• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starter Pokémon Fanclub

Favourite Starters?

• Total voters

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?
    Chikorita, I have never seen the point to this thing I hated when I was a kid in the Anime I hated it when I picked for a run through silver,I dislike its design. there is nothing about chikorita that I like.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    But..., but..., everyonz luuuurvs Mudkipz! LOL
    Well i don't know much about BW starters, But i really like Tsutarja's evo line! (sorry, Snivy's evo line)...
    I also prefer tsutarja. Much better name IMO!
    But i don't like the fact that Oshawott's (lousy name btw) final evo is a completly different animal then the preevos! The preevos are Sea otters (like the second evo), but the final evo is a Sea lino... :/
    Snivy, I likey. I also like Oshawott. His final evo is also based on a giant otter. I don't like Chaoboo, only Tepig and Enbuoh.. (It looks like Ganon. 8D)

I'll go and make the fire and water userbars.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • It's been a while since I joined a club... Time to change that!

My favorite starter is Oshawott. He's just so cute! Even though a lot of people think he's ugly... And his name is kinda silly too, but I don't judge on names.

And I'd never get rid of a starter Pokémon, I actually adore them all. But if I had to, I'd sacrifice Chikorita. It's too plain in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Done with the userbars.
    259hj4g.png

15oayd4.png

^___^
    tkallab said:
    My favorite starter is Oshawott. He's just so cute! Even though a lot of people think he's ugly... And his name is kinda silly too, but I don't judge on names.
    Oshawott is indeed pretty cute. :D

Why do people hate on Chikorita? I used to hate it too, but it started growing on me. It's based on a dinosaur aswell, which is a plus for me. <3

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Spinosaurus; Those are so cute! If my signature wasn't so big and annoying, I'd put one in to help advertise. xD; and I have a secret grudge on you for what you said about Charmander

I don't hate on Chikorita, I actually liked her and her evolutions quite a bit. Yeah, Meganium wasn't the best ever, but I still enjoyed it more than Feraligatr. xD; Maybe for designs reasons. Typhlosion kicks both of them imo, though ~ <3 The grass starter I dislike the most is probably the new one, Snivy. Everyone seems to love it which is one thing that gets me annoyed off the bat, but also, I think it's just weird looking. (I really needs to get more reasons for liking/disliking other than looks. xD)

If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?

I would probably get rid of Mudkip, because that huge meme of it that still floats around the Internet annoys the crap outta me. xD; I know, I know, bad reason. I don't have a good reason for any of them though, because I don't hate any of them, really. But I've never been fond of Mudkip or chosen it before.

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • If you could choose to get rid of one starter forever, which one would it be & why (considering what everyone else wants)?

I would have to say Chikorita. Chikorita was ok but I wasn't too crazy about it. The only thing I like about this starter is its final form. Everything else I'm not a fan of.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • The most people seem to pick chikorita as their least favourite...
    @AshPikastar that's funny, since I don't really like Meganium... out of those three, I like Bayleaf's design the most!

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'm surprised to see so many people choosing Chikorita. Poor thing, haha. I always disliked Treeko and Turtwig more than Chikorita, myself. I'm also surprised to see that nobody has voted for Mudkip as their favorite. I was always the only one out of my group of friends who didn't love Mudkip. :P

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
  • I would get rid of the Hoenn starters, actually I would just bomb all of Hoenn, except for Flygon.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I'm surprised to see so many people choosing Chikorita. Poor thing, haha. I always disliked Treeko and Turtwig more than Chikorita, myself. I'm also surprised to see that nobody has voted for Mudkip as their favorite. I was always the only one out of my group of friends who didn't love Mudkip. :P

I actually like Mudkip but it was a hard choice between Chimchar and Turtwig. Mudkip would have to be my favorite Hoenn starter Pokemon though.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Nooooooooo!!! Hoenn is my absolutely favourite region!
    Plus the starters are all really great! All three are cute, and have amazing final evos!
    What more do you want?!

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Hoenn had Grovyle, Blazikin, and Swampert which are awesome Pokemon. I almost like all of their final form but Treeko.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Yeah, Hoenn had some awesome starters. It's just too long ago I played the Hoenn games, or I'd probably pick one of their starters as my favorite.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Hoenn is actually my favorite region, and it had my favorite starters. It's the only region that didn't have a starter for me to dislike. (if you include the evos, that is.)

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
    Years
  • I like all of the starters except for Hoenn's ones. I pick Treecko when I pllay Emerald, but I usually get rid of it when I catch another Pokemon.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • I wasn't that big of a fan of Hoenn either... at least compared to the regions before it (I actually like Chikorita). I used Mudkip because Fish that can beat the snot out of Electric types are good :O Oh and I have no permission to rat on Torchic because my pair is attached to that one. Treeco, however, is fair game :P

But, the starter I'd have kicked would be Chimchar or Tepig :/ I felt that as a second Fire/Fighting type... Infernape and Emboar flopped in comparison to Blaziken. I'm one of those people who is disliking this trend in Fire starters :/ I personally have no beef with the starter forms though.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hoenn's starters are kind of... boring? I love Torchic, don't get me wrong, but compared to the previous ones, something about Hoenn's seemed below par? I remember when B/W were announced and Tsutaaja was mentioned... people kept saying it was just like Treecko and that's why it sucked. And then like, not much longer it became pretty much the starter Pokemon with the second most popular meme of all, haha (I'd assume second most because of I herd u liek mudkipz).

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I really like all the regions starts (save for Chikorita) I loved Hoenn I used my Sceptile until I lost my ruby :( sneaky gremlins stealing stuff.
    anyway long story short I love the Hoenn starters and have high expectations for the Isshu/Unova starters.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh just had a strange thought earlier about Tepig.

Charmander, Cyndaquil, Chimchar.
    Torchic, Tepig.

Tepig got its naming because Torchic felt left out? :(
    (And yet right now Torchic/Tepig are my favourite starters lol).

Last edited:

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Oh just had a strange thought earlier about Tipeg.

Charmander, Cyndaquil, Chimchar.
    Torchic, Tepig.

Tepig got its naming because Torchic felt left out? :(
    (And yet right now Torchic/Tepig are my favourite starters lol).

Oh wow I never noticed that. If Tepig started with a "C" what do you guys think it would be called?

Back