and I decided that giving you money as a reward wasn't enough! So, we want you to have one of our MILTANK.
#org @delmoorewards
[PLAYER] received a MILTANK and [$]2500!
#org @noroomformiltank
Oh. We were going to give you one of our MILTANK as a reward, but you have no room for it...
#org @moofinished
We love all our POKeMON on this farm. We have MILTANK, RAPIDASH and TAUROS in the paddock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back